Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller Co, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

^bbm

Probably not, because KK is not a nice woman.
She doesn’t deserve a stable life with her family.

I’d prefer jail, but she’s getting out. Dang it.

I would like to permanently ship her to the mini ‘ranch’ - aka the “Franch”.

jmo
Awesome thought! I couldn’t think of a better place for KK than the Franch with “mother” Frazee. Can you imagine those two locked up during Covid?? They’ll likely kill each other! Perfect solution :). JMHO

Tuesday, March 23rd:
*Re-Sentencing Hearing (via WebEx) (@ 9am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles way in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – for *Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) (32/now 34) charged (2/4/19) with tampering with physical evidence. Plead guilty. Sentenced to 3 years.
Court info from 2/19/19 thru 10/9/20 reference post #75 here:
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

11/10/20 Update: Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 1/7/21; Next Parole Hearing Date: Nov. 25, 2020. Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 7/7/22.
11/25/20 Update: Kenney was denied discretionary parole at a hearing Wednesday. She is eligible to go before the Parole Board again at this time next year during her annual parole application hearing. Kenney is currently at the Denver Women's Correctional Facility.
11/27/20 Update: Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 1/7/21; Next Parole Hearing Date: Nov. 2021. Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 7/7/22.
1/3/21 Update: Eligibility Date: 12/25/20; Next Parole Hearing Date: Nov, 2021; Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 6/25/22. 2/5/21: Est. Parole Eligibility Date: 12/25/20; Est. Mandatory Release Date: 06/01/22; Next Parole hearing date: Nov, 2021.
2/18/21 Update: Krystal Kenney’s three year sentence has been thrown out, because the district court “erroneously sentenced Kenney outside the presumptive maximum term.” Colorado appeals court on Thursday ordered a new sentencing for an Idaho woman imprisoned in connection with the murder of Kelsey Berreth. Kenney lost a bid for parole last year, and her attorney has argued that her sentence was too long. A three-judge panel of the Colorado Court of Appeals agreed, ordering the case to be returned to 4th Judicial District Court Judge Scott Sells for resentencing. Appeals Judge Neeti Pawar wrote the opinion. Judges David Richman & Lino Lipinsky concurred. So far she has served 13 months of that three-year term. The maximum, without the aggravating factors, is now 18 months. The ruling is likely to set her up for release on parole.
3/10/21: People's unopposed Motion to expedite issuance of the mandate (re early release). 3/11/21 Update: Re-sentencing hearing on 3/23/21 via WebEx.
*Patrick Michael Frazee –Trial: GUILTY on all counts. Sentenced to life without the possibility of parole plus 156 years, plus 5 years with parole for solicitation. Child: Termination of Parental Rights Hearing on 1/31/20. 1/6/20: Filed Notice for appeal on his sentence of life w/
o parole.

MAR 23, 2021
Idaho nurse in Kelsey Berreth murder gets max at resentencing | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com
[...]

"You could have warned her. You could have called law enforcement. You could have prevented the murder and done the right thing," Sells told Kenney at a virtual sentencing hearing. "But you did not."

[...]

"Your actions were not impulsive. They were not spur of the moment," Sells said. “You had hours and hours and hundreds of miles to do the right thing, and you never said a word until you were later confronted by law enforcement.”

[...]

MAR 23, 2021
Krystal Lee Kenney resentenced in Kelsey Berreth case | 9news.com
[...]

Judge Scott Sells, who imposed the original sentence, said he disagreed with the court of appeals ruling, though he would follow it. During Tuesday's hearing, he gave Kenney the maximum sentence possible.

“The court of appeals described the findings I made regarding your involvement when I imposed an aggravated sentence as ‘disconcerting,'" Sells said. “... I strongly disagree with their description of your involvement as ‘disconcerting.’ I find again, as I did at your original sentencing, that your actions were cold, calculating, cruel and devoid of any compassion of human life."

[...]

I'm recalling that the Court defers to the DOC calculator for details on an inmate's calendar/clock for time-served and any additional factors such as credit for good behavior, etc.

Given the above, I'm not surprised that the Judge did not provide any details on KK's release date.

I'm still interested in whether or not she has to remain in Colorado while on one year parole.

(There was a complete revision of the inmate docket system after the 2013 murder of Colorado's Prison Director by a recently released prison inmate. It was later determined the inmate was released prematurely).

MAR 23, 2021
Krystal Lee Kenney resentenced in Kelsey Berreth case | 9news.com
[...]

Judge Scott Sells, who imposed the original sentence, said he disagreed with the court of appeals ruling, though he would follow it. During Tuesday's hearing, he gave Kenney the maximum sentence possible.

“The court of appeals described the findings I made regarding your involvement when I imposed an aggravated sentence as ‘disconcerting,'" Sells said. “... I strongly disagree with their description of your involvement as ‘disconcerting.’ I find again, as I did at your original sentencing, that your actions were cold, calculating, cruel and devoid of any compassion of human life."

[...]

Cold, calculating, cruel, devoid of any compassion of human life, with a flip of her hair at the Sonic drive thru.

Devoid.

She's devoid.

I hate that she's going to be released. As a nurse, if not for Kelsey, she HAD A RESPONSIBILITY to protect and report the threats for the sake and safety of the baby. She claims she was afraid of Frazee. Right. She put that baby in harm's way. She perpetuated it. Because she wanted Frazee to love her. She helped him nearly get away with murder.

And now she's going to be free. I hope every time she tries to close her eyes, she sees what she's done, forever seared.

JMO

She's been released.

Jennifer Meckles
@jennifermeckles

Colorado Dept. of Corrections tells me Krystal Lee Kenney has been released from prison. Her new sentence, given today, was max 18 months plus 1 year parole. She served about 14 months (new sentence started on same date as original - Jan. 28 2020. From DOC this evening:

View attachment 289820

This is not right. Do not agree with it. Do not like it. Never will. :(

This is not at all in reference to your post, but to what happened today. :oops:

She's been released.

Jennifer Meckles
@jennifermeckles

Colorado Dept. of Corrections tells me Krystal Lee Kenney has been released from prison. Her new sentence, given today, was max 18 months plus 1 year parole. She served about 14 months (new sentence started on same date as original - Jan. 28 2020. From DOC this evening:

View attachment 289820
Well, just gross.
F
Out on parole.....I wonder where. Near a Sonic perhaps? Maybe she'll hit a Starbucks and take a pass by KBs house down memory lane on her way the h^ll out.
Just disgusting.

Disgusted by the news of KK's release, even though we knew it was coming. It's sickening to think of her free and living her life while poor Kelsey's remains are out there somewhere, probably never to be found and laid to rest.

Hope Karma follows this monster like stink on s h i t for the rest of her days.

Ashley Franco
#UPDATE Krystal Lee has been released on parole according to the DOC website. Our news partners at The Gazette spoke with DOC who tell them she was released after her resentencing yesterday. The Idaho nurse admitted to helping clean up a crime scene and disposing of evidence in the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

Attachments

• D0E618C3-0D1D-4823-9E61-206D6B9BA90B.jpeg
    D0E618C3-0D1D-4823-9E61-206D6B9BA90B.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 12
Ashley Franco
#UPDATE Krystal Lee has been released on parole according to the DOC website. Our news partners at The Gazette spoke with DOC who tell them she was released after her resentencing yesterday. The Idaho nurse admitted to helping clean up a crime scene and disposing of evidence in the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

Thanks @ous.

If Western Region Parole, I guess that means she's still in Colorado.

The Division of Adult Parole is responsible for supervising adult parolees who have been released to the community by the Parole Board. The division is organized into four state-wide regions (Denver, Northeast, Southeast, and Western) and operates 19 offices throughout the state.

The Colorado Parole Process | Denver Criminal Lawyer H. Michael Steinberg

Ashley Franco

Disgusting to say the least.
I wonder if she'll go visit Patrick in prison. Or his mother at the Franch.
Is she even safe being out? She has a lot of haters imo.
Will Patrick put another hit on her?
Is she allowed to see her children?
What about employment?
So many questions.

Ashley Franco

And bringing Kelsey a no -doubt -poisoned cup of coffee Kelsey wisely threw out.

Disgusting to say the least.
I wonder if she'll go visit Patrick in prison. Or his mother at the Franch.
Is she even safe being out? She has a lot of haters imo.
Will Patrick put another hit on her?
Is she allowed to see her children?
What about employment?
So many questions.
Her life may be even more miserable on the outside than it was in prison. In prison she was surrounded by peers she had something in common with. People will probably recognize her wherever she goes for a long time. She will have a hard time finding a job, or at least one that's satisfying. Maybe Sonic will hire her.

I doubt she will be visiting Frazee or his mother. Her ex husband might allow her to see her children, depending on the conditions of her parole. I assume she can't leave the state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back