Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I recall that when a loved one passed, I put one of their pillow cases into a ziplock bag. So I could forever smell their smell. It makes me think of dogs who follow scents, because everybody does have a specific smell.

Off-topic, but if a loved one of yours dies, that may seem very strange. Doing such really is comforting.

angelainwi, Kapua, susiQ and 15 others like this.
  2. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Not strange at ALL.

Kapua, susiQ, Daisy47 and 9 others like this.
  3. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Wow, @margarita25 , hope everything comes out okay for your friend!

CalmSeas, Hatfield, Daisy47 and 4 others like this.
  4. riolove77

riolove77 Verified Attorney

I’ll volunteer

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Thank you! :)

6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

7. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

unlike others who think nothing is going to come out tomorrow, I have this fear we're going to hear some very upsetting things at this hearing. For them to have PF in jail all of this time, I feel that something brutal happened to poor Kelsey. We just might not want to hear it after all.

8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

I mean, no matter what, we all know that something brutal happened to her.

Her end was not pretty.

But you’re right, there’s something about hearing those details, that makes it all the more real.

And tragic.

I do think we’ll learn a lot.

9. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

In the Dateline episode I just referenced above, you could hear Venus’ family members sobbing in the courtroom as the “star witness” related the details told to him about Venus’ last moments (the “drop of blood that came from her nose”)—it was so awful for her family to hear this, and her mom also said how hard that part is, and how she doesn’t want to go there in her mind.

Kapua, Allygator, LAHOLLA and 10 others like this.
  10. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

I don't know how parents can even listen to that. How devastating.

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

Not strange. I've done the same for both a new life (newborn's gown), and death. I find the sense of smell can be be very powerful. :)

Mercedes, Hatch, Kapua and 16 others like this.
  12. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I am a little nervous about tomorrow's hearing. I don't really want to hear the gruesome details, but I really do hope they have some solid information. I am pretty sure they do, as he was locked down pretty quick.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  13. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

Weeks ago someone posted that there are only three reasons that people murder. Yep, just three. I googled it because I had forgotten what they were. They are as follows.
    Financial greed/steal
    Sexual lust/rape
    The pursuit of power/control
    I'm no expert but it certainly seems possible.

Sincerely, Katharine, Kapua and 11 others like this.
  14. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

Snoring might be a runner-up?

15. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

:)

bowler, MemPat, Kapua and 2 others like this.
  16. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Tuesday, February 19th:
    *Preliminary Hearing (@ 9am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18) & charged (12/31/18) with 1st degree murder & 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder & 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery). Held without bond.
    Was a suspect as of 12/15/18. Search warrant executed 12/14/18. Search & arrest warrants are sealed. The little girl, who had been staying with her dad up until his arrest, is now in protective custody & will be reunited with Berreth’s family. 12/27/18: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents, but the Teller County Dept. of Human Services will retain legal custody.
    12/21/18 Hearing on Advisement; first appearance hearing set for 12/31/18.
    12/24/18: Defense has filed a motion to limit the release of information about the case before it goes to trial. His attorneys cite “massive pre-indictment and pretrial negative publicity.” Prosecutors are fighting to have the motion denied without a hearing. Motion has been denied re a request to limit pretrial publicity. Request Denied.
    Other motions filed:

P-4 People’s Response to Defendant’s Notice of Invocation of all Statutory, Case Law, and Constitutional Privileges
    P-3 People’s Response to Defendant’s Motion for Preservation of Physical Evidence
    P-2 People’s Response to Defendant’s Notice of Representation and Demand for Notice of any Pre-Trial Nontestimonial Identification Procedure Sought Pursuant to Crim. P.41.1
    P-1 People’s Response to Defendant’s Motion for Preservation and Production of Law Enforcement Notes, Recordings, and Other Evidence
    D-004 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory, Case Law, and Constitutional Privileges
    D-002 Notice of Representation and Demand for Notice of any Nontestimonial Identification Procedure Sought Pursuant to Crim. P.41.1
    CTO-02 Decorum Order

12/27/18 Update: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents, but the Teller County Dept. of Human Services will retain legal custody. Paternal grandmother file a motion to intervene. The parties agreed to reserve for later hearing paternal grandmother’s motion to intervene & placement request. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on January 3, 2019.
    12/31/18: Charged with 1st degree murder, 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder & 1st degree felony murder. Defense motions to preserve law enforcement communication (emails & texts) and to limit pre-trial publicity (prevent press conferences, tweets & interviews) were both denied. No plea entered. No bond. DA asks for “consumptive testing” on unspecified evidence. Motion hearing on DNA testing & unsealing arrest affidavit scheduled for 1/4. A Preliminary hearing on 1/29.

12/31/18: Monday a 32-year-old nurse was a person of interest in the case & believed to have possibly disposed of Berreth's phone in Idaho in the days after she was last seen alive. She & Frazee had been in a romantic relationship for months (early 2016). The woman, whose identity is not being revealed as she has not yet been charged with a crime, could also be the person who had been plotting with Frazee about killing Berreth should the investigation prove she did in fact dispose of the cell. The nurse was in Colorado around Thanksgiving.
    1/3/19 Update: PF's sister has now asked to intervene in the custody case too. Judge ruled to temporarily keep Kelsey’s daughter in custody of her parents. Court orders both side’s parents not to publicly comment about custody case. Court waiting to review info from Frazee’s criminal case before moving forward. Waiting for discovery in the criminal case before proceeding further with the custody case. Trial conference hearing set for 2/7/19 re child custody.
    1/4/19 Update: New judge (Scott Sells) takes over the case (judge rotation). Prosecution says they are now comfortable sharing the arrest affidavit with Frazee. They still want them sealed to the public. The court is also hearing a motion regarding the testing of a specific piece of evidence. Prosecution says that piece of evidence is not as critical as they first thought. Judge will pass ruling on consumptive testing until 2/19 hearing. Frazee waived his right to prelim within 35 days. Lots of info in arrest affidavit, Defense asks to move 1/29/19 date. Preliminary hearing for Frazee has been moved to Feb. 19th per request of Frazee’s attorney. Both parties agreed on this date. KKTV11News has confirmed that Kelsey’s parents have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Patrick Frazee.
    2/7/19 Update: Baby K stays with her maternal grandparents. Next disposition hearing on 4/4/19.
    *Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney (32) charged (2/2/19) with tampering with physical evidence. Teller County Case #D602019CR17
    2/2/19: is scheduled to appear in a Teller County courtroom on Friday, Feb. 8 @ 8:30am. She will enter a plea deal with prosecutors (may plea for the destruction of the cell phone). She was believed to have disposed of Berreth's cell phone in the days after she was last seen alive. The probable cause statement has been sealed.
    2/8/19 Update: Prosecutor says Kenney has agreed to plead guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Judge says WHEN sentencing happens, she could get 12-18 months in prison, community corrections, or probation. Could also be 90 days in El Paso County jail. Aggravated sentence could be attached at end of trial. Kenney will testify against Frazee in exchange for her plea deal. Won't be sentenced till that prosecution is complete. She is barred from speaking with press under deal. Monday June 24th at 11 AM there will be a review hearing for Kenney. They will differ charges at that point & will set up a periodic review every 90 days or so. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion.

MemPat, seasky, Katharine and 19 others like this.
  17. lindaromas

lindaromas Well-Known Member

My money is on Financial greed/steal on this case. I can't say why here but we'll see.

18. lindaromas

lindaromas Well-Known Member

" They will differ charges at that point & will set up a periodic review every 90 days or so. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion."

Wondering why the periodic review is out around 120 days. I just noticed the "or so."

PommyMommy likes this.
  19. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

All I care to hear today is that LE have sufficient evidence to take PF to hell...and his accomplices with him if at all possible.

20. Snowsnake

Snowsnake Well-Known Member

I agree. In my opinion PF’s mind never stops scheming about how he can get more for himself.

lindaromas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.