CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #23 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. It is hardly compensation. This family seems very business minded to me, just from how they set up the mortgage for their daughter.
It's not that simple. There may be several reasons. They may be trying to ensure their granddaughter is financially secure in the future. Imo

Surely the decision to file was made by their attorney. There’s got to be a reason.

Now that she has been named in MSM can we share any sleuthing? I found something potentially interesting. 2 points have been made in the news- 1. They worked with each other and 2. They met at a rodeo.

I deleted

Last edited:
Haaa- maybe high school yearbook!
:p
Maybe when LE first said the phone "ended up" in Twin Falls? But we didn't know who she was then. She may have gone to LE and that's how they found out where the phone was. We still don't know if it was recovered or recoverable. MOO.
I think they found her from his cell data and she was served with one of those warrants on 12/15. MOO
Now that she has been named in MSM can we share any sleuthing?
No. She hasn't been named by LE as a POI or suspect. We can discuss what is reported in MSM and must not use her full name.
MOO

IMO, it makes it look like they want money more than justice.
I completely disagree. You do understand there is a minor child to consider, and PF is innocent until proven guilty and therefore free to do many things that could jeopardize the financial security of his child. This suit is considered protocol in these circumstances.

MOO

Oh my, this is cray cray. Reporters are fighting, WS members are fighting, I hear FB closed group admins are fighting and bad mouthing each other. I think that due to very little information being out there, people are hanging onto any nugget of rumor and blowing things up. For me, I will rely on information from LE. We have NO idea what involvement this other woman has in this case and everyone is really going after her. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon until there are actual facts that come out from a trusted source, and we don't even know who in MSM that is right now. IMO. Nighty night :)

Now that she has been named in MSM can we share any sleuthing? I found something potentially interesting. 2 points have been made in the news- 1. They worked with each other and 2. They met at a rodeo.

Those points are in links posted previously.

I think it's just bad wording on Sam's part and he's simply saying that KC didn't confirm the FBI investigation. That was the high school friend...

"@KelseySouto confirms her station’s source for the FBI investigation of an Idaho woman is separate from KC."
That's how I took it. And that he followed up and said that Kelsey Souto also confirmed that KC wasn't the family friend who was sourced in the story. JMO.

I am interested to hear from the attorney's here. Does filing the lawsuit immediately prevent PF from selling assets to be used to assist in his defense? Or even transferring assets to family members? IMO they need a judgement first before they can prevent him from doing that, but is it possible to get a quick interim judgement preventing him from liquidating or otherwise disposing of any assets. I don't know what assets he would have, except cattle and his horses maybe?

Has anyone found this lawsuit in court records or seen it reported anywhere else? I have not and I'm wondering if this is also bad reporting. This would be very big news, right? I can't find a single thing. o_O:oops:

Parents Of Missing Woman Kelsey Berreth File Wrongful Death Lawsuit

Last edited:
She asked them to post a better picture? LOL I think the picture they did have was an older picture of her.
Yeah. Filters and make up can do wonders. The other pic was more natural and more consistent with the other everyday pictures that have been circulating of her. Lol. Maybe she did her glamour shots after all. MOO Kidding.

A few things in response to comments made about the civil case:

Rules of evidence are generally the same in criminal and civil court. I'm not familiar with Colorado state rules, but it looks like the Rules 101 and 1101 of the Colorado Rules of Evidence confirm they apply in both civil and criminal cases.

Of course, as most know, the burden of proof is different. Beyond a reasonable doubt in criminal and typically just preponderance of evidence in civil cases.

Assets are not frozen upon the filing of a civil case. I'm not sure what the standards are in Colorado, but it is typically a very high bar to get a court to freeze assets before a judgment in a civil case. You'd more likely be able to get an asset frozen when the civil dispute is over the ownership rights to a specific asset and the availability or value of that asset could be wasted/destroyed before judgment.

I'm not sure what the law is in Colorado on this, but it's possible the parents would not have standing to bring a wrongful death suit because there is a surviving child. Maybe they are trying to bring the suit on behalf of the child, but given the open custody issues (I don't know where things stand on custody, etc.), I'm not sure they'd be able to do that.

There is of course discovery in a civil suit, but PF would still have the ability to assert the 5th amendment at a deposition or at trial. The problem with that, however, is that the fact-finder (judge/jury) can take that into consideration and make adverse inferences.

Last edited:
Has anyone found this lawsuit in court records or seen it reported anywhere else? I have not and I'm wondering if this could also be bad reporting. This would be very big news, right? I can't find a single thing. o_O:oops:

Parents Of Missing Woman Kelsey Berreth File Wrongful Death Lawsuit

There’s a lot of bad reporting in this country. Seems they copy one another. Are there good ones anymore? Anything original? Fact checking? They are doing a great job of one thing: keeping the public confused. Maybe that’s all they learned in school. JMO.

JMO
The B family has been a class act from the very beginning and I think they are getting very good advice from their attorneys at this point.

This all started at the very beginning and the initial volleys began from PF when he did not even report KB missing. That information had to be dug out of him by KB's mother.

Then PF did not even search for her or put up missing posters or show any concern whatsoever.

Then not letting KB mom see the baby.

Then the next big volley from PF's side was custody filings from his side after he was arrested for murder of KB.

Frankly, KB's family has been nothing but a class act in all this and I doubt I would be able to contain myself for the things that have happened. A wrongful death suit is the least that could be done at this point. Wish there was more that could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member