CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it's possible that she was assaulted in the shack on the hill and that her body was found in the culvert? That would explain why police were investigating the shack and looking on the hill. I'm looking at aerial maps and it doesn't look like the area is easily accessible from the top of the hill, so wouldn't that mean that she was brought to the area from the road? What are your thoughts?

The area isn't accessible from anywhere else unless you are willing to do a lot of hiking.

The view east from where Jessica's body was found.
picture.php

Thanks for the pictures.

I think that the guy that did this is completely freaking out this weekend because I'm pretty sure that he went to great lengths to do what he could to ensure that she was not found and never identified. I hope everyone in the area is checking in with friends and family to see if anyone is completely out of sorts about the discovery of Jessica's body. I suspect the perp is also combing the news to find out everything possible about the progress of the investigation.

So was the area ever taped off? They must be confident they have processed the scene completely if people are allowed to be there now.

Yes, this was the middle of the crime scene. They had blocked off the entire length of Leyden Road from Quaker to Colorado 93.

Regarding the crime scene vehicle, @tom_thayer reported the info to @ch9 via twitter. I have not seen a response yet. HTH.

Is there a link for Holly?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3204"]Michael Briere alleged murder of Holly Jones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7551"]Found Deceased Canada - Holly Jones, 10, Toronto Ontario, 12 May 2003 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.hollyjones.ca/

Michael Briere was a software programmer with no criminal record

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7551"]Found Deceased Canada - Holly Jones, 10, Toronto Ontario, 12 May 2003 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

NO. There is no sidewalk at the location where the body was found. The photo was not taken there.

I thought this photo was from the road the houses are on that you turned off from to get on the road she was found. It's that road the reporters were on, because they couldn't get on the blocked off road. Where was this photo taken?

I just watched TLC's 48 hr Mysteries...curious if anyone else here saw it? I missed the beginning but immediately thought of this case. The episode was about a 1997 murder/dismemberment case of a young woman (Peggy Hettrick) whose private parts were removed, body found in a field in Fort Collins, CO. A 15yo boy was wrongly convicted way back (Tim Masters)...had his criminal record sealed in 2009. Murder has not been solved. I realize the victim ages are way off but couldn't shake the feeling it left me with. Here is a link to the episodes. It is titled "Drawn to Murder"http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=2.1213.25158.8944.4

I don't think Tim Masters had anything to do with this. He was exonerated for the Hettrick murder and from what it sounds like, has basically tried to live a normal life since then. In my opinion, the police treated him really poorly despite the absence of any concrete evidence linking him to a crime.

(As a side note, I imagine that whenever something like this happens in the region, Tim Masters holds his breath, knowing that people still think he's a criminal, not just a guy who drew weird stuff.)

This photo shows an outpouring of love and empathy for JR's family and community. Breaks my heart that sweet little JR was grabbed & murdered. I'm glad to recall that her family said they were strong, because they are needing to draw on that strength now. I know here little puppy is missing her too.

Question: was Jessica the only child of her mother & father? Are there any siblings?

Prayers the person(s) responsible are quickly located and reep the consequences of their evil act.

Good Morning MisterMayor! (it's morning for me here out in the middle of the pacific ocean :))

You're local to the area if I remember correctly?

If I am remembering correctly that you are I wanted to ask about something I wondered--- how frequented those old bldgs are visited?

I wonder if people stop and get out there all the time? Or was/is it a known hangout for teens and such?

No specific reason other than I'm just trying to get a feel for the area. I haven't been to that area of the country before.

Morning...I am not familiar enough with that area to say. I don't know if these outbuildings are riddled with trash and graffiti or very rarely visited and truly abandoned. Based on the proximity to civilization, it's safe to assume they have been explored fairly thoroughly. I don't think it's a place people stop and get out of their vehicles...you're really only accessing those areas if you're hiking in by foot from some sort of trailhead. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

Regarding the crime scene vehicle, @tom_thayer reported the info to @ch9 via twitter. I have not seen a response yet. HTH.

Looks like it is about 3 miles east of crime scene.

Tom Thayer ‏@tom_thayer

@9News Crime scene vehicle at house just west of hwy 72 and Indiana. Have any details? #jessicaridgeway

I suspect the real reason the killer chose this location is isolation. From the settlement of Leyden going west there are no houses or lights until the road passes through a narrow gap in a hogback rock formation just before it ends at Colorado 93. The road has almost no traffic, especially in the middle of the night. Even if a car did come, you could hear it and see the headlights light up the hills for a long time before it comes into view. A killer dumping a body in the middle of the night at this location would have very little chance of being seen.

I very much agree. I was referring to how he (?) would have knowledge of the site prior to his unspeakable acts. I just don't think he grabbed a map and threw a dart, kwim? This guy has been to this area before, imo. Photography, exploration, etc. He knows this area and knows its desolation at night. JMO

I am on the side of the fence that thinks he wanted to delay/conceal ID of this precious child, thus the (imo, purposeful) intact remains. (I'm not going with HLNs head/hands report yet)

Very alarming! Common sense follows that RSO should never be allowed into peoples homes and we have no way of knowing in most cases.Really horrible if you ask me.Any business or job involving entering a home no RSO should be allowed IMO!

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I lived in an apartment in a not-great area of the city. I found out, from checking the RSO registry, that the SUPER (yes, as in the man who had keys to my apartment!) had 2 convictions for first degree rape :what: I called management to try and get him fired, and he found out, and was so pissed off at me that he tried to bust my door down. He was arrested and they found a "rape kit" (gloves, zip ties and duct tape) in his work truck. This man had been a constant nuisance to both of us, and was always hanging out around our place, overstaying his welcome. We realized after the fact that he was probably casing our apartment.

The kicker was the management knew he was a RSO, and they hired him anyways! And he wasn't fired even after he was arrested! I moved out less than a week later, and for all I know he still works there :furious:

I thought this photo was from the road the houses are on that you turned off from to get on the road she was found. It's that road the reporters were on, because they couldn't get on the blocked off road. Where was this photo taken?

That isn't anywhere near where the body was found. It could be near the Standley lake search area.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I lived in an apartment in a not-great area of the city. I found out, from checking the RSO registry, that the SUPER (yes, as in the man who had keys to my apartment!) had 2 convictions for first degree rape :what: I called management to try and get him fired, and he found out, and was so pissed off at me that he tried to bust my door down. He was arrested and they found a "rape kit" (gloves, zip ties and duct tape) in his work truck. This man had been a constant nuisance to both of us, and was always hanging out around our place, overstaying his welcome. We realized after the fact that he was probably casing our apartment.

The kicker was the management knew he was a RSO, and they hired him anyways! And he wasn't fired even after he was arrested! I moved out less than a week later, and for all I know he still works there :furious:

HORRIBLE! :what:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294140/188/Inside-the-mind-of-Jessicas-killer

DENVER - Jon Priest has tried to look into the minds of a thousand killers, and every time he says he has learned that sometimes it makes sense to sweat the small stuff.

"I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the same [crime scene] photograph over and over again, and it wasn't until the very last time that I said, 'there it is. Why didn't I recognize it?'" the former Denver homicide detective told 9News on Friday.
read more-
Jon Priest, never really gave an opinion of Jesica's abductor/murder...

Imo, the abductor's dna has possibly been tied to other crimes due to CODIS hit/s, yet the perp's identity is unknown, and this is the reason the predator alert was issued to the community by the WPD PIO....

Has anyone else been monitoring youtube??? Yesterday there were 2 more videos that were deleted (different username). The 2 videos were the only ones they had uploaded, they were in regards to Jessica and had been removed for violating youtubes TOS. I googled the username and there was only one other account on either flickr or picasa, can't remember offhand, but it was a photo sharing site and the user account had also been disabled for violating TOS.

Those youtube videos that posted last weekend were incredibly disturbing and I can't help but think might have actually been the perp(s) (I'm pretty sure it was two different voices).

I won't be surprised if it ends up being two perps, and two young ones at that.

Anyhow, I've been monitoring youtube for new activity, just wondering if anyone else was.

I myself would never hike over a mountain carrying a dead body so that I could dump the body 20 feet from a road that is not heavily traveled. But, that's just me, I'm quirky like that.

I don't think Tim Masters had anything to do with this. He was exonerated for the Hettrick murder and from what it sounds like, has basically tried to live a normal life since then. In my opinion, the police treated him really poorly despite the absence of any concrete evidence linking him to a crime.

(As a side note, I imagine that whenever something like this happens in the region, Tim Masters holds his breath, knowing that people still think he's a criminal, not just a guy who drew weird stuff.)

Sorry, I guess my point was more that the murder has remained unsolved. Who ever killed Peggy Hettrick, has not been found. There was another creepy, perverted doctor who lived nearby that was later caught with hidden video cameras in his bathroom but police didn't consider him a suspect...he committed suicide while out on bail I believe. Evidence showed there was more than one perp also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288