Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

inmyhumbleopinion and BRRI like this.
  2. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Domestic violence has absolutely nothing to do with the IQ of the abuser and more to do with their upbringing and how they were parented as children, especially by their mothers. CW at least did the right thing and admitted his guilt to killing SW and their son after he spoke to his father.

The overwhelming majority of abuse victims are women who didn't grow up in a dysfunctional household so they don't recognize the signs of toxicity. They believe the men they fall in love with will be as sincere, genuine and loving as her own dear old dad or brothers so they repeatedly give them second chances. And the abusers quickly grow resentful of her family's influence and especially blame the victim's mother. As a society, domestic abuse, whether it is physical or emotional or both, is a huge problem and it needs to be addressed.

3. jewelsmac

jewelsmac No one really knows why anyone does anything

I know that someone else said this first, but I am four hours into the mind numbing task of repetitive holiday baking and do not have the will to go back and find it and quote. So my apologies to first person who said this, but perhaps it’s just a simple as she met this guy online, thought he was Mr. wonderful, moves to Colorado. Then actually spent some time with the guy and thought “oh crap what was I thinking?”. And it all fell apart from there

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  4. haven71

haven71 Well-Known Member

That’s exactly my thought!!!

5. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

You must be one of the very few that’s not a monster-in-law. Congrats. :p Feel free to adopt my husband!

6. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Steelslady posted:

That's my friend's theory, but she is away from her computer for a bit, so she can't post her version. But it is very believable.

7. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

Hey hey hey. Sometimes boxes and suitcases are there when we are bored. And they call to us. :p:D

8. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I don't know, I think we're putting too much emphasis on his Mom. We don't know that she is responsible for the way that he is. She could really be a hard working lady who is just as blindsided as the rest of his family that he did this. She might have thought that they were close, and tried to help in her own way with the baby while he worked on the ranch.

I just hate to assume that she's done anything other than being a good mother herself to him. From what I can see, she didn't have any involvement in this. She may be defending him, because it is just way too hard for any mother to believe her son could do something so evil.

I could be wrong, and she could have helped him, who knows. Right now, though, there isn't anything discussing her in the media as having any part in Kelsey's murder. For all we know, he could have been the troublemaker between her and Kelsey, if they had any problems in their relationship. He could have told his mother that Kelsey hated her and vice a versa. He, too me, uses women then dumps them when he's bored and finds a new one.

9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I'm guessing they didn't use the gel with him anyway, but I've seen it mentioned so here's my experience.

A few months ago we had an almost wild mare get a pencil sized stick stuck in her head just above her eye. I'm generally a fan of letting them work it out themselves but it was there for about two weeks and with the proximity to the brain and eye, I figured we had to do something.

I called the vet and they gave us some gel to give her to see if that would be enough to allow us to get close enough to pull it quickly. She's an Arabian and we gave her the full dose. It had zero effect on her. I knew there was no way my daughter could handle having the vet choke her out so I went back to my original hope that as it healed, it would push it's way out or itch and she would pull it out.

That did happen and it was almost totally healed when it came out. Zero blood. However I was definitely surprised that the gel they use to sedate large horses had zero effect on such a tiny one.

10. jewelsmac

jewelsmac No one really knows why anyone does anything

That IS dedication to science… And stuff

11. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

I tend to agree that something simple is most likely right. And if dogs were with LE at their first search, I tend to think she must have been moved out very quickly if she died there. Or maybe she was knocked unconscious but still alive when he took her out, so the dogs didn’t pick up on anything.

Juledrops, LAHOLLA and cody22 like this.
  12. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

The term "solicitation" usually implies money was somehow involved and I seriously doubt PF was the source of the money. JMO

MCDRAW, LAHOLLA, Seenit and 1 other person like this.
  13. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.