CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness though CW was dumb. So, so dumb. I would think most people would intrinsically be smarter than he was. Though I guess you never know how dumb they will be.
Domestic violence has absolutely nothing to do with the IQ of the abuser and more to do with their upbringing and how they were parented as children, especially by their mothers. CW at least did the right thing and admitted his guilt to killing SW and their son after he spoke to his father.

The overwhelming majority of abuse victims are women who didn't grow up in a dysfunctional household so they don't recognize the signs of toxicity. They believe the men they fall in love with will be as sincere, genuine and loving as her own dear old dad or brothers so they repeatedly give them second chances. And the abusers quickly grow resentful of her family's influence and especially blame the victim's mother. As a society, domestic abuse, whether it is physical or emotional or both, is a huge problem and it needs to be addressed.

I know that someone else said this first, but I am four hours into the mind numbing task of repetitive holiday baking and do not have the will to go back and find it and quote. So my apologies to first person who said this, but perhaps it’s just a simple as she met this guy online, thought he was Mr. wonderful, moves to Colorado. Then actually spent some time with the guy and thought “oh crap what was I thinking?”. And it all fell apart from there

Last edited:
My son and his girlfriend lived here a year and a half before they h ok t their own place.
I'm not divorced though, I have never depended on my child to help me get by.
That's perhaps the difference.
Learned helplessness or not letting the last son leave the nest because of dome co- dependent stuff?
I don't know.
**** and I'm not saying that is what went on with the mom either!!!
Just thinking of possiblities.
Moo

You must be one of the very few that’s not a monster-in-law. Congrats. :p Feel free to adopt my husband!

Steelslady posted:
Stupid question, but could he have used a horse trailer to transport her body to Idaho somewhere? No one would even think anything of seeing someone driving down any country roads with a horse trailer.

Possibly told his mother he was helping out a friend to transport a horse?

That's my friend's theory, but she is away from her computer for a bit, so she can't post her version. But it is very believable.

I don't know, I think we're putting too much emphasis on his Mom. We don't know that she is responsible for the way that he is. She could really be a hard working lady who is just as blindsided as the rest of his family that he did this. She might have thought that they were close, and tried to help in her own way with the baby while he worked on the ranch.

I just hate to assume that she's done anything other than being a good mother herself to him. From what I can see, she didn't have any involvement in this. She may be defending him, because it is just way too hard for any mother to believe her son could do something so evil.

I could be wrong, and she could have helped him, who knows. Right now, though, there isn't anything discussing her in the media as having any part in Kelsey's murder. For all we know, he could have been the troublemaker between her and Kelsey, if they had any problems in their relationship. He could have told his mother that Kelsey hated her and vice a versa. He, too me, uses women then dumps them when he's bored and finds a new one.

After shoeing our pony, Dude, the farrier always lunged him to make sure he wasn’t stepping funny. This would have been impossible if Dude had even a mild sedative. He had to have a rectal biopsy once and even with a mild sedative which didn’t make him fall asleep, he had to be physically supported to stand upright and couldn’t walk for a few hours because he was so loopy.

I'm guessing they didn't use the gel with him anyway, but I've seen it mentioned so here's my experience.

A few months ago we had an almost wild mare get a pencil sized stick stuck in her head just above her eye. I'm generally a fan of letting them work it out themselves but it was there for about two weeks and with the proximity to the brain and eye, I figured we had to do something.

I called the vet and they gave us some gel to give her to see if that would be enough to allow us to get close enough to pull it quickly. She's an Arabian and we gave her the full dose. It had zero effect on her. I knew there was no way my daughter could handle having the vet choke her out so I went back to my original hope that as it healed, it would push it's way out or itch and she would pull it out.

That did happen and it was almost totally healed when it came out. Zero blood. However I was definitely surprised that the gel they use to sedate large horses had zero effect on such a tiny one.

I just think he did it himself.
Float this (maybe someone has already posted this)
KB baked those rolls for PF. Got a recipe from her mom in the morning. Went to Safeway to get the things she needed to prepare dinner for the "family". PF gets to KB's they talk, KB puts the baby down for a nap. He does the deed. He's got a suitcase in the back of the pick-up under a tarp. Get's the suitcase, packs her in, wheels her out and puts the suitcase in the back and puts the tarp over it. Starts his cleaning job. Baby wakes up, most of the mess is already wiped up and in bags. If he's not quite done, he corrals the baby with some toys and keeps on cleaning. Cinnamon rolls remain on the stove. Finishes the cleaning, takes the baby to the truck runs back quickly for the trash and "Bob's your uncle" as a good friend used to say. Takes her to the ranch. Maybe that's why the dogs picked up a scent there. Leaves baby with mom, tells her he's going for a few beer, gets rid of her.
I could go on, but you get my drift :) It's just a theory like all the others. However, in this one, I have KB closer to home.
edit for spelling

I tend to agree that something simple is most likely right. And if dogs were with LE at their first search, I tend to think she must have been moved out very quickly if she died there. Or maybe she was knocked unconscious but still alive when he took her out, so the dogs didn’t pick up on anything.

I don't know, I think we're putting too much emphasis on his Mom. We don't know that she is responsible for the way that he is. She could really be a hard working lady who is just as blindsided as the rest of his family that he did this. She might have thought that they were close, and tried to help in her own way with the baby while he worked on the ranch.

I just hate to assume that she's done anything other than being a good mother herself to him. From what I can see, she didn't have any involvement in this. She may be defending him, because it is just way too hard for any mother to believe her son could do something so evil.

I could be wrong, and she could have helped him, who knows. Right now, though, there isn't anything discussing her in the media as having any part in Kelsey's murder. For all we know, he could have been the troublemaker between her and Kelsey, if they had any problems in their relationship. He could have told his mother that Kelsey hated her and vice a versa. He, too me, uses women then dumps them when he's bored and finds a new one.

The term "solicitation" usually implies money was somehow involved and I seriously doubt PF was the source of the money. JMO

images

link for graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads