Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it at.all possible this young man left on his own? I would much rather him alive out In the world than the alternative.

Is it at.all possible this young man left on his own? I would much rather him alive out In the world than the alternative.

It is possible. For this to be the case *and* for all the reported accounts of timing and whereabouts to be true, it would have had to be a well-planned and orchestrated deliberate disappearance with an accomplice and some luck that his departure was not witnessed. IMHO

Update posted on the Find Joe Keller FB page. No new information, just pointing out that Joe will have been missing for five months as of tomorrow. Wondering about the status of the search of a lake the sheriff tentatively promised Joe's dad, and what else he demanded (Mr. Keller supposedly made seven demands, but not all have been reported). Thinking of his family, especially his mom ... :(.

The search of the lake will have to wait for spring. Everything is frozen up there.

Marking my spot, prayers for Joe's family during this time! May the New Year bring closure for the Keller's.

No news in so long. How terrible that this young man seems to have just vanished into thin air. :( Prayers that he is found.

I was wondering why LE seems to be leaning toward foul play / abduction . But then I just read he was running on a forest service road, not on hiking type trails as I had originally believed. So maybe they don't believe he could have become lost in the woods, which is what I had been leaning toward. As several have posted here, it doesn't seem anyone would want to abduct or cause harm to a young man just out taking a run minding his own business. I mean, why? But maybe LE knows something about the people or someone in that area that we don't know about.

Then they mention the possibility of a mountain lion attack, but he's not a baby or tiny toddler that could just be carried away real quick like. And it seems there would be some evidence if that had happened.

How baffling. His poor dear parents. :(

Just re-posting these links for reference:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2015/7/29/305161/Foul-PlayAbduction-Possibility-In.aspx

http://www.wdef.com/news/story/Sear...and-teen/ptPzXR-2Gk-z0uiBD3oCGA.cspx?rss=3457

Until there is evidence to prove otherwise, nothing will make me stop looking sideways at his friends. Leaving the state before the investigation is underway is too big a red flag. Whoever may have hurt Joe, I hope they don't get away with it. JMO

Prayers that Joe will be found and his family will have peace.

They still haven't found this kid !!????

Well, alright then............I'll check back in a month............or two.

Until there is evidence to prove otherwise, nothing will make me stop looking sideways at his friends. Leaving the state before the investigation is underway is too big a red flag. Whoever may have hurt Joe, I hope they don't get away with it. JMO

You have me thinking about this now. Could someone refresh my memory on who besides the friends last saw Joseph, and when, before he went missing? It's just the word of the friend who went jogging with him that we have to go on as far as what happened, from what I remember. I'm just wondering how much time lapsed between someone else actually seeing Joseph and the time they supposedly went jogging. TIA

You have me thinking about this now. Could someone refresh my memory on who besides the friends last saw Joseph, and when, before he went missing? It's just the word of the friend who went jogging with him that we have to go on as far as what happened, from what I remember. I'm just wondering how much time lapsed between someone else actually seeing Joseph and the time they supposedly went jogging. TIA

I don't know that there is a clear answer on this. Apparently he was seen shooting trap earlier in the day but I don't remember without going back through it all if his aunt/uncle ever say they saw him or not? The running partner says HE saw a fisherman but that's it.

I also side-eye this one. Either he fell and was injured and died of exposure, or the friends know more than they're saying.

I just remembered though, both of Joe's friends passed their polygraphs with flying colors didn't they?

Also, FWIW, I was just looking over the "Find Joe Keller" FB page, and saw a couple of comments from a local guy who said there are a lot of mountain lions in that area, and that a jogger brings out their prey instinct. He also said that the local search team there isn't any good.

A couple other posters on the page stated they have ran that same road for years and have never had any problems.

Also mentioned that he had been seen running in the opposite direction, possibly toward the river. My apologies if it's not ok to post this here.

I also read that the fisherman that was mentioned saw Joe's friend, Collin run by, but didn't see Joe. Seems that would have narrowed the search considerably. I'm beginning to think it's possible that someone was watching when they left, followed behind, and snatched him. :(

Joe was a particularly strong and healthy adult. If he was attacked by an animal there would be a significant scene.

The case has hit the six month mark. A brief message has been posted on the Find page, but there is absolutely nothing new. ... :(.

I hope the remains are his. jmo His poor family needs closure.

Bones found in Colorado could be Joe Keller's, but concerned citizens getting few answers about case

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...could-bones-found-colorado-be-kellers/346394/

I wonder where in the Rio Grande National Forest these bones were found. The forest is almost two million acres. Oh, and the article says the bones were found "*near* Colorado's remote and beautiful Rio Grande National Forest" (emphasis mine). I wonder if anyone in any position of anything but hope or sensationalism suspects the remains to be Joe Keller's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler