CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she has an outside love interest with her busy schedule, I want to know how she managed it. Maybe waved at the same driver on her long commute every day?

Just a hunch that if either had another relationship going, it would more likely be him.

IDK if he did....wouldn't necessarily be surprised (though kinda surprised it hasn't leaked out yet if he did).

jmo
My thinking has been that this relationship was on its last legs, if it wasn’t altogether over at the point she disappeared.

Another love interest could be in play, but I’m not sure that things suddenly changed on account of this third party.

I still think that this all comes down to the child.

I could certainly be wrong on this.

My thinking has been that this relationship was on its last legs, if it wasn’t altogether over at the point she disappeared.

Another love interest could be in play, but I’m not sure that things suddenly changed on account of this third party.

I still think that this all comes down to the child.

I could certainly be wrong on this.
What if a plain ol' argument ensued, turned violent, and ended horribly? Couldn't it be something as straight foward as that....with the bonus of a long weekend for cover up?

Not sure we need a complicated motive?

jmo

We haven't been told where KB lived prior to May, 2018 when the townhouse was purchased and I think we don't know because it is key to the investigation.
I think child care dictated where she lived. JMO

Oh, for some reason I thought I saw something where her cousin said in an interview she moved there in 2016....I’ll have to see if I can find it....

What if a plain ol' argument ensued, turned violent, and ended horribly? Couldn't it be something as straight foward as that....with the bonus of a long weekend for cover up?

Not sure we need a complicated motive?

jmo
Absolutely possible. When I say that the child could have been the motive, it doesn’t mean that what happened to Kelsey was premeditated.

That could have been an element of an argument that escalated.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for what you said here. I have put a lot of energy into staying objective, in a neutral place, since I started to follow this closely. PF is the primary POI in this case, for many reasons. He's the logical choice. However, the lack of firm facts, from so few sources and with so much conflicting information out there, it is almost impossible for me to venture down the path so many seem to be on. I am not near convinced he is guilty of anything at this point. He has chosen to do or not do things that most of the country disagrees with. He is not speaking to LE, the media, he isn't showing up at conferences or orgainizing searches for KB. Simply put, he isnt doing what everyone wants him to do. People don't like that. We have to remember, he is taking care of a baby through all of this. He does have to continue working to provide for those he's responsible for through all of this. For all we know, despite what anyone thinks they know, maybe he was used to KB vanishing for days at a time without contacting anyone. Maybe she has personal issues that would drive this behavior. Maybe PF is keeping quiet to avoid making very personal things public, out of respect for the people in his life. We dont know! The things he has chosen to do or not do, say or not say, things that make him seem guilty of something, are things that I consider to be logical and safe. He has been able to keep the child out of the spotlight. He has likely been able to continue working to some degree. He doesnt have to worry about anyone spinning every word he speaks. I have to say, if I knew I had nothing to do with the disappearance, I would do much of the same.
I will go back to what I have said many times, there isn't enough, without a doubt information about anything, to put me on one side of the fence or another. I just hope LE doesn't have blinders on, focused on something that may not be. There has to be other possibilities they are looking into. Who knows?

I would agree with a part of what you said. I, too, feel that Kelsey might have had some prior issues and that perhaps it would be more honest to disclose them that keep silent because it is not productive at this point. And also - no one is perfect, and I, for one, would respect people more for their struggles, their hard work to get better, than for how perfect and wholesome they really are.

Still, it looks to me that PF is thinking of himself and his kid, but not of KB at all. If he is not culpable, all the more so, share what you know.

His relationship with KB might be spoiled, he might be upset, angry, jealous. He might honestly be past this relationship. But KB is the mother of his child. He would not have this baby if it were not for her. And for this reason, he has to talk to LE. Otherwise, you can cover PF's portrait with all good words, "logical", "responsible", "working", "safe", and we can cross it all out and stamp, in bold letters, "egotistical".

Also - he either knows she is not alive and hence thinks it doesn't matter, or he does not know. And if he doesn't - merely the thought of your child's mother being in the hands of some perv? And you are playing it logical and safe? No way.

Apparently KB & PF had an on/off relationship (but has not been confirmed).

Maybe KB was seeing other people but never ruled out making things work with PF? Perhaps KB had been the one “carrying” PF and the baby financially and was hoping he’d get his finances in order. KB’s mother mentioned things not going to plan because of PF’s finances.

A possibility is that she was actively dating when PF had the baby in his custody. She could have met someone online given that she was very busy with work and being a mom. It’s also possible that PF was jealous because of this. I could see PF feeling “emasculated” and getting jealous of KB possibly dating other people while leaving him with a baby and complaining about him not making enough money.

Without hearing more about KB from LE, it’s very hard to speculate since there are so many possibilities.

Last edited:
I'm not sure KB and her mom texted each other. I'm thinking they called each other and spoke on the phone. That's a hunch, not fact. It's easier to send a text from someone's phone pretending to be that person, but you can't fake a phone call - hence, mom wasn't contacted.

jmo, hunch
exactly...

I would agree with a part of what you said. I, too, feel that Kelsey might have had some prior issues and that perhaps it would be more honest to disclose them that keep silent because it is not productive at this point. And also - no one is perfect, and I, for one, would respect people more for their struggles, their hard work to get better, than for how perfect and wholesome they really are.

Still, it looks to me that PF is thinking of himself and his kid, but not of KB at all. If he is not culpable, all the more so, share what you know.

His relationship with KB might be spoiled, he might be upset, angry, jealous. He might honestly be past this relationship. But KB is the mother of his child. He would not have this baby if it were not for her. And for this reason, he has to talk to LE. Otherwise, you can cover PF's portrait with all good words, "logical", "responsible", "working", "safe", and we can cross it all out and stamp, in bold letters, "egotistical".

Also - he either knows she is not alive and hence thinks it doesn't matter, or he does not know. And if he doesn't - merely the thought of your child's mother being in the hands of some perv? And you are playing it logical and safe? No way.
Exactly. The most bothersome part for me is the way he has handled the search for her. Namely, doing absolutely nothing.

He didn’t report her missing, that’s bad.

But making no effort to find her in the early days, after the report was filed, doesn’t make a lot of sense.

At a bare minimum he’s only concerned about himself.

That’s the worst part, and the most telling part.

Oh, for some reason I thought I saw something where her cousin said in an interview she moved there in 2016....I’ll have to see if I can find it....

She bought the townhouse in May 2018 and prior to that, from 2016-2018, all I can see is a PO Box in Florissant, CO. Assuming she rented or lived with someone...

Absolutely possible. When I say that the child could have been the motive, it doesn’t mean that what happened to Kelsey was premeditated.

That could have been an element of an argument that escalated.
I'm on the fence. Most of the time I think it was a domestic situation that escalated and ended in her death.

But then, I consider the long weekend with the perfect opportunity for cover up....and I wonder if it was indeed planned.

IDK.

jmo

I believe I’ve read within the threads that KB and PF lived approximately 15 min apart, yet separate towns. If I understand correctly PF lives in a rural area? In many rural areas residents have no other option other than a PO Box to receive mail from USPS. I think it’s been posted that KB had a postal address with a PO Box in the town that PF resides in? That leads me to wonder if at one point KB may have been living at PF’s residence?? If so, when and why did the change occur?

Either or both could have outside love interests ... an unseen player, that harmed her
Definitely possible.

I'm starting to think PF & KB's relationship at this point was to only co-parent the child. It may not have been known to the public or family but I consider that a possibility. If PF harmed her it would most likely be something to do with caring for K or KB moving away with K or along those lines. If someone else harmed her the reason is less apparent to me.

A lot of (potential) killers don’t seem “creepy.”

It’s by no means a requirement.
which is so utterly terrifying. you could think a guy is nice and good looking -- i'll admit strictly on looks alone if i didn't know them, i'd think chris watts and ted bundy were quite handsome...and well, exhibit a and b that evil can be wrapped up in a pretty package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishman