CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 30s31 seconds ago
Slater says it’s his understanding that Kelsey’s phone was in close proximity to Frazee’s phone. They were moving west from Woodland Park toward Divide, then later that night toward Florissant & Cripple Creek. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 42s43 seconds ago
Referencing the Idaho number, state asks if Frazee contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of Berreth’s phone. Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
That Idaho number belonged to Krystal Kenney, the Idaho nurse who recently pleaded guilty to evidence tampering. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley
investigators did luminol tests 12/6 on #KelseyBerreth 's apartment and found kelsey's blood DNA profile all over the bathroom including on the toilet, trash can, floor, wall and door hinges. Pros - is it fair to say Kelsey met with foul play? Slater - yes. #patrickfrazee

How could LE miss all of this blood??!! I am baffled!!
Seems that forensic investigation techniques finally employed when CBI joined the investigation. Reportedly, these rookie mistakes are common to the smaller WPPD. I don't think WPPD saw "homicide" but were still thinking "missing person."

IMO, they wouldn't use Luminol on the first check which was a "well check" on a missing person. I think they just looked to see if she was there or not. That's somewhat understandable. But missing blood in the toiliet and on the bathroom doorknob that could be seen with the naked eye is really sloppy police work! They must not have spent much time checking out the home. MOO.

I appreciate your response. I shouldn't have said "first check," I guess I just mean early in the investigation. No family should have to be the ones to find evidence, especially evidence of violence, in their loved one's disappearance/death. My heart aches for them. Sloppy police work, indeed.

Sam Kraemer (@SamKraemerTV) | Twitter

Slater says agents tried to find out what happened to Berreth, and in doing so, found Frazee. They called him. Frazee said he was running errands with his brother in Colorado Springs. They waited & then met him at the Five Guys in Colorado Springs. Sean was with him.

I don't know what day that occurred, but why would his "estranged" brother be "running errands" with him? I just wonder if his brother actually knew anything about what happened to Kelsey and if PF may have asked for his advice.

Things are getting curiouser and curiouser .....

Estranged or not, his brother is family. He probably still would have felt safe going to him for advice. Whether he was truthful or was lying to the estranged brother, guess we won't know until they call him as a witness.

Agent Slater says when he looked in the toilet he saw what appeared to be suspected blood in #KelseyBerreth's bathroom . Toilet, bath tub, trash can, parts of floor, opposing wall, vanity, bathroom door hinges, and electrical outlet he said all tested positive for blood. #Denver7

Slater says the blood found does match Kelsey's DNA profile. #kelseyberreth

:eek: It's like PF didn't even bother trying to clean up.

I hate to ask but when did he return the gun to Kelsey. Did he want her to have possession of it and then use it to kill her? Was he going to try and make it look like suicide in the beginning but something went wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892