CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that they met online. That has been widely published. This odd obsession that he has some sort of abnormal thing about his mother is a bit over the top.

She moved to Colorado because s
MG, THANK YOU for saying that! I am so happy to hear that I'm not the only person who feels that way about that case! I usually am pretty good at sizing situations up, but that one has me pretty bumfuzzled. Hoping LE knows a WHOLE lot more than they're saying in that one!!!!!

he was in love. She found her own place to live, got a job, and when she discovered that she was pregnant, she had the child and bought a home. PF's mother, by all accounts, has done nothing more than assist PF

<
ITA.

- no body
- a consumptive DNA test
- two competing theories of murder
- had to enter KB townhome 3 separate times
- delaying tactics, eg, won't unseal probable cause AW

I smell Swiss cheese.

With t
I think you can add "uneventful search of PF property" to that list

What you are seeing is LE's use of informants that were directly involved in the murder and cover-up of a murder. A first degree murder arrest in one month is a job well done.

Acreages and hobby farms do have burning barrels and incinerators. Teeth sometimes survive the high heat.
Yes, but unless you have an incinerator like Dellen Millard, you will not accomplish that. Besides, in an open burn barrel his mother would not have been able to ignore the hideous stench for hours.

Acreages and hobby farms do have burning barrels and incinerators. Teeth sometimes survive the high heat.
Yes, but unless you have an incinerator like Dellen Millard, you will not accomplish that. Besides, in an open burn barrel his mother would not have been able to ignore the hideous stench for hours. I doubt LE would have missed an incinerator. Could he get a local farmer to burn her body for him? I doubt it. Maybe he borrowed one? Unlikely.

Happy New Year sleuthers!

I can’t stop thinking about the murder of Kelsey - I’ve also been comparing PF to other male murderers who committed the additional evil act of killing the children. I wonder what prompted him to kill Kelsey and save the baby? It’s hard to fathom what kind of life PF thought he would have without Kelsey, but still a father to little K - understanding the mind of such an evil person is impossible for me. Did he keep little K to spite Kelsey? It’s all so bizarre that I hope we do get answers some day down the road. In the meantime, I’m so happy that little K is still here for Kelsey’s family.

I’m fairly certain there would have been no need to tear apart cupboards and Sheetrock had there not been forensic evidence visible in some way to LE. They specifically named the condo as the location of her death so they have SOMETHING in that pile of evidence even without the special wet method they’re getting ready to do. Between that and the people they’re protecting from the public.....I’m fairly certain they would not need a body to get a conviction. But for the family’s sake I hope they are able to bring her home.

Oh, I already know if I tried to wheel a body out of a house, every stray dog in the county would rush me. I am not kidding. If I had a body in my car trunk, I’d get rear ended the first time braked & the trunk would spring open.
I thought about how did he remove her but I guess in the dark it was easier.
When his truck was spotted there, he was parked sideways, iirc. Wonder if that’s normally how he parked? That was daylight hours. Idk if there is ample space for him to pull in straight behind her vehicle, or not. Or, was he blocking the drive intentionally so no one else could pull

We should not forget that indicators look like PF did not carry this out by himself so while a neighbor may have just identified his truck; it looks verily likely that a direct witness was present.

tt, if you think this one is dumbfounding, you should go have a look at the WS forum on the recent Closs murders/disappearance (parents murdered, 13-year old missing). Now, that one truly is a riddle wrapped up in an enigma.
At the very least- they are looking for Kelsey. They found the perp and evidence of her murder. They haven't stopped searching for Kelsey since they realized that she didn't leave on her own- that takes time to establish, especially with an adult going missing.

With Jayme, they're sitting on their hands, waiting for that "one tip". This is a child missing- the lack of urgency to look for her is astounding. By now, if this was my family member, I'd be contacting Tim Miller and his group, or David Marshburn and his assistant Marsha, for help. I couldn't agree with you more about it being a riddle wrapped up in an enigma.

Why didn't he burn his trash instead of taking it to the dump?
I have a farm and a burn barrel. the only things I use the burn barrel for are small-medium size tree limbs and to burn old bills
and financial records. The rest of my trash and recycle stuff is
put out on the road for pickup by the county.

Consumptive evidence?

What do you think it is? I’m interested to hear everyone’s guess.

I’m torn between a droplet of fluid/stain found on a floor or wall OR a cloth or towel used in clean up. I’m leaning more towards a most minute stain (saliva, vomit, blood splatter) that was missed during a “potential” wipe down.

Yes, I think the consumptive evidence could possibly be a perp's DNA. They have enough evidence to believe she's dead, so I don't think it's hers. He could have cut himself or maybe it is semen. As for the robbery and some people saying maybe her engagement ring, maybe a ring was supposed to be part of the payoff. He could have told KB to get a large sum of cash so they could take a trip to see her family, and the robbery was payoff for committing the murder. I also thought LE might have found towels that match hers at WM, maybe washed or bleached, but used in the cleanup. Of course, he might have washed and dried towels, sheets, etc. at her house, if they found body fluids on the mattress. They could have found evidence on the washer itself. The problem if it is PF's semen is that he will say they had consensual sex and it could be true.

I have thought from the beginning that he picked up the baby and took her to his mom's before he did anything else. JMO.

Exactly. If it wasn't premeditated, but was merely the theft of phone during a kidnapping where she accidentally died, then it is also first degree murder.

If there is proof that he had something to do with her phone being in Idaho, then he is at least guilty of theft. At the same time that the phone was stolen she died, perhaps accidentally, and therefore still guilty of first degree murder.

There was apparently enough evidence to declare her deceased from the home which does not speak of an accident (homicidal evidence by one FBI agent) LE has evidence of multiple solicitations for murder not kidnapping. This is a perfect example of premeditated murder.

Yes, I think the consumptive evidence could possibly be a perp's DNA. They have enough evidence to believe she's dead, so I don't think it's hers. He could have cut himself or maybe it is semen. As for the robbery and some people saying maybe her engagement ring, maybe a ring was supposed to be part of the payoff. He could have told KB to get a large sum of cash so they could take a trip to see her family, and the robbery was payoff for committing the murder. I also thought LE might have found towels that match hers at WM, maybe washed or bleached, but used in the cleanup. Of course, he might have washed and dried towels, sheets, etc. at her house, if they found body fluids on the mattress. They could have found evidence on the washer itself. The problem if it is PF's semen is that he will say they had consensual sex and it could be true.

I have thought from the beginning that he picked up the baby and took her to his mom's before he did anything else. JMO.
I've wondered if they took SF's washing machine to examine
it for blood, etc. And where are the clothes, shoes he wore
that fateful day?

Could it be deals are being worked out to determine what, if any, charges they might face?

Maybe, but I think two things point to his having done the killing alone:
(1) Solicitation instead of conspiracy charges
(2) The crime scene cleanup and missing victim.
Those two points lead to the third which is he botched it up and now they have evidence against him. I hope it is enough.

Really? Even if you know your friend is going to kill someone, and you say nothing, and it happens. Legally you did not have to tell anyone? How very depressing
I would like to believe moral obligation would weigh far heavier than legal obligation anyways in a situation like that. Sadly, we know that oftentimes neither are enough.

Maybe he didn't want to go to court to fight for custody and didn't want to pay child support.

Either because he's a control freak/bully or he couldn't afford it. Maybe he wanted to teach her a "lesson".

When I watch true crime docs and Forensic Files I'm always boggled at the people who think its easier to murder than get a divorce -- and they actually think they can get AWAY with killing. Divorce is rough but its the only decent, moral thing to do. So many MORE lives are ruined through murder than divorce.
smh

MOO
ITA.

Did the police ever tell Nichol Kessinger not to talk to anyone?
She managed to stay anonymous during the entire investigation so I assume so. The only person she spoke to was her dad. She wouldn't even give her best friend any details.
There is no doubt that local people are talking about this crime, but they have managed to avoid the media, only a few people have been interviewed, and haven't said much.
LE has likely interviewed many witnesses, and advised them not to talk to the media during the investigation. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea