CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. The judge will have to determine whether to bind PF over on some or all of the charges, and determine whether there will be bail and an amount.

It is really interesting to see how cases process in different states. The suspect in the 4 Nevada murders went before a judge within about 2 days and the judge set $500,000 bail knowing Guzman also has an ICE detainer. In this case in CO, it will be fully 2 months to get to that point.

LOL you are raining on the parade - I want to see and hear from KKL herself, sooner not later, dog-gone-it.

Sorry! ;)

The good news though, is as long as he's bound over and the Judge determines in even 1 Murder 1 count that the "proof is evident and presumption great" it's a no bond charge. So he's not going anywhere. IMO of course.

This is strictly my personal opinion, but I am wondering, with CO able to seal and unseal cases AND with the complexity of the case, if we aren't going to see court go through several continuances before we get down to business.
MOO, MOO
You are probably correct IMO unless.....someone cracks and admits to guilt.

You are probably correct IMO unless.....someone cracks and admits to guilt.

And what do you think the chance of that is??? KK is "somewhere" and PF has been struck silent. And meanwhile back at the ranchette, new LE is being put on the case at the PD, we have (apparently) microscopic consumable evidence, digital evidence and a whole landfill. Then we have that strange deal only CO has that they can seal and unseal a case, arrest people and you never know if they went to trial or not and other secrets going on? If I were the Bs it would take all the angels and saints to keep me together!
MOO, MOO, MOO

And what do you think the chance of that is??? KK is "somewhere" and PF has been struck silent. And meanwhile back at the ranchette, new LE is being put on the case at the PD, we have (apparently) microscopic consumable evidence, digital evidence and a whole landfill. Then we have that strange deal only CO has that they can seal and unseal a case, arrest people and you never know if they went to trial or not and other secrets going on? If I were the Bs it would take all the angels and saints to keep me together!
MOO, MOO, MOO
Link to new personnel at PD being added. I must have missed that info .

Last edited:
MOO, MOO, MOO
If you watch the DA's press conference he explains the reason for the seal, it's so evidence cannot be tampered with. I think the prosecutor knows more than we think and until it is released to public we won't know. We all need to calm down and breathe, praying for the Berreths

MOO, MOO, MOO
I hate to be cold about this, but the B's seemed to invest heavily KB establishing herself in Colorado. With 57% of of the population being transplants, it's not like it would have been impossible to ask the neighbors if the state has any peculiarities that a newcomer should be aware of.
People born in Colorado make up less than half of the state's population

I hate to be cold about this, but the B's seemed to invest heavily KB establishing herself in Colorado. With 57% of of the population being transplants, it's not like it would have been impossible to ask the neighbors if the state has any peculiarities that a newcomer should be aware of.

I have wondered if KB's situation had been a bit more conventional, or if she had been in WP for a bit longer, if she might have gone to church in WP and met more like minded people that way. (just one of my idle speculations)

I have wondered if KB's situation had been a bit more conventional, or if she had been in WP for a bit longer, if she might have gone to church in WP and met more like minded people that way. (just one of my idle speculations)

Quite possibly. While it sounds like the reason KB moved out to CO was to be close to PF initially, I think it's very possible that the bloom was off that particular rose fairly quickly, i.e., as soon as she realized his mom was still making his bed and cutting up the solid foods on his plate for him. I think it must have been a very rude awakening for KB once she got to CO and saw the lay of the land there. Her heart must have sunk once she realized what she had gotten herself into, and the type of person her baby's father really was.

I do think that,given time, KB would have continued to develop her own circle of friends apart from PF, and to pursue her own goals, passions and interests. It's both horribly sad and infuriating that she was robbed of having the time and opportunity to do so.

*Speculation only: I do wonder if KB had already begun to distance herself from KB and their relationship became more and more contentious as she placed it on a more practical, business-like footing, i.e., the business of co-parenting Baby K. IMO, had she pressed PF on formal child support and/or formal custody arrangements, PF would have erupted.
I think that Money + Child Custody Issues = PF's sick motive.

Sorry, tracking back to your question: sadly, we'll never know, and KB will never experience, what might have lain ahead in her future. All those unrealized potentialities have now been forever relegated to the "what-might-have-been" closed file, courtesy of PF and his evil actions.

JMO.

I’m confused. The article PommyMommy posted was old and from last time he was in court. At that time the defense asked for an extension from Feb 4 IIRC to Feb 19. Have they asked for another extension?

I misread the date for which I am sorry. But having said that, it is still my personal opinion that we will go through several continuances before the trial motor starts in earnest.
MOO, MOO

I was talking about the legal aspects of Colorado. KB's religious beliefs are frankly none of my business. IMO

I am a CO native, living in CO currently and if a friend or neighbor who was a transplant asked me about peculiarities about the state, in general, or in comparison to the other states I've lived in at one point, I wouldn't mention anything significant about the legal system, or criminal actions, etc. I'd mention expensive license plates, road construction issues, and a few minor quirks/stereotypes about certain cities or neighborhoods.

What are you thinking they should/could/would have asked?

If you watch the DA's press conference he explains the reason for the seal, it's so evidence cannot be tampered with. I think the prosecutor knows more than we think and until it is released to public we won't know. We all need to calm down and breathe, praying for the Berreths

The difficult part ahead is having the Berreth's live through all the details. I am sure they have some details but we do need to pray for their strength through the months ahead.

What has struck me from the beginning of this case is how cold, unemotional and controlled PF has been from the get go.

Lawyered up asap, didn't speak to the press, has remained icily silent other than instructing his attorney to seek dismissal of the wrongful death suit filed by KB's parents.

In a way his silence scares me more than Chris Watts' crying and squawking like a canary.

Is PF the epitome of a psychopath? From what I can gather he is so arrogant and seems sure that LE won't find KB's remains.

It appears to me he planned it out methodically, although allegedly trying to enlist accomplices to carry out the dirty deed was a mistake he possibly regrets.

I cannot fathom his thinking, and I don't want to even try because whatever lurks in his mind is terrifying.

MOO.

PF should get the death penalty. Take it off, if he admits to where the body is.
I hope he will admit to where KB's remains are, for her loved one's sake. But from what I can determine, its all about control for PF. Sadistic, controlling people get satisfaction from the suffering of others. Plus he probably knows that although CO is a DP state, they haven't carried it out in years so he'll sit on death row for the remainder of his days, possibly getting fan mail from women who pretend to "love and understand" him.
MOO.

I hope he will admit to where KB's remains are, for her loved one's sake. But from what I can determine, its all about control for PF. Sadistic, controlling people get satisfaction from the suffering of others. Plus he probably knows that although CO is a DP state, they haven't carried it out in years so he'll sit on death row for the remainder of his days, possibly getting fan mail from women who pretend to "love and understand" him.
MOO.
I wonder if KKL will continue to "love and understand him," once PF's lawyer throws her under the bus. I have no doubt he will. And well he should. I only hope she gets exactly what she deserves for wanting KB dead and assisting PF.

I wonder if KKL will continue to "love and understand him," once PF's lawyer throws her under the bus. I have no doubt he will. And well he should. I only hope she gets exactly what she deserves for wanting KB dead and assisting PF.
Oh yeah, once KKL realizes she's been used and taken for a fool I have no doubt she'll squeal. Loudly.
You know that saying about Hell Hath No Fury? :eek:

MOO.

Oh yeah, once KKL realizes she's been used and taken for a fool I have no doubt she'll squeal. Loudly.
You know that saying about Hell Hath No Fury? :eek:

MOO.
I don't think she'll talk. She's one of those insipid "stand by your man" types who is always a doormat. Look, she carried a torch for this man and did his bidding after he had a relationship with KB and had a child with her. The allure of KKL for PF is that she's a doormat and she's weak, and she inherently knows this. She's not afraid of him, she's too stupid to be afraid of him because he's convinced her she's special and different, you know the same thing he tells every woman. KKL would need some feeling of self worth, a backbone and street smarts to squeal, and her actions tell us she's severely lacking in all those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23