CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t agree more. The fiancé is hinky as all get out, but I’m not sure it’s not an intentional distraction by LE. I just can’t imagine that if they really thought he had something to do with this they wouldn’t find a WAY to get that child out of his custody. Maybe I’m naive.

Co worker comes by, can you help with this issue real quick? She grabs her purse and heads out the door never to be seen again.

AND the part that gets me about the fiancé; if he’s sending these text to buy time, WHY not text the mother? He knows she will be the first one looking. Seems like a stupid mistake in an otherwise complicated “coverup”, if that’s what it was.
LE can't do anything about the custody situation without real evidence the child is endangered. JMO

Yes, the fiancé’s car. I guess hers aren’t out of the question either since there was a significant amount of time before anyone knew that something was wrong.

* oops, I meant to reply to whoever asked whar the toll booth cameras would find.

The most important thing is to find Kelsey. The second most important thing is to find people who saw Kelsey. If LE has phone pings they are not releasing to the public in order to find eye witnesses there would be hell to pay.
Do we know her mom texts with Kelsey? Maybe her mom communicates with phone calls, not texts.

jmo
good point. my mom doesn't have a cell phone so, god forbid if something happened to me, when it comes to texts, she wouldn't be able to help.

Her mother said at the press conference "Kelsey loves her God" and one of the journalists misheard it as "dog".]

Her mother was listing people etc that she loves to imply she wouldn’t run away from them. Dog makes more sense to me than God in that context but ok.

JMO but this thread could really use a VI...

I'm not sure where the fiance's house is located or I'd look myself, but what is the location of her home in woodland park compared to her job in pueblo & her fiance's home? Is it possible her house was between his home & work?
Where he lives is approximately, 15 miles west of Kelsey's house. Kelsey's job is 70 miles south east of her house.

A Verizon spokesperson said that the ping would be accurate within one mile.

New information released on case of missing mother whose phone was last pinged in Idaho

Hmmmm...... See, when they describe it like that...

["The same day officers conducted the welfare check, Berreth’s cell phone was pinged near Gooding at 5:13 p.m – over 800 miles from her home in Colorado. Steve Van Dinter, a Verizon spokesman, tells EastIdahoNews.com that the ping would be accurate within a mile of the location coordinates."]

It reminds me more of when you use a "find my iPhone" feature on Apple phones. Or like when I used to track my middle school daughter's whereabouts by using this feature.

BUT ALSO, this is very confusing because I thought that KB's mother called police on 12/2, they did the welfare check on 12/2......but didn't the phone ping last on 11/25??? Or did they send out a location request on 12/2 and that's when police (or PF or mom) discovered her phone was in Gooding?

Gosh, I'm confused. I'm going to have to assume this article is wrong.

I think it is a very good development that KB's mom has sat down for an interview. I wish they would have shown more. Surely they are not going to tease us with very small clips.....

I think it is also good that CB had very nice things to say about PF and the relationship between PF and KB. I'm no body language expert, but her comments didn't seem forced or scripted.
I know! I wish we could see the extended clip. There always seems to be so much more info or offhand comments that are helpful to see.

Is there evidence that she doesn’t have a dog? She has dog “things” on her Pinterest.

Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about the relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé

In my opinion, this explains the house KB bought, which would be considered a great little house in CA, especially for a family with a young child or even young children. It is big enough, but not that big...however, it does allude to financial concerns. KB's mom seems optimistic about the relationship, which makes this strange disappearance even sadder.

I know when my kids were toddlers, I would never leave them overnight....this is so sad and odd.

That is an interesting statement from her mom. She made it sound like Kelsey and her fiance had not been able to find a house to buy due to the inflated housing market. I can understand that. But we know Kelsey bought a house on her own in May. Seven months is plenty of time to move in together or get married if they were in a serious relationship. Her mom also mentions something about PF having cattle and the prices dropping so "money wasn't available as soon as they hoped" -- Money for what? A big wedding? Don't the bride's parents usually pay for the wedding? Or is it different in Seventh Day Adventist culture? I have a feeling someone has been selling a story to someone else. I'm not sure if it was PF stringing Kelsey along and saying for 2 years that they would get married as soon as they had more money OR if Kelsey was telling her family that the relationship was "good except they needed more money." But someone has bought and sold a bill of goods that stinks. There is something off about what has been presented. MOO.

I missed that, do you have a link to what the family said?
Not to quote myself but.... this is a copy and paste of what the family/family friends have posted on the sanctioned Facebook page. Take from it what you will. These are their answers:

A few official admin comments from the Missing Mother FB Page:

Admin Comments on their December 6 post
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth We are not aware of any dating sites at this time. if she was traveling home to Washington, she could have driven through Idaho. Law enforcement in Idaho is working with the Woodland Park Police Department where she is living.

A person asked: There is a residential treatment center there for drug and alcohol rehab. Is there a possbility she checked in there? (Not saying she has a problem, just a possibility)
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Barbara Porter no chance.

Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Kelsey has no medical issues.

Someone asked if she was depressed, under any medication or new medications, in order to take other steps and have an EMA issued as soon as possible.
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth None of the above.

Also an interesting comment on a December 9 admin post by an anchor from KRDO/News Channel 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa