CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #26 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no reason for Kelsey’s body to hav traveled in a completely opposite direction, all that matters is that she can’t be found. What difference does it make where her body is?

Replying to the pasted quote above.

Sorry, but I still feel that the location of her body might have been important to the murderer(s).

They were surely smart enough to know that the cell phone tracking in Idaho would lead to an investigation there — otherwise why bother taking it that far away.

Taking any remains in an entirely different direction would make detection more difficult (or random).

I think they were clueless enough to think that no body equals no case.
It’s hard to believe the body would just be left where people walking would just stumble upon it, no matter which direction they disposed of it. I too am thinking they were banking on no body, no crime. They either destroyed the body or hid it extremely well imo.

It seems obvious that PF wanted LE to believe KB left with someone else, so I think her vehicles left were not a mistake but a decision. He had tried to set her up to be robbed and killed, but I don't think anyone bit. He had been planning this for months and had probably realized he would have to do it himself. How could he point to someone else? He couldn't make it look like robbery if he did the murder, it would be too obvious when LE started investigating. How can he make it look like she left with someone? Leave her vehicles there and give them her phone. Maybe KK was with him when he picked up baby K. She stays in the truck, he brings the baby to her. Maybe KB knew her and KK was supposed to watch the baby while they went out to dinner. KB may have trusted this old friend of PF's who was also a mom and had small children. Maybe kills KB then or comes back later to kill her. Takes her phone, maybe makes her write the texts. KK is unaware of what has happened, but knows whatever PF has told her about the relationship. When PF picks up baby K from KK, he tells her he and KB broke up. When KK starts back home, he says KB left her phone in his truck the night before. and asks KK tp take KB's phone and destroy it. Maybe he says something like, "She has information about me on the phone that I don't want her to have (could be pics, personal info like SS number, banking information, etc.)." Being his long-time friend, she believes whatever he says about KB and the relationship. Then he tells CB that KB is headed off with a friend to see her family, that she's going to stay with the friend for a few days because she broke up with him. Pure conjecture, but I'm trying to figure out what his plan was. MOO. MOO. MOO.

It seems obvious that PF wanted LE to believe KB left with someone else, so I think her vehicles left were not a mistake but a decision. He had tried to set her up to be robbed and killed, but I don't think anyone bit. He had been planning this for months and had probably realized he would have to do it himself. How could he point to someone else? He couldn't make it look like robbery if he did the murder, it would be too obvious when LE started investigating. How can he make it look like she left with someone? Leave her vehicles there and give them her phone. Maybe KK was with him when he picked up baby K. She stays in the truck, he brings the baby to her. Maybe KB knew her and KK was supposed to watch the baby while they went out to dinner. KB may have trusted this old friend of PF's who was also a mom and had small children. Maybe kills KB then or comes back later to kill her. Takes her phone, maybe makes her write the texts. KK is unaware of what has happened, but knows whatever PF has told her about the relationship. When PF picks up baby K from KK, he tells her he and KB broke up. When KK starts back home, he says KB left her phone in his truck the night before. and asks KK tp take KB's phone and destroy it. Maybe he says something like, "She has information about me on the phone that I don't want her to have (could be pics, personal info like SS number, banking information, etc.)." Being his long-time friend, she believes whatever he says about KB and the relationship. Then he tells CB that KB is headed off with a friend to see her family, that she's going to stay with the friend for a few days because she broke up with him. Pure conjecture, but I'm trying to figure out what his plan was. MOO. MOO. MOO.

The problem there is getting KK to believe KB not only broke up with PF, but gave him Baby K for an indefinite time period while she wandered off.

I think a mother of 2 small children would have a hard time believing that was really the case. And if so, wouldn't KK have had a discussion with PF's mother about this?

The problem there is getting KK to believe KB not only broke up with PF, but gave him Baby K for an indefinite time period while she wandered off.

I think a mother of 2 small children would have a hard time believing that was really the case. And if so, wouldn't KK have had a discussion with PF's mother about this?

PF had a history of telling people KB would disappear and others in his circle thought he was the primary caregiver.

I wonder how long PF told people those things about KB? Has it been since little K’s birth or more recently to set the stage for her murder.

I am thinking now that Occam's razor principle works, and sadly, KK probably sent these texts, herself.

BTW, impersonating someone using their IM, or social media or fake emails - isn't it a federal crime? Cybercrime is the word.

KK might have been afraid of PF when in CO (for many reasons) and hence even scared to go to the police, definitely in CO but maybe also in ID, but she should have driven to FBI in Utah with that cell phone and reported whatever she knew. Immediately.

(This - is her only fault was tampering with the cell phone).

Cybercrime definition:

"Offences that are committed against individuals or groups of individuals with a criminal motive to intentionally harm the reputation of the victim or cause physical or mental harm, or loss, to the victim directly or indirectly, using modern telecommunication networks such as Internet (networks including but not limited to Chat rooms, emails, notice boards and groups) and mobile phones (Bluetooth/SMS/MMS)"

People have to understand what cybercrime is. A simple example. A jealous wife checking husband's cellphone communication is not cybercrime; sending messages to his mistress from a 3d party or impersonating him, already is. It is very serious. So even if KK's only "problem" was tampering with that cellphone, it is a serious offense.

MOO

Last edited:
It’s hard to believe the body would just be left where people walking would just stumble upon it, no matter which direction they disposed of it. I too am thinking they were banking on no body, no crime. They either destroyed the body or hid it extremely well imo.
In order for Police to file murder they have to have some significant evidence that KB is not with us anymore. I do not believe a simple month without electronic trace or contact would give the confidence to do that.

I believe the evidence taken from her town house includes enough evidence that a reasonable person will agree with that location being where she met with foul play. Murder trials are expensive, this case has tremendous media exposure, and the DA being an elected official will not risk his reelection without some certainty he can close this trail in his favor. W hat that evidence is is being closely guarded so we may not know until the trial, but I believe it is significant. MOO

I definitely think KB was controlled by PF. She had no family, assuming no friends in CO given her long work hours and I can assume the majority of her free time was spent with Baby K. PF met her online, physically moved her from her home and close knit family, and within months conceived an "oopsie" baby and I imagine she learned quickly that it wasn't going to work out, but she loved her job and made such an extensive commute daily so that Baby K could still be in her father's life, because she was a good, selfless person and wanted a stable life for her daughter.

I also imagine that she realized quickly he was also not committed to her and his refusal to leave his mother's nest added additional strain to their relationship. I just think she never had a chance from the get-go and it breaks my heart. He had all kinds of connections from ranching and the rodeo circuit, as well as his brother in LE in Colorado Springs. If she caught wind of any behavior, he probably threatened her and shut her down. She had no one to talk to as her parents would've worried sick being states away.

I'm just rambling over this whole thing due to the absence of news reports, but I just think she was a true victim from the beginning and that he chose her fate long before "September 2018." I think he felt KB was a roadblock to being a free man once the unexpected pregnancy arose. JMO.

Last edited:
I'm hopeful there's news soon I hope it's her so the family can have some closure but I dunno . At least one family will have closure so sad
It seems unlikely that PF would have just dumped her body like that, but we'll see. But you're right: somewhere, someone is going to get some sad news.

Just thinking outloud...I really don't think KB will be found out in the open. I think she's hidden and may not be found unless the person or persons responsible talk. Or possibly the responsible person (s) talk to someone they think they can trust and then they talk. MOO

I have a theory on the robbery thing-- I think it was always PF's plan to get rid of KB's body after murdering her. However, he needed help to make it look like she had run off to Washington to visit family. Perhaps he lied to whomever he gave the phone to (possibly KK?) and said that he and KB fought when he went to pick up their daughter and as a result she died "by accident" and he ended up with KB's phone/some other belongings of hers. Perhaps that is the story he made up in order to convince someone to help him. Perhaps the person who helped dispose of the phone is now talking to police and telling the story PF told about taking something from KB as she died. Technically, if they fought and he grabbed the phone (or anything else) from her hands as he killed her that could be felony murder during a robbery. I could be wrong but I think the charge doesn't necessarily mean that PF planned to make the murder look like a robbery. It could simply mean some evidence or a witness is saying PF was trying to take something from KB when she was murdered and that he then removed whatever it was from the scene. MOO.

Gardener, you have articulated this theory much better than I did.

Rather than overtly recruit KK to help plan KB’s demise, he may have groomed her more subtly.

Made her believe he was a great guy with a horrible ex-fiancée. By TG, she is hooked on the thought of a future with him. Dependent on him, in fact.

In the aftermath of the ‘accident’, in her mind, only she could save him from unjust imprisonment. Only she could salvage their chance of a life together. And, well, it was just an accident after all. And it’s just disposing of stuff. And the end would justify the means.

He probably wasn’t trying to make it look like a robbery. But it’s not a bad idea to use that as a defence if it looks like Plan A has gone belly-up.

MOO

Human remains found near abandoned truck stop in Colorado
The remains were found about 20 miles north of Trinidad close to the town of Aguilar. They were discovered by residents walking in the area.

Members of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation Crime Scene Response team processed the area. The coroner is working to identify the remains and determine the cause of death.

At this time it is unclear if it's connected to the Kelsey Berreth case.

More details are expected to be released Tuesday afternoon.

There is a man missing from Aguilar since 2016. I think it's more likely these remains could be his. I made a thread for him here: CO - CO - William Christopher Brown, 58, Aguilar, 7 July 2016

PF had a history of telling people KB would disappear and others in his circle thought he was the primary caregiver.

I wonder how long PF told people those things about KB? Has it been since little K’s birth or more recently to set the stage for her murder.
I’ve been thinking this very same thing. He just started acting on those plans in September , but how long had he actually been plotting it?!?

I'm not sure what will compel PF to start talking. At first I thought it would be investigators talking about his child to him, but I don't believe that anymore.

I believe he's going to remain tight lipped. I can honestly see if he's offered a plea deal, with the death penalty removed, for life in prison, he still won't say a word. He will go to his death and a date determined for him.

I believe that's how much he despises KB, especially her family right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname