CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think DA May was going to pursue the estate conflict in depth because it doesn't seem relevant to the murder and the jury will already have enough relevant sordid details to wade through.

The only way it could possibly be relevant is if the defense wanted to claim SF2 would lie to incriminate PF because they're at odds about the estate and I don't think the defense is foolish enough to try that on.

Agree. DA May planted the seed of financial trouble and bank default as motive to be rid of KB. Proof of the motive not required to convict. Actually, not even a motive for murder is required. Jury either believes PF killed KB or they do not.

MOO

She might have been there for opening - anyone remember ? But she would need to be called IMO if the DA is going to explore her fathers estate and the fight over it he alluded to

She's been in court for testimony. So I'd assume this means she is not on the witness list.

And no, CB hasn't been in court since the first day. I don't blame her.

Agree, and the stupid fools didn't think to take a hay bale or two, that was obviously damaged by the tote, and burn at least that one. I'm glad they didn't, though.

So sorry for the Berreth's having to hear this.

This cheap wad didn't even burn his clothes. (a grey tshirt & jeans)

You think he's going to burn an $80-100 bale.

I didn't think DA May was going to pursue the estate conflict in depth because it doesn't seem relevant to the murder and the jury will already have enough relevant sordid details to wade through.

I agree that he won't want to explore this in depth.
DA May just wanted it on the record, and he wanted it in the jurors' minds.

It's tangential to the case, but I think DA May thinks it's relevant nonetheless.

I think the prosecution is going to fold that estate conflict into the overall financial motive that I anticipate the DA is going to present as one of the reasons PF murdered KB.

That estate battle will be a very small part of the HIS money/HIS daughter/HIS motive presentation during closing argument.

It will be mentioned, along w/ the default on the 70k loan, but more focus will likely be placed on those child support payments that PF was in arrears on and other monetary issues r/t KB.

JMO.

Last edited:
Agree. And I’m wondering if he said truthful statement when he started beating her. I bet he did. However, he covered Kelsey’s eyes. Anyways, we will never know what was said.
Yeah, I don't even like to think about that. I had hoped she never knew what was coming and was unconscious after the first blow, but that was not the case, after all.

She's been in court for testimony. So I'd assume this means she is not on the witness list.

And no, CB hasn't been in court since the first day. I don't blame her.

This cheap wad didn't even burn his clothes. (a grey tshirt & jeans)

You think he's going to burn an $80-100 bale.
Thanks - poor CB but she has that sweet little girl to play with and I hope it stays this way

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, I think it was very much a Norman Bates/Mrs. Bates relationship. I don't think she needed him there and I don't think she was pleasant to live with, but I also think he preferred 'squatting' there and playing rodeo cowboy/rancher romeo to leaving home and having to support himself.
I have been thinking the same thing (Bates reference) for weeks. Glad I’m not the only one!

I thought EF was there earlier, perhaps on the first day or so of the trial, when SF2 testified. If she was in the courtroom, it meant she wasn't going to be called as a witness. I thought she was in the room when CB testified that SF called KB a 'hooker'.
I'm not sure which day but I recall reports of EF being in the courtroom during the trial. MOO

I thought EF was there earlier, perhaps on the first day or so of the trial, when SF2 testified. If she was in the courtroom, it meant she wasn't going to be called as a witness. I thought she was in the room when CB testified that SF called KB a 'hooker'.
Ok, thanks. Maybe she hasn't been there since. I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not sure which day but I recall reports of EF being in the courtroom during the trial. MOO

We also heard from ex-CBI fire investigator who suggested grisly cause of oil stain in dirt at #PatrickFrazee’s ranch : Oil from melted human fat. He acknowledged he can’t prove it, though. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

That oil stain was right next to mass of melted plastic that authorities say held #KelseyBerreth’s remains. #PatrickFrazee @csgazette

Lance Benzel on Twitter

I sincerely hope it's the oil from the quart KK said PF poured on the fire to further accelerate it...not much fat on little KB, right?

I'd like her to answer the question why she was using burner phones.
Agree. DA May planted the seed of financial trouble and bank default as motive to be rid of KB. Proof of the motive not required to convict. Actually, not even a motive for murder is required. Jury either believes PF killed KB or they do not.

MOO

This. He was embroiled in an estate squabble, had just defaulted on a $70K loan and apparently had complained about the cost of providing medical for Baby K - and that's aside from any potential child support payments KB might have won in a custody dispute. I also didn't get the impression that Ma Frazee was able or willing to provide free daycare.

I would like to know if that $70K loan was secured, and if so, what the collateral was.

eta: I see Gordian Knot beat me to it and has already made these points!

I shudder to think what would have happened if his child had became an inconvenience to him.

I think eventually she would have become an inconvenience. I suspect Ma F. would have done most of the care-giving and raising of Little K. I can't see PF dealing with dirty diapers, or any mess that comes with raising kids.

Once Little K started having opinions of her own, and they began fighting, who knows what would happen?

JMVHO.

I sincerely hope it's the oil from the quart KK said PF poured on the fire to further accelerate it...not much fat on little KB, right?
I very much pray that oily substance is part of Kelsey's remains so her mother is confident that was her cremation site.

ETA: I hope CB has gone onto the property and knelt in prayer there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member