CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have confirmation that CW does in fact have any intention of appealing his case. Regardless, it is destined for failure if he tries.

I was stunned that he took a plea in that case, as the death penalty doesn’t have any teeth in Colorado.

I’d be more surprised in this case though.

Although the evidence is every bit as damning as the case against Watts, this guy has challenged law enforcement the entire way here.

He remained silent and lawyered up, basically challenging them to make a case against him.

No body, no case.

That’s arrogance. I fully expect that to continue, and for him to fight this to the bitter end.

There’s no incentive to plead guilty, unless the prosecution wants to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

They have his own lies, cell phone evidence, surveillance footage, a material witness, and physical evidence. Their case is strong.

I don’t see a deal coming.
Totally correct. Burden of proof is with the defense.

Totally correct. Burden of proof is with the defense.
Maybe, just maybe Patrick will end up in a room with his mother (as Chris Watts did with his father IIRC) and become convinced that he needs to tell at least part of the truth.

Then maybe, like CW, he'll eventually fill in more details.

[URL="https://twitter.com/AdamAtchison/status/1131860610239541248"]Adam Atchison on Twitter[/URL]
#HappeninToday: The man accused of killing a southern Colorado mom could enter a plea in court. Investigators believe Patrick Frazee beat Kelsey Berreth to death. Watch #11NewsMornings at 4:30 a.m. for updates.
3:52 AM - 24 May 2019

Man accused of killing local mom expected in court, could enter plea
The man accused of killing a southern Colorado mom could enter a plea in court Friday. Investigators believe Patrick Frazee beat his fiance to death with a baseball bat on Thanksgiving.

[...]

Police want to make it clear the investigation is not over and they are "committed to bringing justice to Kelsey's family."

Friday, May 24th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Held without bond.
Was a suspect as of 12/15/18. Search warrant executed 12/14/18. Search & arrest warrants are sealed. The little girl, who had been staying with her dad up until his arrest, is now in protective custody & will be reunited with Berreth’s family. 12/27/18: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents, but the Teller County Dept. of Human Services will retain legal custody.
Court hearings from 12/21/18 thru 3/4/19 reference post #993 here:
Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

3/4/19 Update: Summary of this morning's hearing: Consumptive Testing Motion is deferred until after arraignment. There are 22 search warrants with returns & 6 without returns (have not been executed). The 22 (with some redactions) will be released this week - the majority of them are Facebook, Google and Verizon records, dating back to Dec. 19. Exhibits (photos and audio) from the preliminary hearing will not be released to the public. Prosecution and defense in agreement. Judge reschedules arraignment for 8:30 a.m. at April 5. PF will enter plea & trial date will be scheduled. Child custody hearing on 4/4.
4/4/19 Update: A judge decided Thursday (4/4) that Frazee's young daughter will remain in the custody of Kelsey's parents. Next hearing re child custody is 6/13.
4/5/19 Update: The judge will also decide on a few motions: - A motion to release the exhibits entered during the Feb. 19 preliminary hearing to the public. - A motion to seal social services records the state found as part of its investigation of Frazee. Prosecutors filed two Crime of Violence sentence enhancers that can multiply penalties against Frazee. Those counts allege that he used deadly weapon against Kelsey. Discussing the social services records. Reed says they are related to Frazee’s arrest (standard any time someone is arrested). Defense will be able to see them, but they’re limited to the public. Judge also granted defense access to DHS records. The defense requests a continuance. The people have no objection. Too many forensics yet to be tested. Arraignment set for May 24.
*Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney (32) charged with tampering with physical evidence.
Court hearing details from 2/2/19 thru 2/18/19 reference post #993 here:
Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*
Prosecutor says Kenney has agreed to plead guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Judge says WHEN sentencing happens, she could get 12-18 months in prison, community corrections, or probation. Could also be 90 days in El Paso County jail. Aggravated sentence could be attached at end of trial. Kenney will testify against Frazee in exchange for her plea deal. Won't be sentenced till that prosecution is complete. She is barred from speaking with press under deal. Monday June 24th at 11 AM there will be a review hearing for Kenney. They will differ charges at that point & will set up a periodic review every 90 days or so. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion.

will be shortening this after I post....

Looking forward to seeing PF walk in and have to make a plea. Unfortunately I don't see anything but a NG and in his mind "prove it" mentality. He has no compassion, remorse or thoughts of anyone but himself and yep, that includes Ma F.

His insensitivity, complete and utter callousness since day 1 of Kelsey's having gone missing is appalling. IMO

I think PF whole heartedly believes he has a shot of being found innocent or swaying one bleeding heart juror to reasonable doubt. Hah!
#JUSTICEFORKELSEY

Jenna Middaugh on Twitter
HAPPENING TODAY: #PatrickFrazee is set to be back in court & could enter a plea. We expected him to enter one last month, but his attorney asked the judge to push the arraignment back while evidence was still being tested. Frazee is accused of killing #KelseyBerreth @KKTV11News
D7U-xygW0AM23QK.jpg

5:09 AM - 24 May 2019

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee is back in court for his arraignment today at 8:30 a.m. Here's all of @DenverChannel's previous stories on this case: http://bit.ly/2TWNbXT . As a reminder, #KelseyBerreth's body has not been found, as of this morning.
5:26 AM - 24 May 2019

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Patrick Frazee the man accused of beating his Woodland Park fiancé, Kelsey Berreth to death will be in court today. There’s a possibility he will enter a plea. Frazee faces multiple felony charges for the presumed death of Berreth. I’ll be tweeting updates at they come @FOX21News
5:37 AM - 24 May 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Last edited:
Any bets as to the number of words we will hear from his mouth? Not guilty is two. The judge will probably ask him if he understands the charges for a "yes" if he does. If he adds a "Your Honor" or "Sir" to the "yes" that is a few more.

I am going with seven. One "not guilty", one "yes sir", one "yes, Your Honor" in some mixture. We know he shall show respect to the judge right...? :)

If this actually proceeds today that is...

If I win our betting pool, should anyone join this pool and bet, please send the proceeds to:

Baby Berreth.

:)

Sam's awake, lol! :)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
NEW TODAY: Patrick Frazee is due in court this morning for his arraignment, where he’s expected to enter a plea. I’m on my way to Cripple Creek and will tweet updates from inside the courtroom here. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
6:34 AM - 24 May 2019

That is why I checked lol, thought he might be on headed for the courthouse and tweeting early.

Watching Jean Casaras (sp?) right now on HLN about JP sentencing.

Looking forward to both of these hearings today.

ETA: This one imo will not be a short one, JP I mean. Both families get to speak if so wished as does the judge.

PF's will be much shorter, imo.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Good morning, everyone. I'm in Cripple Creek this morning, covering the arraignment of Patrick Frazee, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his fiancee, Kelsey Berreth. Follow along for updates throughout the morning. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
D7Vd-PXUwAAymvT.jpg

7:25 AM - 24 May 2019

Kolby Crossley on Twitter
Patrick Frazee has arrived for his arraignment hearing scheduled to start at 8:30am. I will be tweeting live updates. Also tune into @KRDONC13 for full coverage. #Frazee #KelseyBerreth
D7VehyYXoAYUrk0.jpg

7:28 AM - 24 May 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
VIDEO: #PatrickFrazee just made his way into the courthouse. I'll be live tweeting from the courtroom. We'll also have an update on @KKTV11News at noon.
7:30 AM - 24 May 2019

Shayla Girardin on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: Patrick Frazee arrives at the Teller County Courthouse for today’s appearance. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
D7Ve_l8XoAMf1zX.jpg

7:30 AM - 24 May 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee was just led into a side door of the courthouse. His hearing won't start for another hour, but when it does, I'll try to provide as many updates as possible. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
D7VfKGiUEAAUJAE.jpg

7:31 AM - 24 May 2019

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
I highly doubt it. She wasn’t at the first-scheduled arraignment. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
8:45 AM - 24 May 2019

Sam Kraemer added,
EK on Twitter
Replying to @SamKraemerTV @KOAA
Any chance Krystal Kenney will be there?
8:34 AM - 24 May 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
It’s been awhile since the last hearing. If you need to get caught up, check out this digital piece we did back in March. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
8:47 AM - 24 May 2019

HLN on Twitter
VIDEO in front of the courthouse: After a delay for more forensic testing, Patrick Frazee, accused of beating the mother of his child to death with a baseball bat, is expected to enter a plea in a Colorado court today. But as Scott McLean reports, what that plea will be is anyone's guess.
8:01 AM - 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member