CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #44 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be shocked if he testified. He's followed the advice to shut his trap this far. He may be so mad, though, that he wants to take her down with him (and he's going down, imho).
Yep- he’s screwed. Even if she is telling a truckload of lies to save herself, he can’t say anything because he’s fully involved as well- whatever the true story is.

Yeah. He was smart enough to lawyer up and say nothing, so I expect more of the same at trial.

Him testifying would open way too many doors to the prosecution, and would prove devastating.
And if he didn't have KK spilling all the details he could get away with it. We still don't know if the stepmother of Kyron Horman did anything to him because she lawyered up and is still not held accountable years later.

And if he didn't have KK spilling all the details he could get away with it. We still don't know if the stepmother of Kyron Horman did anything to him because she lawyered up and is still not held accountable years later.
Yeah. Without KK, I think this would be a case of “we know he did it, but we can’t prove it.”

Yeah. He was smart enough to lawyer up and say nothing, so I expect more of the same at trial.

Him testifying would open way too many doors to the prosecution, and would prove devastating.
His temper would come out on the stand. I've seen it happen in much lesser circumstances. He'd dig his own grave.

Ok I’m back, just curious does anyone think there will be more charges if certain characters refuse to testify? It seemed to me for example the da was kinda annoyed with pf. Maybe that a way out there thought, but just curious.

Side note Hope everyone is safe out there, 70mph winds in Ohio. Electric is out, just fired up the generator, now have tv, WiFi, heat, fridge, you know all the essentials lol. Stay safe out there everybody

Yeah. Without KK, I think this would be a case of “we know he did it, but we can’t prove it.”
That is likely true, but they didn't have to give her as sweet of a deal as they did. They compromised all the way down to NOTHING (no mandatory minimum sentence), and that is wrong. She is a danger to society and should not be walking free. MOO.

His temper would come out on the stand. I've seen it happen in much lesser circumstances. He'd dig his own grave.
Yeah, it’s a shame we won’t see it, but it would be a sight to behold.

He’s the type of guy that you could push into an outburst on the stand.

It wouldn’t be hard.

I disagree.

I think CL should be kept out of this discussion.

I’m inclined to agree. I believe we’re only allowed to discuss any comments he has made (to LE or in MSM) related to this case. As he’s not been named a POI, sleuthing him would be against TOS as, at this time, he and the children would also be considered a victim of KKL’s crime. (Mods, correct me if I’m wrong.)

• KK brought gloves, a hair net, two trash bags, bleach, a white body suit (to keep things off her person) and booties (shoe covers). She brought those supplies from home, Slater says, because she recently moved into a new home and had them from painting her home. She said the hospital had the suit.
Ok, the only items that KK brought that I would use when painting my house are the trash bags and MAYBE the shoe covers (though I never have used those).

I have never used gloves, a hairnet, or bleach when painting. Anyone else?

do we know if they found any of KK's DNA at KB's condo? since she admits to being there, not a big deal but interesting all the same

I tell you, if Ann Rule were alive, this would be the book she would write, so many twists and turns. Could someone tell me who texted KB's employer and said she would not be coming in. Was it PF?

KK says that PF instructed her to do that and she did

That is likely true, but they didn't have to give her as sweet of a deal as they did. They compromised all the way down to NOTHING (no mandatory minimum sentence), and that is wrong. She is a danger to society and should not be walking free. MOO.
She played her hand right, and apparently found herself an excellent attorney.

Unfortunately, her hand was far stronger than the one the DA was holding.

The prosecution simply didn’t have enough leverage at that point.

It sucks, but bringing down PF was priority number 1.

They would have learned of the solicitation if they talked to her friends, but without KK’s account, they had no solicitation case.

Do you think the DA is purposely downplaying KK’s involvement by calling it a “solicitation” just to get her testimony? Because obviously, IMO, it was a conspiracy. I hope that decision doesn't end up biting the DA in the butt!

Realistically :D, what are the odds that blabbermouth KK didn't share something about KB/PF to her Auntie K? 'Oh Imma just drive several hundred miles and have you wait in the alley while I take this unknow lady a cuppa joe for this other unknown reason?' Nothing to see here folks....

Nope, not buying what KK is selling, and no, my loathing of her doesn't play into this at all. o_O

In Slater's interview I wonder if he was stating that KK said Aunite K was unaware or CBI believes she was unaware?
KK is a talker, and clever manipulator. She shares that trait with PF.

There's a known list of persons KK confided in that PF solicited her to murder KB, all who remained silent.

IMO, there's another list that likely exceeds the four above, and it probably includes Aunts, MP (gun guy), and more co-workers and pageant cronies.

As much as we hate the thought, there's nothing criminal about not speaking up. CBI isn't going to expend anymore energy or resources than necessary here unless they have evidence that a person lied to them or FBI. Lying to authorities is a criminal act.

KK has a secure deal. Without a violation of her agreement, authorities are done investigating her and/or her friends. MOO.

Do you think the DA is purposely downplaying KK’s involvement by calling it a “solicitation” just to get her testimony? Because obviously, IMO, it was a conspiracy. I hope that decision doesn't end up biting the DA in the butt!
Well it’s no secret to anyone that she committed crimes more serious than tampering with evidence.

The prosecution knows this, but charged her with far less than they could have.

She was an accessory after the fact at a bare minimum.

They needed the information she had, and will need her testimony going forward.

That’s the only reason she’s not looking at decades behind bars.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

CL seems to be the only person in Idaho that ISN'T trying to get on ABC network morning news. He's made it clear he is divorced and has moved on; and has nothing to contribute to the case details. I think his privacy is earned. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it’s no secret to anyone that she committed crimes more serious than tampering with evidence.

The prosecution knows this, but charged her with far less than they could have.

She was an accessory after the fact at a bare minimum.

They needed the information she had, and will need her testimony going forward.

That’s the only reason she’s not looking at decades behind bars.
I cannot understand why she isn’t afraid of one of PF’s buddies or family members taking her out before trial. Of course I am sure the DA has her testimony recorded.

He hasn't vocally defended KK,or rendered a car,with a fully loaded gun, or watched Kelsey's body burn.
One more time.
KK had her friend lie to him, about where she was,and who she was with. She cheated on him with PF.
You are free to believe what you believe because it was said- I’m just far more cautious to buy it all as fact. This is for sure a complex web woven and I have reservations and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish