CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t know how the jury couldn’t find PF guilty.
Me either @Tippy Lynn - and you worked so hard on the timeline for us -I’ve been meaning to go back to it and check the testimony and evidence - I did start back on thread 1 - still amazes me how much many sleuthers got right within the first few days -IMO

Kelsey Berreth murder case: DNA testing on key pieces of evidence provides mixed results – The Denver Post

SABBM:

DNA testing on two key pieces of evidence in the murder trial of Patrick Frazee did not result in a match with the Florissant rancher’s alleged victim and former fiancée, Kelsey Berreth.

A sample of discolored hay from the Teller County barn where prosecutors’ key witness said Frazee hid Berreth’s body tested negative for human blood and for any trace of human DNA, an analyst from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation testified Wednesday.
The tooth recovered from Frazee’s ranch – near where he allegedly burned Berreth’s body – was identified as human, but analysts could not draw a DNA profile from the fragment or match it to a person.

THIS surprises me!

Kelsey Berreth murder case: DNA testing on key pieces of evidence provides mixed results – The Denver Post

SABBM:

DNA testing on two key pieces of evidence in the murder trial of Patrick Frazee did not result in a match with the Florissant rancher’s alleged victim and former fiancée, Kelsey Berreth.

A sample of discolored hay from the Teller County barn where prosecutors’ key witness said Frazee hid Berreth’s body tested negative for human blood and for any trace of human DNA, an analyst from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation testified Wednesday.
The tooth recovered from Frazee’s ranch – near where he allegedly burned Berreth’s body – was identified as human, but analysts could not draw a DNA profile from the fragment or match it to a person.
This is big for the defense. On the hay stack...no human dna and no blood.:(

From the article you posted:
“Prosecutors have presented little physical evidence in the three weeks of trial that definitively ties Frazee to the death of Berreth.”

Yikes! That’s her take?

ETA I pray it’s not the jury’s take!
That’s the way it is though. Sad. Hope jury isn’t hung.

Me either @Tippy Lynn - and you worked so hard on the timeline for us -I’ve been meaning to go back to it and check the testimony and evidence - I did start back on thread 1 - still amazes me how much many sleuthers got right within the first few days -IMO

I don’t have as good of a memory as some of you in here. I thought I had a fairly decent memory until I joined WS...LOL! I don’t know how some of you remember so much. The timeline came in handy for me over the last year.

The hay was discolored, and still had dog hits on it.

Coupled with that incriminating jailhouse call made by PF (in which he expressed concern as to if law enforcement had searched the barn), there’s still corroboration there.

It would have been nice, but it’s not like it damaged the prosecution’s case. It just didn’t help as much as it had the potential to.

“Prosecutors have presented little physical evidence in the three weeks of trial that definitively ties Frazee to the death of Berreth.”

Yikes! That’s her take?

Creative ways to get clicks.

ETA:
Any reasonable reporter could see that there is a plethora of solid evidence in this case.

Taking an alternative view to the facts can be an attention-getter but doesn't instill much faith in her reporting ability.

Last edited:
I’m not that worried about the hay bale testing - remember we don’t know if the tote even had holes (I don’t think it did) so it wasn’t leaking apparently but I do wonder if it rained or snowed and that’s what caused the outline ? I know someone upthread mentioned mold so perhaps a combo ? No matter what IMO the tote was there and proven by the physical evidence and KKs testimony - and it was in his truck - and I don’t think that’s a leap at all for the jury to believe the tote had her body it was on the hay bale and then burned up in his yard
JMO
ETA I don’t know if the barn would allow snow or rain to go through the roof but I think so

Yikes! That’s her take?

The prosecution presented a HUGE amount of circumstantial evidence though and IMO the defense doesn’t have much.

Just a stain in almost the exact shape of
the tote KK said was
placed there by Patrick,
(had been seen earlier in his truck on video,)
in the barn he was leasing,
15 feet in the air,
on a bale of hay,
where a perfect cadaver dog hit.

DNA would have been nice but I'll take that!

Even a dummy like Patrick Frazee couldn't have luck this bad.

ETA: "perfect" from a contributor!

Last edited:
I don’t have as good of a memory as some of you in here. I thought I had a fairly decent memory until I joined WS...LOL! I don’t know how some of you remember so much. The timeline came in handy for me over the last year.

You did a fantastic job on the timeline! It was really helpful. Thank you for doing it!!

Jennifer Meckles‏Verified account @jennifermeckles
We're on lunch break now, testimony resumes at 12:30. Judge has noted that trial is well-ahead of schedule. He advised jurors that we could hear closing arguments as early as Friday in this case (originally expected this trial to last through 11/22/19)

10:40 AM - 13 Nov 2019

Previous witnesses have testified that Patrick claimed Kelsey was an unfit mother, who abused her daughter and gave up custody. Kelseys co-workers said the complete opposite: Testified Kelsey was a devoted mother, and when they met baby in person, she seemed happy and healthy

Some of Kelsey’s co-workers also testified that they knew she took some time off in August 2018 to attend a program out of state. They understood this to be rehabilitation for chronic-fatigue or stress management, not substance abuse.

We heard from those 2 HR employees & several co-workers of Kelsey’s (all flight instructors too) who all testified they saw no evidence that Kelsey struggled with any kind of substance abuse. One coworker said Kelsey didn’t drink at all, at one point when he knew her.

HR employee also mentioned life insurance policy Kelsey had with Doss, w/ Patrick as her beneficiary. However, Doss was transitioning to new benefits company around the time Kelsey disappeared, & HR said Kelsey never completed new enrollment, so, there was no new policy ^^ bbm

Other witnesses have testified that Patrick told them Kelsey had issues with alcohol and drugs. These HR employees who worked w/ Kelsey at Doss testified that they had no evidence of that. Part of her hiring at Doss required a drug test, they said.

Next we hear from 2 human resource employees, both used to work at Doss Aviation (where Kelsey worked). They testify that Kelsey moved from full-time to part-time shortly before she went missing. Both said there were conversations about impact that would have on health benefits.

First witness handles records for Teller County waste. She says no record of trash put out at Kelsey’s Woodland Park condo from the week of Thanksgiving 2018 (week she was allegedly killed) until late December 2018 (12/21/18).

10:40 AM - 13 Nov 201

Testimony continues today in the #KelseyBerreth murder trial. We are well into the long list of witnesses called by the prosecution. Today is day 8 for witness testimony, judge comments that we've heard from 60+ already #9news

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Judge Scott Sells also informed Frazee of his right to testify if he so chooses. He won’t have to decide on that until Friday. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

10:44 AM - 13 Nov 2019

SK reply: What was PF's reaction to this?

Sam Kraemer Retweeted ***

Frazee responded “yes sir” and “I do” to the appropriate questions

11:06 AM - 13 Nov 2019

SK reply: Sam, what is the demeanor and body language of Kelsey’s mom as she watches this trial unfold?

Sam Kraemer Retweeted ****

She isn’t here. She left after her final day of testimony

11:06 AM - 13 Nov 2019

God Bless CB. Good decision on her part. Her husband and son are doing it for her and Kelsey. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa