CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts about the waste management trip yesterday. PF is really in a jam if you think about it. He may very well have cover up items off site he hid a few weeks ago, can't get to them because he knows that LE is watching him and he doesn't have his truck. His mom may not want him driving her car. If it's something incriminating he probably is in a bit of a panic. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he was trying to get rid of something incriminating and who ever with with him yesterday may have not had any idea what they were helping him with. It will be interesting to hear how all of that went down with his helpers yesterday. Can't wait to read the new "PF is cooperating" statement from his atty. IMO
I do wonder if he might have dumped anything in previous weeks, especially Nov. 22-25. The facility where he took the trash yesterday—do you have to make an on record appointment to dump there? Or do they at least record the names?

Last edited:
Like I posted on the previous thread, I believe that Aunt posted what she believed to be the truth. She later removed the posts both here and on FB. There could be a number of reasons for that, but the one that makes the most sense, IMHO, is exactly this. I also think the source of that information was PF. Because CB did not seem to be aware of any recent breakup and said that KB seemed 'normal' and was asking about a recipe.
Think about that initial communication between PF and CB, although we don’t know what was said, we can assume he had to offer up something more than ‘I haven’t seen her since the 22nd’. No doubt he said more and I think he likely told her of her ‘trip’ to see family.

You’re correct. I am mistaken that CB said this. It was the Aunt and I thought I had recalled the mother saying it also. I assume it was something CB said to the Aunt, but there is no proof of that.
I wonder how many times CB spoke to PF after the initial call when she discovered KB hadn’t been seen since the 22nd. If that were me, I’d be ringing his phone off the hook with question after question since he was the last to see her. I wonder if her other family members called him also.
It's my interpretation that PF was not readily taking calls from CB and/or KB's family as the point was made during the initial press conference that CB reached out to PF, and that he called her back, revealing for the first time that he had not seen KB since Thanksgiving.

Relative to the allegations publicly posted by Kelsey's Aunt that the couple had broken up on Thanksgiving, and KB traveling to Soap Lake, WA, it was never confirmed anywhere-- including here on WS by the VI, who the source was. However, since the most recent published account is that CB requested this break up allegation deleted, it's now irrelevant. I'm accepting the word of LE and CB as first hand source. Per CB request, there's no reason to perpetuate allegations. It's pretty obvious that the relationship has been challenging at best. MOO

Last edited:
Who in their right mind tells the father of their child on a holiday during the exchange of the child that the relationship is over? Then leaves the child with that person? I personally do not believe KB said anything about ending the relationship and then left Baby K with him.

Who in their right mind tells the father of their child on a holiday during the exchange of the child that the relationship is over? Then leaves the child with that person? I personally do not believe KB said anything about ending the relationship and then left Baby K with him.
I don’t believe she did either, but I do believe he may have said this- as part of his alibi storyline.

I wondered the same and thought maybe a cadaver dog hit there or something. I can't imagine anyone would be dumb enough to bury something so close to the house like that with all the surrounding area around there... But then again we've seen some of these people do some really stupid stuff so you never know.
Most criminals are not as smart as they would like to think. It doesn't matter how high or low their IQ.

I wonder if her family has tried reaching out to his family? Or vice versus? PF may be told not to talk, or maybe he doesn’t want to, but hopefully someone in his family will give them updates on the baby?
Given CB's report she had not seen her grandchild since arriving Woodland Park, together with PF ignoring requests to sit down with investigators, I assume PF and family are not extending any courtesy to CB. Her daughter KB has been missing for more than 3 weeks, and she must be devastated at their reaction. MOO

Last edited:
Right. If you tell someone it’s over, or vice versa, you don’t even leave your goldfish with that person.

Given that CB reports she had not seen her grandchild since arriving Woodland Park, together with PF ignoring requests to sit down with investigators, I assume PF and family are not extending any courtesy to CB. Her daughter KB has been missing for more than 3 weeks, and she must be devastated at their reaction. MOO
She handled it well on camera. She must be so confused and devastated. I can understand his reluctance to talk to the press, but to not talk to CB or LE is just evil on his part. How is she and Clint (brother) not in his face?

I think that was his excuse for her not being around or going to dinner on Thanksgiving... "she broke up with me". Would also explain why her mom wanted the comment deleted if she suspected it wasn't true. JMO

She handled it well on camera. She must be so confused and devastated. I can understand his reluctance to talk to the press, but to not talk to CB or LE is just evil on his part. How is she and Clint (brother) not in his face?
CB and family must be equally shattered for KB. In the off chance that KB is ever reunited with her family, I can't imagine her pain in knowing that PF made no effort to assist in locating her. She's the mother of his child for Pete's sake!

If he did, he wouldn't have been the first to take that risk. This couple drove over 1200 miles with a dead body.

NC woman convicted after trying to feed woman's body to alligators
Thanks, I was trying to think of a case where a perp drove a corpse more than 100 or so miles. Scott Peterson drove about 90 miles, Josh Powell went for a long drive the night that Susan disappeared. I don't follow a lot of cases, but my limited sleuthing experience tells me that 1) perps usually get rid of the body quickly, and 2) they don't usually take it hundreds of miles away.

IMO, their reservation to not be "in his face" has everything to do with him still having the baby. If he potentially was angry enough to harm Kelsey, then he could also harm the baby. I can't imagine the pain Kelsey's family is going through. :(

That's possible IMO and even likely but she would have had reason in the past to have been in the vehicle so any evidence could be argued. I want something completely inarguable so they nail the perpetrator.

I suspect they have something that leads them to believe her phone made it to the ranch on TG. Then it went silent until 11/25. In my estimation, given what's transpired since her last sighting at Safeway, it's enough to make him a viable suspect even though they are not naming him as such. In the absence of a body, it takes longer to build a case.

A guy who worked at the same firehouse as my dad took early retirement and bought a small farm...my dad and a few others at the station had teenager daughters, and when we started dating, the joke between all the firefighters was that if any boy messed with any of us, they would throw him on the "dead pile" at the farm. Obviously a joke, no boys were ever actually harmed by any of the firefighters, but the "dead pile" really did exist, it was where any animal who died on the farm ended up. I wonder if PF had something similar and that was why they were digging at his property?

But would you put your dead pile right outside your front door? Probably not if you have 35 acres. More likely it is the septic tank and gray water system. Which might have evidence if any clean up was done in the house - shower, sinks etc. Thats still a long shot though because I think it could be explained away with alternate stories. We'll see.

What is PF’s occupation? What are his hobbies? What all can listed about PF that is within TOS? I’m asking this in regard to awareness space. Thanks in advance.

Maybe just every day ordinary trash, maybe it was hidden somewhere off the property that was searched, and it contains clues.
But. once trash is thrown away it's game for LE to sift through.
Maybe he is just screwing with LE.

Perhaps they didn't find the items Kelsey bought at Safeway at her home and are looking for them at the ranch.

I did mention that in an earlier post too. Not sure that's what happened just there are so many possibilities.
I wonder if There is an incinerator somewhere else that is used for animal carcasses that a body could be lumped in with. Somewhere like the dump, only it's for Animal carcasses.
Ughhhhhh. The thought makes me shudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member