CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the reference to driving thru Sonic?

The 9News article mentioned KK taking the trash and heading off to Sonic. I had to read that part twice, as initially I had the impression that she dumped trash at Sonic.

“After cleaning up, Lee said she put the trash bags near where Berreth’s Corolla was parked, loaded them into her car, and went to Sonic.
From there, she returned to Frazee’s property.”

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
That could have been it, I was thinking it was in one of Sam’s tweets as he was reporting that day.

good article, thanks. one thing i have learned that was not mentioned in the article is that some crematoriums process multiple bodies during the same burn thus remaining "ashes" are in reality a mixture of individuals remains. they do this because the cost of the burns are high, so they say. so, i guess my point is in the event you have to go through this for someone passed verify with your selected crematorium ( if it matters to you). it's generally the lower cost cremation packages and it should be in the fine print.

@Crooked Chicken @dkryder OT.

I cremated my beloved dog Max and I did take the remains out to hold in my hand. I immediately put them back and vowed never to do it again. Freaky. I also asked if he would be alone cuz I had heard of the situation dkryder mentioned.

Last edited:
The same friend that lent her a vehicle with a loaded handgun so that she could go clean up a murder scene.

Just saying... :)
I hope you don't mind, but your post also caused me to ponder a couple of things.

First of all, she went in September to bring Kelsey coffee with her aunt in the car. I mean, didn't the aunt find this strange, going to a woman's townhouse to bring coffee to someone she (the aunt) has probably never met herself? What excuse would Krystal have given this aunt to randomly bring over some woman a coffee, when clearly the woman could have made her own at home or got her own if she wanted to? I really would love to know from the aunt herself, what excuse Krystal used on that day.

I wonder, if she hadn't switched vehicles with her friend to do the clean up, would she have brought Kelsey back in her truck to Idaho and placed her body somewhere in the woods? Was she going to do it at first, but had one tiny bit of a moment of guilty conscience, and told Patrick, after putting a bullet through Kelsey, that she didn't want to take the chance of her friend getting into trouble with DNA evidence in her car?

Now, this leads me to wonder- Krystal mentioned cleaning stuff and bringing it to Patrick's to burn. Did they get a search warrant to check and see if there was any DNA of Kelsey's in this friend's car? Or any evidence in the car of something dropped and stuck under the mats or between the seats, such as a cleaning rag, paper towel, etc?

I forget how far away in terms of driving time she lives from Patrick, but for a woman who was scared to death of him, she sure had an immediate out, if she had just called the cops and said she thought he killed his girlfriend and tell them that he asked her to clean it up. They would have nailed him right away, but no, she still drove down, cleaned and burned things, went back home, and burned more things in her front yard.

For a map of the cell phone towers around Colorado, go to https://find.mapmuse.com/interest/cell-towers/CO, then click on to Woodland Park for its towers. Link doesn't work, let me try and fix it. Still can't get the link to work. The address in the address bar keeps reverting back to "mapuse" instead of "mapmuse" (keeps leaving out the middle "m" If you add the "m" in the middle of the "mapmuse", on the address bar, it does work for me.

Last edited:
Agreed. Among other things, I think she is lying about purposely leaving evidence specifically to tie a path for LE to get back to her.

You have my attention with video recordings.. is this new info?

The affidavit specifically mentions particular moments caught on video surveillance. KB @ Safeway, PF @ Walmart, PF @ KB's residence two times on 11/22.

• Video surveillance from the Safeway in WP, CO showed KB and Baby K shopping at the store. It appeared she departed the grocery store at approximately 12:27 p.m. Investigators located receipts from Safeway in the residence and vehicle that corroborate this information.
  • Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF is captured on surveillance footage at a Walmart in WP, CO with a baby carrier with similar blankets as seen in the Safeway footage. Although, Baby K can’t be clearly seen in the footage, it is likely she was in the baby carrier.
  • At Approximately 1:24 p.m. an individual that matched the physical description of PF is captured on a neighbor’s surveillance camera entering the front door of KB’s residence. The photograph contradicts PF’s timeline provided to investigators.
  • The same residential surveillance camera captured an individual that matches the physical description of PF at KB’s residence at or about 3:36 p.m. It is noted that around this time. PF’s phone records indicated that he called his mother and KK.

It may seem inconsequential, but I was curious about that as well.
The site visits: the Nash Ranch, Kelsey’s townhome & back to the Frazee residence. Those were on Dec. 21, state says. @KOAA#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
More exhibits. First (#9) is a photo of two red barns on Nash Ranch. Second (#10) is a photo of bale of hay that is distinctively discolored from other bale. Third (#11) is the tractor Slater says Frazee used to move the hay bale. @KOAA #KrystalKenney#PatrickFrazee

Thread by @SamKraemerTV: "We’ve made it to Cripple Creek. The preliminary hearing for State of Colorado vs. Patrick Frazee starts in a little under 90 minutes. I’ll t […]" #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney #ParrickFrazee

It makes me wonder if one of the search warrants that were done up where she lives was not done for her friend's car. Perhaps for evidence or for cadaver dogs as she must have put all of the bloody items in her trunk of her friend's car. If I was her friend, I don't know if I will be able to drive that car again. I would want to burn it. And I would want to burn her to.

Can you imagine her friend and her friend's husband knowing that that car had the cleanup of a murder in their trunk at one time?

And this is her friend that works at the same Hospital that she did? Omigosh the water cooler must be going wild.
Two minds with the same thought. I, too, am wondering if there was a search warrant to check this woman's car. That, too, could have had some damning evidence in there, to which could be another part of how Krystal got caught, along with the phones.

I must have missed something. KKL bought baby clothes for Baby K?
When?

I know? When did this happen
Something I can't fit in are the bloody socks found in KB's car. It doesn't fit any scenario put forth by the DA. Both socks reacted so it isn't as if KB maybe had a sore on one foot and left socks in her car. Why are KB's bloody socks in her car?

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Defense asking about cadaver dog actions in the home. The handler reported the dog was interested in a pair of Kelsey’s underwear. Dog also alerted near Kelsey’s Toyota. Defense asked if the car was searched. Slater said yes. A pair of socks reacted with reacting test. @KOAA

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Socks came from the search of the vehicle

Do we have any idea as to whether these socks appear to have been taken off of KB's body after the attack or were in a laundry pile or dresser where they were bloodied secondarily in the attack?

Does anyone else think that KKL went through all of KB's drawers and cabinets while she was there in the house and might have taken some things from her place.?

Something like a trophy to KKL . something personal, or intimate, or special. Not bloody socks that were found in KB's vehicle, but something of more significance to KKL.

I see KKL as being deranged enough to want a souvenier of this

Last edited:
IMO there is absolutely another way to get into KB's home besides the front door. The window by the wall.

View attachment 170578

Court Update: Patrick Frazee’s Lover Was Told To Drug Kelsey Berreth’s Coffee

I agree. I could climb in the living room window too.

IS23zvu3rfobd71000000000.jpg

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
She threw the keys (presumably to Berreth’s townhome) into a gorge in Gooding, Idaho. Kenney told investigators about her route back to Twin Falls. It matches the phone records. She then burned Kelsey’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.
I just can't believe the gall and balls of these two, burning Kelsey's body in SF's front yard and burning Krystal and Kelsey's phones in the front yard of the ex-husband. It truly boggles my mind, how brazen they both are! I feel bad for Krystal's ex husband- imagine being married and having children at one time with this woman, only to have her burn things of her lover's girlfriend in his front yard. I hope and pray he kicked her tail out of that house, for his sake and most importantly, the children's sake. Those poor kids.....ugh! I can imagine the awful torment they're going to suffer for years to come from their peers about their mother.

I can't shake that feeling either.
If she cleaned up his mess, why the need to buy an additional week by texting her work?
He called her - 4:30 pm on November 22.
She didn't arrive until the middle of the night on the 23rd. So, 12 hours or so?
She is the one who made the trip on August, October 15, Oct 21, and Nov 23.
It would be next to impossible to take a flight and the FBI not know about it.
So, we KNOW she was in Idaho @ 4:30 pm.
KB was last seen just before 1pm.
That's a really tight timeline.
How far is the airport from KB's home?
The flight is an hour and a half?
Flight Time from Idaho to Colorado
He could have texted her shortly after she arrived back in Idaho.

I'm still feeling a 3rd person was actively involved...
Moo
ETA: I assume she would use Magic Valley Airport?
20 min from her home?
I don't think it's possible.
Thanksgiving is one of the busiest air travel times of the year. If KK flew, she wouldn't have used her own name, she would "borrow" the ID of a friend and flash it to get on board. Easy, Peasy.

JMO

Well when one does not tell the truth it's hard to keep one's lies straight.
MOO

That is why you use a little bit of the truth, and then you avoid the question. Reminds me how his brother said that he arrived after 2:30. But never stated when he arrived. That brother is with law enforcement, and I think that brother..well..'nuff said

________
read between the lines

Or worse. KB was still clinging to life when they got her from the hay pile, they freaked out and one or the other of them shot her. Hence the missing bullet.
MOO
I hope not, I really really hope she was not alive all that time in the tote. That would just devastate a lot of us to hear that, imagine what this would do to her family and her daughter (in the future, of course) psychologically, to know that she not only suffered a brutal beating, but then was still alive and they shot her to make sure she was dead, before burning her? This whole entire case is filled with evil and sickness, that would just be the icing on top of the devil's cake for me.

I think this was all face-saving stuff KB said to comply with her faith community and to made her unmarried pregnancy less of a black mark on the name of her family.

I don't believe HE gave her any ring or any sincere discussion of a wedding. If she had a ring, I believe she would have bought it herself. I also think the August visit to the SDA center for depression probably was because she realized he was not ever going to marry her and legitimize her child.

I have wondered if she talked to any of her LDS friends about her situation and they just haven't spoken up about it. Being involved with a narc and dealing w/the consequences of that can put anyone into a depressive mode, especially when the truth/reality begins to dawn. It's easy to get mad, at the narc, and at oneself...which can lead to depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin