CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Status
Not open for further replies.
More from @GoJacks regarding bathroom
—-
Oh you sparked my memory. They asked her about the bathroom. She said she doesn't even remember turning on the light in there. She said she ran water in the shower and cleaned the top of the toilet and the lid of the toilet.

Also she mopped the floor on her hands in knees with a rag (entire place, not bathroom).

This was actually talked about later, Viehman brought it up at some point. I think apparently PF tried to clean the living room floor with a baby wipe but gave up. KK said baby wipe was still laying on the floor when she got there.

Like, he literally put zero effort into the clean up before he quit. jesus.

Edit: also KK had to take KB's trash bags because 2 wasn't enough.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Mistress Krystal Lee Kenney takes stand in Patrick Frazee murder trial

By ELISE SCHMELZER | eschmelzer@denverpost.com | The Denver Post
PUBLISHED: November 6, 2019 at 12:16 pm | UPDATED: November 6, 2019 at 7:09 pm

“He went from being someone who I loved and cared for and is one of my best friends,” she said, pausing in her speech. “And he said his little girl was being abused. I know it was wrong, but I didn’t know what to do and I didn’t make the right decisions.”

She described a manipulative and demanding man who pulled her away from her marriage with the hope of a family with him. Kenney did not look at Frazee as she spoke, though Frazee often stared at her as she testified and as she entered and left the courtroom at the Teller County Courthouse.

“He told me that I was the one that had gotten away,” she said.

The relationship between the two wasn’t always so dark.

[...]

Kenney said she never doubted Frazee’s stories of Berreth’s child abuse until an interaction in October 2018. She cared for Kaylee for a few hours while Frazee ran errands. When he returned, he criticized everything: how she changed the baby’s diaper, how she fixed a fence, how she prepared dinner.

“That’s when I had the thought that Kelsey probably wasn’t doing anything wrong,” Kenney said. “She just couldn’t do anything right.”

NOV 6, 2019
'I saw a lot of blood': Mistress details gory scene in man accused of killing fiancee
[...]

She said Frazee called her "rattled" on Thanksgiving night, asking her to come to Colorado saying, "He told me that I had a mess to clean up."

Kenney was already on the road when she received another call from Frazee, saying -- for the first time -- that she had a lot of "blood" to clean up.

"Part of me was scared that he really had done it," she said. She said he told her most of the blood was in the living room and asked her to "look in the vent to see if there was a tooth in the vent.”

"There was blood splattered on the east wall, taller than me," Kenney testified. "There was splatter, on stuffed animals, an exercise ball, a cedar chest. It was on the west wall, on the sink, the stove, on the dishwasher. The majority was on the hardwood floor in the living room."

She testified she cleaned up the blood, fearing for her own life, but intentionally left spots police might be able to find later.

“I shut the door and stood there. I was thinking about how bad it was, and how it was bad," she said. "And how I was probably next. I didn’t know what to do."

[...]

New
UPDATED AT 05:14AM, NOVEMBER 7, 2019
Krystal Lee details relationship with Patrick Frazee, plot to kill Kelsey Berreth
[...]

Lee told the court that Frazee claimed Berreth was hurting his baby girl Kaley and she had to be stopped.

“He wanted her to not be a problem anymore," Kenney said. "He wanted her dead."

Kenney said Frazee tried to convince her to poison Berreth with a caramel macchiato filled with Valium and Ambien, saying, “It would take care of the problem and Kaley wouldn’t be in danger anymore."

[...]

Frazee called Kenney later that afternoon and said “what the (expletive). What, what. ... Nothing happened to her. She’s with my child right now."

[...]

Kenney talked about lending Frazee thousands of dollars to buy horses. Kenney also said she never called police thinking, Frazee would try to frame her.

Kenney later testified that she went to Berreth's condominium in Woodland Park where she found a lot of blood on the living room floor, walls, sink and dishwasher.

One of the jurors started to cry during the graphic description.

Kenney said there were bloody footprints and that it took her four hours to clean the condominium. Frazee told her to make it look like Berreth disappeared on her own, Kenney testified.

Frazee said he was mad about a medication issue on Thanksgiving , so he took matters into his own hands, Kenney said.

[...]

“He said he swung away and that it was hard," Kenney testified that Frazee told her.

Kenney said Frazee then put Berreth’s body and the bat in a black tote carrying box that was in the back of his pickup truck.

[...]

NOV 6, 2019
Frazee murder trial: Mistress takes stand, reveals pregnancy - KRDO
Prosecutors said Frazee manipulated Lee into thinking Berreth was a bad parent, and he told Lee, "an innocent is going to be harmed" unless they did something. In Sept. 2018, Frazee recommended that Lee poison a coffee drink for Berreth. Lee said she didn't add anything to the drink, but she introduced herself and offered it to Berreth. She didn't accept it.

NOV 6, updated NOV 7, 2019
Kenney testifies on Frazee's attempts to solicit her to murder Berreth
[...]

Kenney also added she saw them all over the kitchen and into the bathroom. She remembered there was blood on the baby gate laying next to the wall by her table. She said the bathroom was one of the last things she got to. She said she ran water in the shower and then took a rag and wiped off the back and cover to the toilet.

According to Kenney, there was a sweater in the middle of the floor in the living room. She says there was blood on it and it was tied in a knot with the sleeves, which she threw in the trash. She said she saw bloody footprints in the bathroom. She says the bathroom was the last place she wiped and cleaned down before she started mopping the floor.

When she met up with Frazee, Kenney said he asked "did you get it done,” to which she responded, “I did the best I could do.” Kenney said Frazee responded and said “You better hope you did because our lives depend on it.”

[...]

Carol McKinley on Twitter
More grilling of #KrystalLee by the prosecution today, but expect the defense to tear into her for making much of her story up to save herself. #KelseyBerreth's body is still missingl, so how she comes across is crucial to both sides. @ABC
EIxlq5OUEAAMaut.jpg

6:52 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
ICYMI: Had to break up my recap Facebook live into two parts last night.

Part 1: https://www.facebook.com/SamKraemerTV/videos/580560082705779?vh=e&d=n&sfns=mo …

Part 2: https://www.facebook.com/SamKraemerTV/videos/486241015309936?vh=e&d=n&sfns=mo …

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
7:52 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Good morning, everyone. I'm back at the courthouse in Cripple Creek for another day of testimony in the #PatrickFrazee first-degree murder trial. He's accused of beating his fiancee, #KelseyBerreth, to death on Thanksgiving Day last year. @csgazette
EIx0TUpVAAYoVyi.jpg

7:56 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Shannon Brinias on Twitter
Standing by in the media line ready to get inside Teller Co Courthouse for the #PatrickFrazee trial. More testimony from Krystal Lee and then the critical cross-exam by defense atty. #kelseyberreth
7:57 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
As has been the case throughout this trial, I can't live-tweet, due to orders from the judge that have limited media coverage. But I'll provide updates when possible during breaks in the testimony.
#PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
7:58 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Morning Express with Robin Meade on Twitter
Patrick Frazee’s alleged mistress, Krystal Lee Kenney, took to the witness stand Wednesday for the first time in Frazee’s murder trial. Kenney testified that Frazee manipulated her into helping cover his fiancé’s murder.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 5: I’ll share updates as we can on breaks & lunch. Krystal Kenney retakes the stand this morning. Also look for a Facebook live around 8:30 p.m. (MT). @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
EIx5hEoUEAAmsKy.jpg

8:19 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Last edited:
NOV 7, 2019
Kenney to retake stand following revealing testimony
Krystal Kenney is set to retake the stand in Patrick Frazee's murder trial Thursday morning following a day of testimony that included her detailing how she helped clean up a gruesome crime scene inside Kelsey Berreth's home.

...On Thanksgiving Day 2018, she says Frazee was "rattled" when he called to tell her she had a mess to clean up. Today the defense is expected to question Kenney on her account and role in this case.

[...]

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Hello from Day 5 of #PatrickFrazee trial. We were supposed to start at 8:45 am, but we’re now told won’t start until 10:30. Unclear what is causing delay. Frazee hasn’t been brought in, and we haven’t seen the jury either. Here’s a recap of yesterday: Kelsey Berreth murder case: Mistress Krystal Lee Kenney takes stand in Patrick Frazee murder trial
9:46 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee trial hasn’t started today. It was supposed to start around 8:45. DA came in and said we would be on recess until 10:30. @KKTV11News
9:48 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
A quick update from this morning at the #PatrickFrazee trail: Proceedings have been delayed a bit this morning, though no reason has been announced. We've been told that court will begin at 10:30 a.m. Once I have more, I'll try to update. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
9:49 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
Krystal Lee is expected back on the stand this morning, testifying in the #KelseyBerreth murder trial. Yesterday, she talked about her years-long, on-again-off-again relationship with the defendant, Patrick Frazee & later, her role in helping cover up the alleged crime. @9News
10:01 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Denver7 News on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee trial update: Court has not yet started today in Teller County and is on recess until 10:30 a.m. We’ll have updates afterward. In the meantime, here’s what happened yesterday when Krystal Kenney took the stand.
Frazee trial: Kenney testifies, details murder cleanup
10:14 AM - 7 Nov 2019

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer TV
8 mins ·
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 5 LUNCHTIME NOTES:
• It’s been a weird day in court. We were supposed to start at 8:45, so the court could handle a private matter. We didn’t actually begin until 10:30. When we did, Judge Scott Sells said the delay was due to Patrick Frazee feeling sick this morning. He said Krystal Kenney didn’t feel well either. The delay allowed them to give Frazee some medicine and begin the day.

• Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman ran Kenney through photos of Kelsey Berreth’s townhome taking shortly after she was reported missing. Using a laser pointer, Kenney pointed out all the areas she saw blood, including how high it was on the walls. She noted which areas she cleaned, as well as those she didn’t, like the front of the fire place and back of the cedar chest she moved in front of it.

• After that, prosecutors played two body camera videos recorded on Dec. 21 — the day Frazee was arrested. They show Kenney leading CBI and FBI agents around the Frazee ranch. She points out every location that she says she saw him grab items for the fire from, like the wood pile, pile of tin roofing and more. Near the burn area (though we didn’t see the ground), she points out a separate yet identical black tote to the one Frazee used to store Berreth’s body. She also pointed out a faded red gas can, which she said she believes he used to pour gas on the tote and pallets. Both the identical tote and gas can were physically entered into evidence today.

• Krystal Kenney has been emotional again on the stand. She chokes up at times, cries at others. Frazee, meanwhile, shifts between looking down at the ground and at the video/photos projected on a screen.

• Judge Scott Sells also delivered a stern warning to a member of the public for violating the decorum order. The man was seen to be sketching witnesses, despite the denial of the use of a sketch artist for NBC News. At the judge’s order, Teller County Sheriff’s deputies ripped out several sketches from his notebook. The man said they were just part of his notes, but Sells disagreed, saying they jeopardize the integrity of the process. Sells took the sketches and told the man he could request them back at the end of the trial.

Note: This photo is from a previous hearing.

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney KOAA 5

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
Krystal Lee and Kelsey Berreth’s father cried heavily as a picture of Kelsey’s daughter was shown. Lee described the items she threw away behind the little girl to the jurors. #Frazeetrial @FOX21News
EIytzSLU0AA0V4g.jpg

12:08 PM - 7 Nov 2019

UPDATE: Krystal Lee, the prosecution's star witness in the #PatrickFrazee murder trial, continues describing in detail the bloody scene she found inside #KelseyBerreth's Woodland Park townhome. (She has also used the last name of Kenney.)
@csgazette

When asked by a prosecutor why Krystal Lee decided to talk to investigators a month after the killing, Lee said: "I couldn't have lived with what I'd done. And Kelsey's family deserves to know what happened."
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

Lee testified that Kaylee, the toddler daughter of #PatrickFrazee and #KelseyBerreth, was in a back storage room of Berreth's Woodland Park townhome, in a toddler's walker, when Berreth was beaten to death on Thanksgiving Day last year.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Sam Kraemer @SamKraemerTV
It’s been a rather strange day in court. We were supposed to start at 8:45, so the court could handle a private matter. We didn’t begin until 10:30. Judge said Frazee was feeling sick, as was Kenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Once we began, Kenney retook the stand. Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman led Kenney through photos of Berreth’s townhome. Kenney used a laser pointer to show every spot she saw blood & the places she cleaned. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:12 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She also pointed out things she didn’t clean, like the rock face to the fire place, the back of the cedar chest on wheels and on top of the fire place. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Ashley Franco on Twitter
We just broke for lunch. Court started late today. Judge said #PatrickFrazee and #KrystalLee both weren’t feeling well. 10:30 court started with Krystal on stand. @KKTV11News

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Also this morning, prosecutors showed a video of Krystal Lee walking investigators around #PatrickFrazee's Florissant property in late December, describing Frazee burning #KelseyBerreth's body.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers@JakobRodgers
Lee testified that Kaylee, the toddler daughter of #PatrickFrazee and #KelseyBerreth, was in a back storage room of Berreth's Woodland Park townhome, in a toddler's walker, when Berreth was beaten to death on Thanksgiving Day last year. @csgazette

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
After that, prosecutors played two body camera videos from Dec. 21. They show Kenney pointing police to every spot she says she saw Frazee grab things for the fire (wood, tin roofing), and where it was. Didn’t see the ground though. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:13 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
The prosecution walked Krystal through several pictures, maybe around 30 or so. From there they had Krystal explain the crime scene she saw when she walked in #KelseyBerreth condo. @KKTV11News
12:14 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She also points out different but identical black totes on the Frazee Ranch, as well as a gas can she thinks he used for the fire. The identical tote & gas can were entered as evidence and physically brought into court. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:15 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Krystal Lee also described in the video the items she took from #PatrickFrazee's house & burned in the fire, which included stuffed animals -- a large white horse among them -- as well as what she said may have been a Bible & children's building blocks. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She also points out different but identical black totes on the Frazee Ranch, as well as a gas can she thinks he used for the fire. The identical tote & gas can were entered as evidence and physically brought into court. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:15 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The judge also delivered a stern warning to a member of the public violating the decorum order. This man was sketching some of the witnesses. Judge already denied a sketch artist motion from NBC News. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:16 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
In one picture we saw #KrystalLee inside #KelseyBerreth condo. You see the living room floor ripped up and Krystal in the picture, showing investigators where she found a tooth. The tooth #PatrickFrazee allegedly told her to look for. @KKTV11News
12:17 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Judge Sells told him he doesn’t want anyone sketching anyone else in the courtroom. This was an intense moment. He said he could throw him in jail right now for six months on contempt of court. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:16 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
At the judge’s order, @SheriffTeller deputies went through his notebook and ripped out all the sketches. There were several. He said they were part of his notes. Judge kept them, said he can request them after trial. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:17 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Those are really the big points from this weird morning. Again, Kenney (through photos and body cam video) seems to know where everything is and/or where it happened. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:18 PM - 7 Nov 2019

The video today was hard to make out at times. In testimony on Wednesday, though, Lee recalled #PatrickFrazee putting the tote carrying #KelseyBerreth's body in a dry water trough on his Florissant property.
@csgazette
Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
The video today was hard to make out at times. In testimony on Wednesday, though, Lee recalled #PatrickFrazee putting the tote carrying #KelseyBerreth's body in a dry water trough on his Florissant property.
@csgazette
12:19 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Another thing we saw: prosecution showed body cam footage of #KrystalLee walking investigators around #PatrickFrazee property. She showed them several significant places. @KKTV11News
12:18 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
#KrystalLee showed them the burn area of where #PatrickFrazee allegedly burned #KelseyBerreth body inside a black tote box. Krystal said Patrick poured gas and motor oil in a trough with the black box inside and set it on fire. @KKTV11News
12:19 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Lee said #PatrickFrazee also added wood soaked in gasoline into the trough, and poured more gas on it. He then lit it with a match. At one point, the flames were as high as the nearby trees, Lee said, so Frazee covered the fire with what appeared to be metal roofing.
@csgazette
Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Proceedings in the #PatrickFrazee trial were delayed until 10:30 a.m. this morning, because Frazee was ill, according to 4th Judicial District Judge Scott Sells. Judge said he has "zero consideration he (Frazee) has been feigning any illness."@csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:22 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Also this morning, the prosecution's star witness, Krystal Lee, was "not feeling so great" either, the judge said.
#PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
12:22 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Clayton Sandell on Twitter - KK arriving at the courthouse

UPDATE on #PatrickFrazee murder trial: It's been a really weird day in court. Biggest, terrible takeaway: Frazee and Berreth's 1-year-old daughter was in house while her dad allegedly murdered her mom:
Kelsey Berreth murder case: 1-year-old daughter of Berreth present for gruesome killing, Patrick Frazee mistress says
12:27 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Kate Singh on Twitter
Today in court, Krystal Lee Kenney cried when prosecutors showed a picture of Kelsey Berreth’s young daughter, standing in front of items that Kenney said she found later, at the house, covered in blood. At this, Berreth’s father began to sob.
12:32 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Vicente Arenas on Twitter (Video)
Update: Krystal Lee resumes tearful emotional testimony in murder trial of former boyfriend Patrick Frazee in Teller County. Frazee is accused of killing his fiance #kelseyberreth@KDVR⁩ ⁦@channel2kwgn
12:33 PM - 7 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Court started almost two hours late because both Frazee and main witness/Frazee's mistress, Krystal Lee Kenney, were sick this morning. Then we had to pause court so judge court berate a man in the audience who was doodling pictures of witness.
12:28 PM - 7 Nov 2019

The man has been there every day of trial. Not sure who he is -- he's not accredited news media. Deputies ripped the drawings out of his notebook and judge threatened to charge him with contempt of court. Tensions are high.
12:30 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Krystal Lee Kenney has continued her testimony, walking jurors through how she cleaned dried blood from #KelseyBerreth 's apartment. We've seen lots of pictures of the apartment, post-cleaning and a video of Kenney showing investigators around Frazee ranch
12:32 PM - 7 Nov 2019

More details in story. I'm going to rapidly consume food before going back into court at 1 p.m.
12:33 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Kelsey Berreth murder case: 1-year-old daughter of Berreth present for gruesome killing, Patrick Frazee mistress says

Judge delays start of trial for two hours after murder defendant Patrick Frazee gets ill. His former mistress Krystal Lee not feeling well either. Frazee is accused of killing his former mistress #kelseyberreth@KDVR⁩ ⁦@channel2kwgn
12:40 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Judge offers to place trash around courtroom after graphic testimony from Krystal Lee the former mistress of Patrick Frazee. He’s accused of killing his fiancee #kelseyberreth @KDVR @channel2kwgn
1:03 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Last edited:
NOV 7, 2019
Kelsey Berreth murder case: Victim’s 1-year-old daughter present for gruesome killing, Patrick Frazee mistress testifies – Canon City Daily Record
Patrick Frazee‘s 1-year-old daughter was in the back bedroom of a Woodland Park condo while Frazee bludgeoned the girl’s mother and his former fiancée to death, a key witness in the high-profile murder case testified Thursday.

Prosecutors showed of photo of the little girl — with chubby cheeks and a happy smile — as the witness, Krystal Lee Kenney, said that Frazee told her that the child was in the house during the horrific killing of Kelsey Berreth.

Kenney lost her composure as she looked at the photo of Frazee and Berreth’s little girl, Kaylee. One of Berreth’s family members also started to sob as he looked at the photo of the happy child, grinning at the courtroom from the projected photo.

[...]

NOV 7, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: Video shows prosecution's star witness pointing to spot where Kelsey Berreth was allegedly burned
Prosecutors played a video Thursday morning of their star witness leading investigators to the exact spot where Patrick Frazee allegedly burned his fiancée's body in late November 2018.

[...]

Standing in a clear patch of Frazee's Florissant ranch, surrounded by pine trees, Lee described Frazee putting Berreth's body in a dry water trough and lighting it on fire. At one point, she said, flames were as high as the nearby trees, so Frazee covered the blaze with apparent metal roofing.

Prosecutors say they later found signs of accelerant there.

[...]

She testified that Kaylee, the toddler daughter of Frazee and Berreth, was in a toddler's walker in a back storage room of Berreth's home when her blindfolded mother was bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat.

[...]

Thursday's proceedings were delayed until 10:30 a.m. because Frazee was sick, according to 4th Judicial District Judge Scott Sells. He said he had "zero consideration" that Frazee was feigning an illness.

[...]

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
UPDATE: Krystal Lee, the prosecution's star witness, comes under agressive cross-examination by #PatrickFrazee's public defender.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth
3:11 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Public defender Adam Steigerwald repeatedly questions Lee about if she's aware she could be facing the rest of her life in prison, if she didn't cooperate with investigators and accept a plea deal with up to three years of prison time.
3:12 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Steigerwald also sought to poke holes in Lee's testimony that she left clues at #KelseyBerreth's house and on way back to Idaho. If she wanted to be discovered, he asked, why not contact police before the killing about #PatrickFrazee's previous murder requests? @csgazette
3:14 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Steigerwald reviewed Lee's testimony from Wednesday and earlier today.
"That's the story that you had to tell those agents to get your plea deal, is that right?" "I had to tell them the truth," Lee responded.
3:15 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Steigerwald also focused on the three times that #PatrickFrazee asked her to kill #KelseyBerreth, which Lee backed out of each time. One of those times, Lee drove from Idaho with a baseball bat in her car, which Frazee asked her to use to kill Berreth. @csgazette
3:17 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
"You drove 750 miles with a baseball bat; the purpose of that baseball bat was to to kill #KelseyBerreth?" Steigerwald asked. "It was at Patrick's request," Lee said. "No baseball bats in Teller County?" Steigerwald shot back. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee
3:18 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee was released from the stand, and will face no more questions today. (Lee also has gone by the last name of Kenney in the past). I'll update more after the next round of testimony. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
3:20 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Rick Sallinger on Twitter
Krystal Lee cross, redirect and jury questions complete. She leaves stand after stating she did not kill Kelsey Berreth , believes Patrick Frazee dd.
3:18 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Testimony has concluded for today from the #PatrickFrazee trial in Cripple Creek. Proceedings are expected to resume around 8:30 a.m. Friday. A story wrapping up today's developments will appear soon at http://gazette.com . @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
gazette.com

3:43 PM - 7 Nov 2019 pst

The two young men also testified that they helped #PatrickFrazee dispose of a metal trough that prosecutors say Frazee used to burn #KelseyBerreth's body. Frazee never told them anything other than wood and deer or elk antlers were burned in the fire. @csgazette

3:39 PM - 7 Nov 2019

UPDATE: Two young men, at least one of them a teenager, testify at the #PatrickFrazee trial that they unwittingly helped cover up a burn area at Frazee's ranch, where prosecutors say #KelseyBerreth's body was burned. @csgazette

3:38 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
We’ll have plenty to talk about tonight. Adam Stiegerwald was pointed in his cross-examination of Kenney, which lasted just over an hour. He emphasized she never told police until getting a plea deal. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

4:04 PM - 7 Nov 2019

He ran through the solicitation attempts, saying she could’ve faced first degree attempted murder charges for them, meaning she could’ve spent the rest of her life in prison. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

4:05 PM - 7 Nov 2019

He also hit often on the fact Kenney lied to everyone about this situation — her family, her friends, law enforcement. He asked why the jury should believe her 8 or so hours of testimony after months of lying. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

4:07 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
Day 5 of Patrick Frazee trial just wrapped up. Two ranch hands of Frazee also took the stand besides Frazee’s mistress Krystal Kenney. @FOX21News will have recaps tonight at 5, 9 and 10 with @danielaleontv We will also do a Facebook live breaking down what happened later tonight.
EIzwCvGUUAEwB8b.jpg

4:57 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
We’ll have plenty to talk about tonight. Adam Stiegerwald was pointed in his cross-examination of Kenney, which lasted just over an hour. He emphasized she never told police until getting a plea deal. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
5:04 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He ran through the solicitation attempts, saying she could’ve faced first degree attempted murder charges for them, meaning she could’ve spent the rest of her life in prison. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
5:05 PM - 7 Nov 2019

He also hit often on the fact Kenney lied to everyone about this situation — her family, her friends, law enforcement. He asked why the jury should believe her 8 or so hours of testimony after months of lying. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
5:07 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Update: Nervous Teenager testifies saying murder suspect hired him to unknowingly moving dirt near spot where #KelseyBerreth body was burned. Her fiance Patrick Frazee is charged in her murder last Thanksgiving 2018. ⁦@KDVR⁩ ⁦@channel2kwgn
5:30 PM - 7 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Last edited:
Defense points out Kenney never tried to warn Berreth or police

Nov 7, 2019

Krystal Kenney returned to the stand this morning after a delayed start. Judge Sells said both Patrick Frazee and Kenney were feeling ill this morning, so court began later than usual.

Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman brought up Kenney's plea bargain she made last December to start. Kenney told Viehman when investigators first came to her home on Dec. 17 last year, she wanted to cooperate but didn't provide a statement until Dec. 20.

She said she wanted to provide the statement because she couldn’t live with what she knew and she thought Kelsey Berreth's family deserved to know what happened.

[...]

Under questioning from the defense, Kenney is told she plead guilty to the lowest level of felony in Colorado, while not admitting guilt in cleaning up a crime scene, getting rid of belongings and destroying possible evidence. Kenney says she did not. The defense says any of those could have involved a sentence of 18 months in jail.

The attorney also mentioned there were no charges related to potentially bringing a poisoned coffee to Berreth, which he says could be considered attempted murder. Kenney did bring a coffee to Berreth that was not tainted with drugs.

[...]

Throughout a long rehash of all the things Kenney admits she's done and lies she's told, Steigerwald asks if she's said the truth at all in the 10 hours of testimony she's provided. Kenney replies, "yes." He says it’s what she needed to say to avoid prison. At this point Steigerwald ends his questioning.

On redirect by the prosecution, Jennifer Viehman asks Kenney if she knows that abandonment is a defense under Colorado law. This is in relation to three solicitation for murder attempts that Kenney says she ultimately backed out of.

Kenney confirms she only spoke to law enforcement during a visit to her home because she finally felt they would believe her and she felt safe from Frazee. She also says she never told anyone because she did not want anyone else to get entangled or in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg