CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom said they met at the park. Makes sense to me that Dad would drive J to park and drop him, but JR isn't there, Dad just drops off J, he walks the rest of the way to school. Jessica was taken somewhere between her house and the park.

bbm
I'm playing catch-up here, so someone else may have by now stated this...

Cosmith, I think your choice of the word, "taken" in the bbm statement was right on target. As others have said, I think a girl of JR's age would not be lured by a lost puppy story or a "your mother/father/sister/friend is sick and you must come with me" story. I think she may have been followed and surprised by a blow to her head and then taken to a vehicle and driven away to who knows where. Kids this age are drilled in the stranger-danger situation as an earlier poster stated, and they would not be susceptible to those kind of traps. Plus, she was alone for those few minutes with no walking buddy and would have been very vulnerable to a pure kidnapping. Maybe she was caught behind a building or a tree or shrubs for just those few moments, made unconscious, etc., and taken to a very nearby car and whooshed away...
icon8.gif

That is, unless it was someone she knew and/or trusted....that would have been much easier for the perpetrator....
icon9.gif

Was she merely in the wrong place at the wrong time, or was she singled out by someone for some reason?

Rest in Peace Jessica.

Tears are flowing.
Justice will come.

Thoughts and blessings go out to Jessica's family and friends.

God Bless
Goz

So, if there are missing parts, do you suppose that LE has gone six miles SW from the back pack and 6 miles NW of where the body was found? Look at the map and where everything ended up. Like El Dorado Mountains or Flatirons Vista. There is so much open space there, though, it would take forever to cover it all.

I also think they should look northeast and southeast of Jessica's home.

Probably too manpower intensive but I hope they are giving city and county workers who are out in the environment a refresher on stuff to check out (birds circling, reports of bad smells, etc).

bbm
I'm playing catch-up here, so someone else may have by now stated this...

Cosmith, I think your choice of the word, "taken" in the bbm statement was right on target. As others have said, I think a girl of JR's age would not be lured by a lost puppy story or a "your mother/father/sister/friend is sick and you must come with me" story. I think she may have been followed and surprised by a blow to her head and then taken to a vehicle and driven away to who knows where. Kids this age are drilled in the stranger-danger situation as an earlier poster stated, and they would not be susceptible to those kind of traps. Plus, she was alone for those few minutes with no walking buddy and would have been very vulnerable to a pure kidnapping. Maybe she was caught behind a building or a tree or shrubs for just those few moments, made unconscious, etc., and taken to a very nearby car and whooshed away...
icon8.gif

That is, unless it was someone she knew and/or trusted....that would have been much easier for the perpetrator....
icon9.gif

Was she merely in the wrong place at the wrong time, or was she singled out by someone for some reason?

The girl in Wyoming (11 years old IIRC) was lured by a 'lost puppy'.

Can someone post a link to the RSO list for Colorado? TIA.

I have some questions for WSthers who have followed this case closely from the beginning, which I did not.

Regarding not being able to identify Jessica by fingerprints, has there been any confirmation that her fingerprints were on file anywhere?

Regarding not being able to identify her by dental records, has there been any confirmation that such records exist? I mean, maybe her single, night-shift-working mom did not have dental insurance nor was able to afford paying out of pocket treatment expenses, so it's possible Jessica had never seen a dentist. Just a thought if the existence of dental records has not been confirmed in the MSM.

My point being that if there were no fingerprint or dental records, DNA was the only way to identify her, if her face was so damaged for whatever reason that LE did not think she would be identifiable that way, or even wanted to spare her family that sight.

Just trying to think of reasons besides the disturbingly obvious why DNA identification might have been the only viable choice.

For those more experienced than I, do perps who stick their noses in their own investigation tend to stick to the more methodical, technical, LE side of it, or have you seen those that offer support and condolences to loved ones?

In little Jonathan Foster's case in TX, the alleged perp, Mona Nelson, went to the house and sat with the mother/family after she had burned him and placed him in a ditch.

I also think they should look northeast and southeast of Jessica's home.

Probably too manpower intensive but I hope they are giving city and county workers who are out in the environment a refresher on stuff to check out (birds circling, reports of bad smells, etc).
One the one hand I agree, but that takes to towards the city, and it would be harder, though obviously not impossible, to put something there that no one would have noticed yet. Around here, some homeless person would have found something in a bag in the city already.

I live just up the road from where the Jorelys Rivera, tragedy happened. Elizabeth Smart, visited her mother and spoke with children from the Canton, GA, community. She is such an inspiration..

With that said, Green River serial killer; Gary Ridgeway, had a victim in his bedroom when LE responded to his home in the early 80's, after the victim's BF & Father recognized his truck. He convinced the officers that they were mistaken.
Ridgeway, then considered a prime POI/Suspect by the GR task force passed two polygraphs and several interrogations by investigators.
Ridgeway, a sadistic psychopath's IQ was only in the 70's...He attended classes sort of speak, seminars/book sighnings, held by Author Ann Rule.. After his eventual arrest, her daughter said GR was a regular fixture at the book signings, but never purchased a book..

Fast forward two decades and forty-plus innocent victims later.. In November 2001, Gary Ridgeway was identified/arrested/convicted due to DNA technology upgrades which was available to investigators in 1996...

Ok. This is probably crazy and WAY OFF BASE, but has anyone considered a possible connection to this. Same last name. If related couldn't perp be a relative of one of his victims extracting some revenge.

SCRATCH THAT... Just looked. Spelling is different. Sorry!

I think the RSO from "Sante Fe" could possibly be very, very significant ...... MOO

I too must head to bed ..... good night dear people ..... may Justice for Jessica be served!!

Praying for her dear Mama and Dad and all who knew and loved her .... as well as for all sleuthers whoms hearts she has truly touched!

Just to make this clear, again. The street is 4th and Santa Fe where the reporter was broadcasting from... in front of a RSO house where Federal Marshalls and some guy with a shirt on that said "Parole" where there to get DNA for an "unrelated" warrant. Whatever comes of that ... ????

Not the city of Santa Fe, NM ... where I live. lol.

UGH... off to bed, again, with the world's biggest head cold. #needmeds

I have some questions for WSthers who have followed this case closely from the beginning, which I did not.

Regarding not being able to identify Jessica by fingerprints, has there been any confirmation that her fingerprints were on file anywhere?

Regarding not being able to identify her by dental records, has there been any confirmation that such records exist? I mean, maybe her single, night-shift-working mom did not have dental insurance nor was able to afford paying out of pocket treatment expenses, so it's possible Jessica had never seen a dentist. Just a thought if the existence of dental records has not been confirmed in the MSM.

My point being that if there were no fingerprint or dental records, DNA was the only way to identify her, if her face was so damaged for whatever reason that LE did not think she would be identifiable that way, or even wanted to spare her family that sight.

Just trying to think of reasons besides the disturbingly obvious why DNA identification might have been the only viable choice.
Her fingerprints would have been in her room in her house, so they can get them there.

No confirmation of dental records or lack thereof that I have seen.

I have to go with disturbingly obvious, though.

Ok. This is probably crazy and WAY OFF BASE, but has anyone considered a possible connection to this. Same last name. If related couldn't perp be a relative of one of his victims extracting some revenge.

SCRATCH THAT... Just looked. Spelling is different. Sorry!

I thought of that too, then dismissed it as crazy and way off base. :floorlaugh:

My original point remains - we do not know if the dismemberment is part of the crime.

We still do not know if the death is a murder.

Certainly a crime has been committed, absolutely...that was not my point.

My point is, lets wait on the autopsy before we go looking for a butcher...or indeed, posting names and addresses.

???
By using 'we' you've taken it upon yourself to speak for 'us' again and again.
I have my own thoughts. Quite different ones.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be really bad at directions/maps, but the guys who was named tonight, here on WS was Limon, who lives on Perry Street (link below was provided earlier). I heard 4th and Sante Fe on the news tonight. Obviously, I am missing something.
http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=offender.detail&%20fname=&lname=&eml=&category=All&street=Perry&city=&zip=&county=&sort=NAM&Search=Search&id=X002458609

Different man with same last name, I think.

ETA: That man lives no where near 4th and Santa Fe. And I can't find the other man with the same last name on the RSO list, so I'm even more confused that norma.

"No one knows the criminal's mind and the crime scene better than the criminal themselves." ---- Me
Great quote, and I agree. I don't think it would be a stretch that a perp could google their crime and get off watching people getting distressed and trying to make sense of the clues. They could even participate in the conversation as a power play, throwing out red herrings or giving little clues and taking the kudos for being a great profiler.

All my opinion of course, but I don't see that kind of power game as much of a stretch.

Can I ask what your weapon of choice is. I am about to buy a gun myself, but not sure what to get. tia
Ok- you didn't ask me... but :blushing:

You need one you can comfortably hold without your wrist slipping or flipping- and fits your fingers. You have to be strong enough to be able to fire it and deal with the kick. A reputable gun store owner or range owner should be able to help you. Lessons at the range were very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle