GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
May says some defendants serve 25 percent of their sentence. His quote on #KrystalLee: “The day she walks into DOC, they’re gonna mark that down to one-and-a-half years.” @csgazette

10:51 AM - 28 Jan 2020

Even so, May says he’s disappointed by #KrystalLee’s light sentence, all the more so bc she is all but certain to serve only a fraction of it. In CO, there’s no “truth in sentencing,” and hers will be reduced to 1.5 years as soon as she is taken into custody, May says. @csgazette

10:46 AM - 28 Jan 2020

At news conference, DA Dan May defends plea deal, saying “the right person is sitting in prison,” referring to #PatrickGrazee. @csgazette

10:44 AM - 28 Jan 2020

Lee, 33, offered a tearful apology in court — one that came nowhere near excusing her action, judge said, noting that she stopped to order fast food after cleaning #KelseyBerreth’s blood from walls and floor. @csgazette

10:08 AM - 28 Jan 2020

I thinks she walks with that hobble anyway due to back issues. But the choice of shoes is bizarre.

My guess is that she was running late (she clearly didn't comb her hair either) and those were the shoes nearest the door, or she drove in her slippers and then found those were all she had in the car that were snow-worthy.

Or, it seems possible that she's trying to make some kind of bizarre statement...

Where are you guys seeing pictures????

6 On Your Side on Twitter
Minutes before she was sentenced Tuesday morning, Krystal Lee Kenney stood in front of the court and listed out apologies.
12:08 PM - 28 Jan 2020

She said she was sorry that she let her emotions and fear cloud her judgment. She said she was sorry that Kelsey Berreth's friends and family would live the rest of their lives without her.
12:08 PM - 28 Jan 2020

She said she was sorry Kaylee, Berreth's young daughter will grow up without her biological mother.
12:09 PM - 28 Jan 2020

https://twitter.com/IdahoOnYourSide/status/1222235219819806720
"I'm sorry that I did not save Kelsey," she said through tears.
Just before 11 a.m. local time, Judge Scott Sells made the decision on her sentence. "Simply saying I'm sorry is not enough," he said.
12:09 PM - 28 Jan 2020

Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel

Lee, 33, offered a tearful apology in court — one that came nowhere near excusing her action, judge said, noting that she stopped to order fast food after cleaning #KelseyBerreth’s blood from walls and floor.
@csgazette
Good on Judge Sells for bringing up the fast food!! Now I, on the other hand, would have gone one step further about all that tossing of the hair :eek: Vain creature! I'm absolutely STUNNED that her lawyer would play a video that included barrel racing?? Did she actually think that was a "good" idea?? Absolutely repulsive! I just want to run off at the mouth right now but I'll spare you all plus I don't want to get into trouble :oops:

<modsnip: off topic>

Krystal didn’t get what she deserved. I agree totally with Kelsey’s parents. And had LE done a deep investigation when they were onto her, May could have charged her with conspiracy. He isn’t on my list of favorite prosecutors.

That said, I love the judge. How did she think her tears would manipulate this judge? And I realize she might get out a lot sooner but how nice it would be if she was in maximum security with some types who aren’t happy that she helped kill a young mother for a “man”. Oh yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:
See video at the link below. There are also some ss from the video a few pages back. MOO

Josh Whitston on Twitter (Video)
#PatrickFrazee's mom is here for #KrystalLeeKenney's sentencing. Kenney faces up to 3 years as part of a plea deal for cooperating with investigators. Frazee is serving what amounts to a life sentence for killing #KelseyBerreth. @DenverChannel
9:16 AM - 28 Jan 2020

Thank you Pom Mom!! How bizarre she was there! She hobbled right in like she owns the place!

Utterly sickening. If Dan May is disappointed why did he make that deal with the devil. From most on this forum the digit evidence was huge. I still believe they could have proved him guilty without her. To think she was solicited 3 times. Went 3 times to do the deed and she will probably spend a total of 275 days is disgusting to me.
May says some defendants serve 25 percent of their sentence. His quote on #KrystalLee: “The day she walks into DOC, they’re gonna mark that down to one-and-a-half years.” @csgazette

10:51 AM - 28 Jan 2020

Even so, May says he’s disappointed by #KrystalLee’s light sentence, all the more so bc she is all but certain to serve only a fraction of it. In CO, there’s no “truth in sentencing,” and hers will be reduced to 1.5 years as soon as she is taken into custody, May says. @csgazette

10:46 AM - 28 Jan 2020

At news conference, DA Dan May defends plea deal, saying “the right person is sitting in prison,” referring to #PatrickGrazee. @csgazette

10:44 AM - 28 Jan 2020

Lee, 33, offered a tearful apology in court — one that came nowhere near excusing her action, judge said, noting that she stopped to order fast food after cleaning #KelseyBerreth’s blood from walls and floor. @csgazette

10:08 AM - 28 Jan 2020

JAN 28, 2020
Kelsey Berreth murder case: Krystal Lee Kenney, Frazee's accomplice in murder, sentenced to 3 years

Kenney’s attorney, Dru Nielsen, played a documentary-style video in which Kenney’s friends and family described the Idaho nurse as caring and driven to help others. It showed footage of Kenney riding her horses and various loved ones talking about Kenney’s love for horses, rodeo and her family.

“Throughout her life, whenever someone needed help, Krystal was there,” a narrator’s voice intoned over the video.
[...]
Ew. I hope they had vomit bags in the courtroom. Give me a break. Reminds me of the very end of the VEEP series finale with the propaganda video of Selina riding her horse and pretending to care about America.

Kenney thinks she is a fool? For being duped into this?
That is proof that she wasn’t t the terrified victim her lawyer attempted to portray her ...and also her own description of lack of remorse? Foolish
on being an accomplice to a deprived disgusting act of horror....she feels foolish for getting caught I suppose. How about horrified, wrecked with sorrow over the evilness of their deeds? Survivor my foot. And would someone please give her a box of Kleenex.
ooo
The only reason she feels like a fool is because she was doing Patrick's dirty work and literal dirty work murder clean up while it turns out he was busy texting other women and treating Krystal like nothing more than his jump off girl. And then the final indignity of putting out a hit for her and the majority of her family. Wasn't quite the romantic love she was dreaming about.

Glad she got the full three years sentence, but wrong that there is no truth in sentencing and she won't even serve much of that.

Clip below from the article with a line BBM... I don’t recall ever hearing before that KB was holding the baby? Ugh..

“But they weren’t in court to sentence her based on the way she grew up or her background, May said.

He became emotional as he described the three times Kenney visited Colorado at Frazee’s direction to kill his fiancée. He noted that most people in the courtroom on Tuesday had never met Berreth, but Kenney looked her in the eyes in early October 2018 when she delivered the coffee — which was not poisoned, as Frazee had planned — to Berreth’s home. She answered the door with her baby in her arms.

“She saw Berreth holding that child, knowing somebody wants to make that child motherless — I cannot imagine that,” May said, crying.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/kelsey-berreth-case/kenney-sentence

Eric Ross on Twitter (Video)
Here is video of Krystal Lee Kenney going into the transport van from the Teller County Courthouse. @KOAA
1:45 PM - 28 Jan 2020

Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter (Video)
Krystal Lee Kenney leaving the courthouse. #Frazee #KrystalLeeKenney

The Sheriff’s deputy who took Krystal Kenney in the transport van decided to go through a side street/back alley, shielding Kenney from being seen further. @KOAA
1:46 PM - 28 Jan 2020

Clip below from the article with a line BBM... I don’t recall ever hearing before that KB was holding the baby? Ugh..

“But they weren’t in court to sentence her based on the way she grew up or her background, May said.

He became emotional as he described the three times Kenney visited Colorado at Frazee’s direction to kill his fiancée. He noted that most people in the courtroom on Tuesday had never met Berreth, but Kenney looked her in the eyes in early October 2018 when she delivered the coffee — which was not poisoned, as Frazee had planned — to Berreth’s home. She answered the door with her baby in her arms.

“She saw Berreth holding that child, knowing somebody wants to make that child motherless — I cannot imagine that,” May said, crying.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/kelsey-berreth-case/kenney-sentence
I remember that and I also remember KK saying something about thinking Kelsey was nice and that she no longer believed PF's claims that Kelsey was an unfit and abusive mother.
Imo

Here is video of Krystal Lee Kenney going into the transport van from the Teller County Courthouse. @KOAA

Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter (Video)
Krystal Lee Kenney leaving the courthouse. #Frazee #KrystalLeeKenney

The Sheriff’s deputy who took Krystal Kenney in the transport van decided to go through a side street/back alley, shielding Kenney from being seen further. @KOAA
1:46 PM - 28 Jan 2020

She slipped getting into the van... hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members