CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they intended to move the cars. Vehicles are so problematic, imo. Those pesky camera scattered on every corner & at every biz, capture too much. Then, wth does one do with a car?

I always leave my extra keys at home.
I agree I leave my extra set at home also , I also agree PF would of planned to have access to the keys if they were going to move one, surely planning for 90 days he would of thought of that! Surely!

I was going back and refreshing my mind on videos of PF, came upon this one . Wondering if the plain clothes man (khaki pants ) that went into the sallyport right before the door closes and left his brown truck outside, was this PF's brother ? I know we cannot sleuth him just wondering . Watching this guy walk into the sallyport reminded me of PF walking away from the reporter at the gate .
That would be the Teller County plainclothes sheriff's deputy. Don't do no illegal drugs in his county, or you're liable to see more flashing lights than you ever dreamed could be hidden on a pickup truck. IMO

I agree... we might get close to trying to understand ... see faint glimpses of what might have caused PF to step over that “ line” into the world that most do not ever enter... but fortunately most of us won’t ever know what caused him to do what he did ...
Desperation is a very powerful motivator, what we need to know is the reason he was desperate? Baby K, Money, Love or Lust, or KB had something on him. IMO I think the answer is in one of those categories.

I don't think it was impossible to move her, fully intact, without being noticed. It was a holiday weekend. He could have rolled a small suitcase, or carried a large duffel bag out to his truck, and no one would have blinked an eye. JMO
He wouldn’t have been able to fit her intact body into either of those items you mentioned, in my opinion.

We’ve discussed the possibility of a financial motive, a lot.
Personally, I don’t see it. Only bc I’m familiar with his line of work & believe a farrier has unlimited income potential. Not to mention selling/training dogs & horses.
He apparently had multiple vehicles as well as stock trailers.
I am of the opinion he had his own living quarters in one of the barns on the ranchette property. He seemed to be self sufficient with money to travel & own animals, imo.
KB probably had a fixed salary or hourly wage & made much less, imo.
He can’t collect insurance if convicted, IF he is a bennie. Imo
FYI when I attend a rodeo or horse show, any farrier on site has a line. Horses are always throwing a shoe or something. Farriers hang at events, knowing they will pick up work.
( My personal experience.)
Even if he had lots of money, he might not be the type to gladly parcel out money for child support. Lots and lots of guys aren't. They're usually forced by the courts to do it.

Even if he had lots of money, he might not be the type to gladly parcel out money for child support. Lots and lots of guys aren't. They're usually forced by the courts to do it.

Right, we don’t know. IMO, he’s pleased to be a dad. If true, I would hope he contributed, willingly. A lot of times in non-support cases, imo, the dad is livid the pregnancy wasn’t terminated.

IMO, he did NOT seek out women to support him or supplement his income.
If so, I think he would have looked for women in more lucrative career fields. Jmo

Last edited:
First of all, it is my opinion that KB's parents protected K as much as they could with her moving to CO for love. Case in point, when she bought the condo her parents put it in LLC which protects the property. It's personal as to the setup they had, but she most likely made the mortgage payments, but for any reason she couldn't, they would have her covered. At least that would be the primary reason my parents would set up an LLC.
But what else could they suggest to protect she and the baby? Did they perhaps strongly suggest a pre-nuptial agreement? And when she went to PF with that, he lost it? PF is a cowboy, a ferrier, a country boy. Would he have been insulted by that notion? And wouldn't that have been brought up, say....in the summertime?
After I got a divorce and bought a house on my own, I seriously dated a country boy and when I started talking pre-nup, he went ballistic. Obviously, I'm not dead, but could this have been a factor?
MOO, MOO

First of all, it is my opinion that KB's parents protected K as much as they could with her moving to CO for love. Case in point, when she bought the condo her parents put it in LLC which protects the property. It's personal as to the setup they had, but she most likely made the mortgage payments, but for any reason she couldn't, they would have her covered. At least that would be the primary reason my parents would set up an LLC.
But what else could they suggest to protect she and the baby? Did they perhaps strongly suggest a pre-nuptial agreement? And when she went to PF with that, he lost it? PF is a cowboy, a ferrier, a country boy. Would he have been insulted by that notion? And wouldn't that have been brought up, say....in the summertime?
After I got a divorce and bought a house on my own, I seriously dated a country boy and when I started talking pre-nup, he went ballistic. Obviously, I'm not dead, but could this have been a factor?
MOO, MOO

I don’t think they were ever at the “pre nup” stage. IMO, if they planned to get married, he wouldn’t have balked at a pre nup & may have wished her to sign one, too. Jmo.
Maybe I’ve missed something. Is KB a wealthy person?

I don’t think they were ever at the “pre nup” stage. IMO, if they planned to get married, he wouldn’t have balked at a pre nup & may have wished her to sign one, too. Jmo.
Maybe I’ve missed something. Is KB a wealthy person?
There would have been no prenup, because I don’t think this guy had any intention of ever marrying her.

If he did, he wouldn’t have killed her.

I don’t think either of them were wealthy, but she had a far more stable source of income than he did.

Had he asked for a prenup, I hope she would have laughed hysterically.

I see....so KB drove 3 hours round trip daily? I must have missed that, obviously; it is so easy to miss things, at least, for me it is, anyway. :)

Was her 3 hour r/t drive time going to /from PF's mother's ranch, or to/from work?

Also, is there significance to her drive time and/or avg. mph vis a vis her murder? TIA!
Sorry, can't answer any of that. I thought the 3 hours was a bit much. I chose 66 mph because the police won't ticket anyone unless they are traveling 12 or more miles over the speed limit, and there's a short stretch right in the suburb of Manitou Springs where the speed limit briefly drops to 55 mph. It's prominently listed in "Colorado Speed Traps". My personal experience is, that on most days, if you want to stay in the flow of traffic, 75 mph should do it. I didn't want to appear to be exagerating. IMO

There would have been no prenup, because I don’t think this guy had any intention of ever marrying her.

If he did, he wouldn’t have killed her.

I don’t think either of them were wealthy, but she had a far more stable source of income than he did.

Had he asked for a prenup, I hope she would have laughed hysterically.

BBM:

I suspect the discrepancy in income, independent housing, etc., was a real sore spot with PF. He strikes me as being what you'd call thin-skinned.

He hates women, IMO, so any woman "one-upping" him in a relationship would likely trip his trigger. And not in a good way.

To your last point: I don't think this ever happened, but if it had, KB laughing at PF over his request for a pre-nup would have caused a complete and total meltdown and eruption from him. I do not think a woman openly laughing in PF's face would be a good idea.

Last edited:
BBM:

I suspect the discrepancy in income, independent housing, etc., was a real sore spot with PF. He strikes me as being what you'd call thin-skinned.

He hates women, IMO, so any woman "one-upping" him in a relationship would likely trip his trigger. And not in a good way.

To your last point: I don't think this ever happened, but if it had, KB laughing at PF over his request for a pre-nup would have caused a complete and total meltdown and eruption from him. I do not think a woman laughing openly at PF would be a good idea. JMO.
Yeah, I definitely agree.

This guy probably has a fragile little ego, and a woman showing him up would be a terrible idea.

The idea of him wanting Kelsey to sign a prenup, really makes me laugh though.

His mommy probably owns everything that he thinks is his, to include his frayed lasso.

I had one other unpleasant thought about this case. Little K is a little over a year old. Wonder if she is already a bit verbal and if she has memories about anything . Most language development is after age 2, but some children are advanced. I wonder if PF/SF wanted custody so that they could either discourage her from asking Qs, or shape whatever information she was given later on :(

some articles on what very young children remember:
Children’s Vantage Point of Recalling Traumatic Events

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.907.2180&rep=rep1&type=pdf

We have talked about this a bit. My son is within a few weeks of baby K. I would be shocked if baby K was able to ask any type of question or talk about shapes. Their language at this age is VERY basic and rarely more than one word strung together. The language is also not easily understood by outsiders. Even at 3, I still need to interpret for my older child at times and she is advanced in speech for her age. MOO

She had a lot on her plate, was the comment made by CB in her interview. Maybe KB was tired of being on the road for three hours a day. imo
KB's work commute to any regional airport would always prove lengthy, but we know she loved her job and obviously accepted her commute challenge-- like so many others in her position.

I get it! Maybe she was tired of averaging 47 mph when everyone else is doing 66 on the expressway and not getting a ticket. IMO
MPH post is not a response to the OP! This is about volume. The commute time is due to the fact that the relevant I-25 corridor holds more than 80% of the states population, and why I25 is also know as Colorado's Hwy from H e l l!
Huh? What has her driving speed have to do with her commute? IMO, nothing.
Agreed -- her driving speed is irrelevant.
I'm confused...where did we get the info that KB averaged 47 mph?

I have no idea?

140 mile round trip daily divided by 3 hours daily driving time equals 46 mph.
Again, mph does not address slow down traffic to a crawl or complete stop. Also, the posted speed limit for portions of KB commute are 75mph. (no speeding ticket at 66mph).

I-25 is Colorado's Highway From Hell

Yeah, I definitely agree.

This guy probably has a fragile little ego, and a woman showing him up would be a terrible idea.

The idea of him wanting Kelsey to sign a prenup, really makes me laugh though.

His mommy probably owns everything that he thinks is his, to include his frayed lasso.

To be fair, the collection of Tonka trucks and Woody dolls from Toy Story that he keeps under his bunk bed probably do belong to PF. He probably would have had to include those as assets in a pre-nup. J.M.O.

Last edited:
Right, we don’t know. IMO, he’s pleased to be a dad. If true, I would hope he contributed, willingly. A lot of times in non-support cases, imo, the dad is livid the pregnancy wasn’t terminated.

IMO, he did NOT seek out women to support him or supplement his income.
If so, I think he would have looked for women in more lucrative career fields. Jmo
Taking a child's mother's life is not an indicator of a person who cares about a child. So I have to disagree about him being a person who looks out for anyone else.
A guy might be unwilling to pay because they wanted pregnancy terminated, yes, but that's not the only reason. Most guys, well to do or not, do not pay past what is court ordered.

Guys like PF don't have to 'commit' to one female when they can
find sex with so many willing partners.
Plus if you work long hours it leaves little time to socialize.
Young women also don't realize the dangers of hooking up online.
They know nothing of the guy's history other than what he tells
them. And if you're trusting and don't do your homework or research, you can fall for his manipulation and lies.
The dangers of “hooking up” online are no greater than with traditional means. You have to do your research on dates no matter how you meet. 70% of today’s young generation are using dating sites to meet people. It’s the norm and we are well past the taboo of it. I just wish KB would’ve waited to have a baby with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin