GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
w
Personality disorders cannot be cured. What you described there is ASPD, not NPD. If a person meets a certain number of specific personality traits, they can be diagnosed as having the full blown personality disorder. However, traits overlap and you could have someone diagnosed with one PD who also has strong traits of another (or several). Then there's the never ending debate about psychopath vs anti social (sociopath). Robert Hare, who devised the test for psychopathy, says all psychopaths are ASPD but not all ASPDs are psychopaths. We can be sure that PF is ASPD (classic!) and that monster kid you described would be, too. The common trait with the cluster Bs is lack of empathy.

What to do with these "people"? They masquerade as humans but I'm not sure they are.

Some of them are exactly where they need to be - in prison. Who knows how many are out in society, looking for their next target/victim? They walk in our midst pretending to be normal. Some don't have criminal records. I've met a few in my lifetime. Most people probably have.

I tend to think that Hare is probably correct that all psychopaths are ASPD but not all ASPD's are psychopaths. Completely agree that traits can overlap in the PD's in the Cluster B spectrum and I think that this is the kind of person that Kelsey, Shanann Watts and Laci Peterson were each dealing with. Perhaps it's a combination of extreme NPD along with ASPD. I really don't know, other than I know that it's most definitely Cluster B. I think it is possible that one or more of these ladies eventually began to sense that something was off with their partners, but I don't think they were able to really put their finger on precisely what was wrong. If they had known just what was wrong and the kind of danger their babies and they were in, they would have been out the door immediately, and those babies would have been protected.

It's all so tragic and senseless. But for SP, CW and PF, there was never any empathy in them and there is no genuine remorse from what I've seen. In each of these cases, LE figured them out almost immediately and they worked the cases until they were able to rip off their masks and expose them to the world for who they really are. That may have been more painful for these monsters than having to spend the rest of their sorry lives in prison.

All JMO.

I guess I have the same question you do. Can narcs ever really be helped?

When I was about eight years old, my parents invited one of my father's associates and his wife to our home for dinner. They brought their six year-old son with them. He was an only child.

We were eating dinner and the kid got up and went into our laundry room and was in there for a while, laughing and giggling. He then came out to show us what he had done. He had removed some sticks from a broomstick that was in the laundry room and then he used those sticks to impale our goldfish who were in a bowl on a shelf in the laundry room.

He was absolutely delighted with what he had done and he thought it was funny that the fish were still trying to flip around. It was awful and my sisters and I were all crying hysterically over it. This kind of thing was not his first trip to the rodeo, and his parents soon had him seeing a child psychologist.

That did not help. A few years later, as a juvenile, he set fire to a house and a man was killed. Many other offenses landed him in multiple prisons and he's now in prison or life for kidnapping and sexual assault. I've suspected he may actually be a psychopath, but Cluster B runs in a spectrum from what I understand. It is very scary.
OMGoodness!! I can't even wrap my head around a six year old doing something like that. Obviously it was a "sign" of things to come :( How is a six year old THAT messed up?? Scary or what???

While we anxiously await KK getting her three years in the clink (cross your fingers), here's a great interview that discusses the differences between psychopath and sociopath/ASPD:
@srg @NoSI

@Artis.... Thank you so much for this video! He definitely knows what he is talking about. Really appreciate it. Very excellent information. :)

@Artis.... Thank you so much for this video! He definitely knows what he is talking about. Really appreciate it. Very excellent information. :)

You're so welcome! His name is Todd Grande and his Youtube channel is excellent! I recommend checking it out and subscribing. You'll probably end up binge watching his videos and he has TONS of them.

I agree and I also want to thank Artis for posting this. Very, very interesting indeed and it is very pertinent to a lot of what we see in the perps who cause the damage in the cases we read about and discuss here on Websleuths. I've seen several other videos he has made but I somehow missed this one.

I also really like the woman who is interviewing him. She made a video right after Chris Watts murdered Shanann, his unborn son and his little daughters that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. She absolutely nailed what was wrong with CW and why Shanann became his victim, IMO.

You're so welcome! His name is Todd Grande and his Youtube channel is excellent! I recommend checking it out and subscribing. You'll probably end up binge watching his videos and he has TONS of them.

Thank you for posting this video, Artis. I've watched many of his videos, but I somehow missed this one. I think he is the very best I've ever seen at explaining this complicated subject matter.

I agree and I also want to thank Artis for posting this. Very, very interesting indeed and it is very pertinent to a lot of what we see in the perps who cause the damage in the cases we read about and discuss here on Websleuths. I've seen several other videos he has made but I somehow missed this one.

I also really like the woman who is interviewing him. She made a video right after Chris Watts murdered Shanann, his unborn son and his little daughters that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. She absolutely nailed what was wrong with CW and why Shanann became his victim, IMO.

Oh wow @molly1255... i will need to look for that... The CW case is still very heavy on my mind... i am local to that case... well, about 40 minutes away. I think about Shannan, the precious girls, and Nico all the time. Thank you so much for letting me know about video.

@Artis... I will definetely do that. And, yes, binge watching is not foreign to me...:p I will very likely fall prey... :D:D:D Thank you so much!

I'd love to see that if you can find it.

Obviously I'm not a mental health professional but I'm really into this stuff and I can't nail CW. PF is easy, by comparison. He was an abusive, hot headed, angry a-hole his whole life. Not so with CW. SP I don't know enough about.

Oh wow @molly1255... i will need to look for that... The CW case is still very heavy on my mind... i am local to that case... well, about 40 minutes away. I think about Shannan, the precious girls, and Nico all the time. Thank you so much for letting me know about video.

@Artis... I will definetely do that. And, yes, binge watching is not foreign to me...:p I will very likely fall prey... :D:D:D Thank you so much!

Were you a verified insider on the Watts case? I think someone here was. Nobody can let go of that case. With these terrible murders, the effects are lifelong for all who loved the victims but many, at least, have legal resolution and people learned what happened. I so hope KK gets the three years so Kelsey's family can feel some sense of "justice". With CW, NK hangs out there as a huge unresolved aspect and I'm not sure we won't be hearing more about her.

Were you a verified insider on the Watts case? I think someone here was. Nobody can let go of that case. With these terrible murders, the effects are lifelong for all who loved the victims but many, at least, have legal resolution and people learned what happened. I so hope KK gets the three years so Kelsey's family can feel some sense of "justice". With CW, NK hangs out there as a huge unresolved aspect and I'm not sure we won't be hearing more about her.

No, I unfortunately did not know Shannan. I think it may have been @Colorado303. :) I would have loved to have known Shannan... She had such great energy and personality. Can tell from photos and from what family, friends said about her. All of them gone way too soon due to that monster... and now CW just sits in prison, no responsibilities, gets letters from a ton of women, and we get to pay for him for the rest of his life. Makes me very angry...:mad:

Yes, NK got away and probably is destroying more lives as we speak. She gave me extremely callous vibe. And, yes, i hope KK gets maximum... anything else would be another tragedy. 2 more weeks, right?

on 1/28/20 at 9am MT.
2 more weeks before her time comes May she get every damn day the judge can legally give her .i hope every day of her miserable life she sees the disgust in people’s eyes as they look at her. May every night her dreams haunt her with all the blood she cleaned . May she remember everyday the wasted piece of skin she loved wanted her dead to. May she never have a good nights sleep again.

on 1/28/20 at 9am MT.

In anticipation of Judge Sells issuing another royal Decorum Order and/or pulling the circus tent out of storage for the side piece's sentencing, I'm keeping an eye out here:

Colorado Judicial Branch

I hope Dan May pushes with all his might for the max sentence.

Even if the judge bans live coverage from the courthouse, I'm sure DA May will give a press conference at the conclusion of the sentencing.
I love his pressers...such a smart man!

It's a shame his tenure as DA is ending this year d/t term limits.

JMO.

Last edited:
No, I unfortunately did not know Shannan. I think it may have been @Colorado303. :) I would have loved to have known Shannan... She had such great energy and personality. Can tell from photos and from what family, friends said about her. All of them gone way too soon due to that monster... and now CW just sits in prison, no responsibilities, gets letters from a ton of women, and we get to pay for him for the rest of his life. Makes me very angry...:mad:

Yes, NK got away and probably is destroying more lives as we speak. She gave me extremely callous vibe. And, yes, i hope KK gets maximum... anything else would be another tragedy. 2 more weeks, right?

(Never a shortage of FA’s it seems...Look at this dirtbag. Seems he even killed the family dog:
Found Deceased - FL - Todt Family: Tony (alive), Megan, Alek, Tyler, & Zoe, in Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *Tony arrested )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500