CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the last known person to see Kelsey—perhaps even at his own house—PF has and knows critical information that could help LE know what happened to her. Instead, PF is giving everyone the F you middle finger and saying talk to my attorney and get a warrant if you want to TRY and look, dig and figure out what happened. Think about that.

Makes sense

Exercising his civil rights ... does not make him guilty of a crime that has not been asserted, with no evidence a crime has even occurred.

He does not even have a compelling reason to jump into an investigation.

Yes, he knows something

Yes, if he did not harm her, he likely suspects who did.

If he harmed her, I hope his conscience compels him to seek admission.

The police, through his attorney, can ask questions about the last time he saw her.

The police can charge him with a crime, arrest him, and ask all the questions they want.

LE is not without options here.

Taking a poll

Where do you think the crime scene is?

(A) Idaho
(B) KB townhouse
(C) PF ranch
(D) Somewhere between B & C
(E) There is not one yet, cause there is no evidence of a crime ... just a missing person

(G) Somewhere not named. I think PF picked her up for dinner, probably killed her in his truck or whatever vehicle they were in. Her body is anywhere between CO and Idaho, probably Idaho.

ETA: MOO

I know we cannot sleuth her but I’d love to hear from PF’s mom. Being that he lived with her (I read she’s disabled but no I don’t have a link for that so take it with a grain of salt) and she sometimes took care of the baby? Sorry, not trying to start rumors, please let me know if what I read was rumor if you know.

I’d love to know if she’s been cooperative with LE. Mostly to find out if LE knows if he was out of town during the Gooding phone ping. Would PF’s attorney also tell her not to talk to investigators? I imagine if your son is lawyered up and not talking it may be a given that you’re not supposed to talk either.

I’m just still too stunned that he didn’t report her missing to even consider him innocent at this point. If he was, he would surely expect his baby’s mother to come around for the sake of the baby, who would be missing her and possibly acting out (being fussy, clingy, etc) due to not knowing where her Mama went. I’d think the only reason he wouldn’t want his child to have that familiar security is because he knows Mama is gone for good. You could argue that if she indeed broke up with him on Thanksgiving that he was too peeved or upset to care about where she was if he was innocent...but then again being that peeved or upset also gives him a motive to have disappeared Kelsey.

Personally, IMO and all that, I believe that if she broke up with him that he knew it was for good (no more pussyfooting around the issue that they weren’t moving toward marriage) and likely Kelsey may have indeed told him she was moving back to be near her family and expected to take the baby with her. As we know custody disputes or arguments have often led to the ugliest of crimes.

I just hope the baby is truly safe with him in the meantime since it seems there is no legal way to protect her until more incriminating evidence comes to light. Which I pray to God they can uncover.

(Sorry dude, if you’re perfectly innocent. But you sure look like a duck).

If she did meet with foul play, Inmo there is some obstruction of Justice going on here. Based on observations surrounding this case. Anyone who could be involved should worry. The FBI isn't playing tiddly Winks.
I agree with you. There is no doubt if someone abducted her or harmed her that they would take steps to avoid being detected. That would definitely include advancing a false cover story that would delay the investigation from even starting.

I still lean toward the involvement of PF or another person known to her (assuming there are some we don’t know about). However, if she did (hypothetically) leave with another party—even voluntarily at first—it seems to me something went wrong during her journey. I think it’s more likely she came to harm than it is she’s hiding in some mountain cabin.

We really need to know what video footage they can find of her or of PF and what info exists about his movements if we want to develop a strong theory. Perhaps if the search didn’t turn up anything, LE will release more info to the public to try to stir up new leads.

Listen, I do think she met with foul play.

But people smack in the middle of vulnerable situations, or experiencing great emotional stress, frequently don’t do things the way “most people” would do them.

If a person is angry or depressed or feeling threatened, for example, the last thing on their mind might be whether they bagged up the last 2 leftover cinnamon rolls.

Instead, let’s try to flip the situation around, in order for her to have left on her own, she would have to have a. access to another form of transportation (ride share, Uber, Lyft, Taxi, train, bus, a friend), b. A duffle bag her brother didn’t know about, c. makeup and a toothbrush other than what her brother found at her house, d. A reason to leave and not tell anyone.

I think it’s possible she could’ve had A-C and, based on public information, we aren’t sure about D.

I think she has met with foul play, probably by a person known to her, but this could still go any number of ways.
Put that together with the fact that she is a mother of a small child, has been described as 'responsible' and in fact has demonstrated that she is 'responsible' by holding down a job with a long commute, has a strong faith, has no history of falling off the grid, and has loving family. Add in her 'fiance' who was the last to see her, but did not bother to report her missing after 10 days, two mysterious texts, but none to her mother, and it all points in one direction. IMHO.

We've seen many cases where folks have travelled long distances and were never seen, but most of the time when law enforcement wants to identify somebody traveling a long distance, it is the perpetrator.

It concerns me that he hasn't had his face out there from the beginning, and makes me think that he doesn't want his face seen.

I See that in too many cases here.

I wish that I'm missing persons cases, they would include a photograph of the person that they were last seen with or at least that person would be on the media very quickly to rule them out. He has never done that. I don't even think I've seen his photograph on here except for a couple of times. Does somebody have a photograph and are we allowed to post it?
There's a brief video of reporters trying to speak to him as he's getting into a car.

He keeps baby turned away from him and also his face is down and also turned away from them.
That's the only time his face was shown as far as media coverage.
He's remarkable at hiding, I have to say.

Another reason the couple’s Colorado community may not seem active is because it’s involving two rural towns of her possible last whereabouts, unlike Mollie Tibbetts, and covers a large amount of space.

In fact, Colorado is still getting over the famous Watts case and people across the state may feel burnt out.

It’s important to keep in mind that people are very different. Communities are also very different socioeconomically. Many communities have different cultural norms and different financial resources. Just look at our posters. I’ve seen people post very different opinions based on “traditional parental roles” in the last few threads.

If someone goes missing in either San Francisco, Greenwich (Connecticut), rural Arkansas, or rural Georgia, communities are going to look different in how they react.

In fact, some communities of Chicago would appear to react differently based on which neighborhood a person went missing e.g. a wealthy area with low crime or a poor area with high crime.

Last edited:
I’m curious about that. Because what if you have no cell phone service but are connecting through WiFi only? I would assume no ping would register, since it’s not connecting to a tower? And how does LTE network work? For example, last night I turned off my WiFi on my phone, so I was only using LTE for data/internet. My IP search showed me in a different state, 1.5 hours away. Does the LTE server sit that much further away from the cell towers? I wonder if my phone would ping at my actual location, or 1.5 hours away like the IP showed.

When you connect to Wi-Fi, it shows where your connection is through the service provider. That is not the same thing as a ping. Mine is in another state also.

Right. She supposedly was going to see her grandma, right?, yet none of her relatives were aware of that. Where is the grandma that PF says Kelsey was going to visit? Just call her up and ask, “Did Kelsey say she was coming to see you?” How friggin hard is that?!
Agreed.
LE has probably done just that and covered other options as well.... hence the property search. Imo.
There's been plenty of time to cover anything that needed to be erased; again MOO.

I know we cannot sleuth her but I’d love to hear from PF’s mom. Being that he lived with her (I read she’s disabled but no I don’t have a link for that so take it with a grain of salt) and she sometimes took care of the baby? Sorry, not trying to start rumors, please let me know if what I read was rumor if you know.

I’d love to know if she’s been cooperative with LE. Mostly to find out if LE knows if he was out of town during the Gooding phone ping. Would PF’s attorney also tell her not to talk to investigators? I imagine if your son is lawyered up and not talking it may be a given that you’re not supposed to talk either.

I’m just still too stunned that he didn’t report her missing to even consider him innocent at this point. If he was, he would surely expect his baby’s mother to come around for the sake of the baby, who would be missing her and possibly acting out (being fussy, clingy, etc) due to not knowing where her Mama went. I’d think the only reason he wouldn’t want his child to have that familiar security is because he knows Mama is gone for good. You could argue that if she indeed broke up with him on Thanksgiving that he was too peeved or upset to care about where she was if he was innocent...but then again being that peeved or upset also gives him a motive to have disappeared Kelsey.

Personally, IMO and all that, I believe that if she broke up with him that he knew it was for good (no more pussyfooting around the issue that they weren’t moving toward marriage) and likely Kelsey may have indeed told him she was moving back to be near her family and expected to take the baby with her. As we know custody disputes or arguments have often led to the ugliest of crimes.

I just hope the baby is truly safe with him in the meantime since it seems there is no legal way to protect her until more incriminating evidence comes to light. Which I pray to God they can uncover.

(Sorry dude, if you’re perfectly innocent. But you sure look like a duck).

Well argued!

Makes sense

We've seen many cases where folks have travelled long distances and were never seen, but most of the time when law enforcement wants to identify somebody traveling a long distance, it is the perpetrator.

It concerns me that he hasn't had his face out there from the beginning, and makes me think that he doesn't want his face seen.

I See that in too many cases here.

I wish that I'm missing persons cases, they would include a photograph of the person that they were last seen with or at least that person would be on the media very quickly to rule them out. He has never done that. I don't even think I've seen his photograph on here except for a couple of times. Does somebody have a photograph and are we allowed to post it?

FBI investigators search the home of the fiance of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth | Daily Mail Online

berreth4_1544811354025_25409785_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

PHOTOS: The Disappearance of Kelsey Berreth

New information released on case of missing mother whose phone was last pinged in Idaho | East Idaho News

I mean how in the world would they know where to search if the last person to see her won't sit down with investigators and answer questions?
MOO

I guess LE would search a certain area, or certain areas, based on evidence obtained during their investigation. So far the only search we know about is the search on the property PF lives on. I don't think anyone else know where exactly to start searching. It's truly a shame it's been this long and someone that could help doesn't seem to be.

Put that together with the fact that she is a mother of a small child, has been described as 'responsible' and in fact has demonstrated that she is 'responsible' by holding down a job with a long commute, has a strong faith, has no history of falling off the grid, and has loving family. Add in her 'fiance' who was the last to see her, but did not bother to report her missing after 10 days, two mysterious texts, but none to her mother, and it all points in one direction. IMHO.

Very compelling

Well summarized

I so pray we do find her unharmed

There's a brief video of reporters trying to speak to him as he's getting into a car.

He keeps baby turned away from him and also his face is down and also turned away from them.
That's the only time his face was shown as far as media coverage.
He's remarkable at hiding, I have to say.
Remarkable at hiding in public but did PF have a strong online presence? A fraud. I think he's a coward. I hope anyway. Anyone can snap under pressure, sure. He may have threatened to harm the baby if KB ever resurfaced. He holds a lot of cards if so and there's always that small chance she was forced to bolt or had assistance leaving the country. Even if to Canada, not far from her folks or her family in Washington. MOO

I agree that this is the most likely direction.:)

But I just can’t shake that even responsible people sometimes act erratically under strain, so I don’t feel comfortable shutting the door on other possibilities until we have evidence of a struggle with PF; video that sheds some light on her or his movements; or more info on the explanation PF gave her famIly and LE (through his lawyer).

There’s no body, no blood, no criminal record, and no one coming forward to testify he’s violent. If they find some evidence in his truck, that all changes. But if, instead, the search turns up nothing... I think we have to keep our eyes on several possibilities.

I owned and operated a flight school for many years. The flight instructors I hired were brilliant, healthy in mind and body, and very career-driven.
My point is - when you embark on a future in commercial flying you have to LOVE flying and be willing and strong enough to make the sacrifices. I ended up in an aviation “business” career (rather than commercial flying) because I was a single parent with a non-supportive partner. I have so much respect for Kelsey! Based on everything I’ve read she did everything right. She was working hard to succeed at a career she loved, she had a beautiful baby daughter she adored, she was co-parenting with a caring, involved partner. That is... as far as we know, and more than likely as far as she knew, until Thanksgiving. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member