CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

I just learned about Kelsey missing from Facebook, it caught my eye because my Grandparents lived in Woodland Park when I was growing up and it's a small down and my Mom is from an even smaller town down the pass. Wish there was some more info about the circumstances. I found a Facebook page for Kelsey but not much on it

https://www.facebook.com/kelsey.berreth.7

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I looked up her pilot certification info at www.faa.gov. She holds a commercial license for light single and multi-engine planes and is a flight instructor. She is NOT an airline pilot as that would require her to hold an Airline Transport License and a SIC (second in command) or PIC (pilot in command) type rating for the turboprop or turbojet pilot she was trained on (I was an airline Captain before getting my Ph.D. and going into Law Enforcement). She has no type ratings. Since there is an airline pilot shortage right now, with airlines offering 5 figure bonuses to sign on, I'm guessing she doesn't have the 1500 hours minimum needed to work for an airline and is just "building time", as we used to say. Which means she's not highly experienced as an airman.

As far as a "missing plane". Federal regulations do not require a pilot to file a flight plan unless they are operating under instrument flight rules (flying in the clouds by reference to instruments). If you are flying visually no flight plan is required. You are not required to talk to air traffic control unless in certain congested airspace or around airports with control towers at lower altitudes. If she rented an airplane, she may have rented it for a block of time, from a few days to a week (though they usually require a minimum number of total hours on the plane during that time so the owner turns a profit). So if the plane wasn't supposed to be back right away, there would be no missing airplane report and if she wasn't getting "flight following" from ATC, they wouldn't know she had gone missing either.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - references removed post>
No page has been made as far as I know. We need help with ways to get the news out from Woodland Park to Washington, just in case what he said is true along I84. My husband is a trucker and we have notified them and over 2000 truckers are looking for her in the area. Hopefully we will know more later. <modsnip - alluding> I will keep you updated. Any suggestions we be appreciated.

Sorry just a couple more ugly questions...have the house and surrounding area been searched (with dogs)? Has crime scene gone through the house? Has ex been interviewed?
So sorry to ask.

Will share and notify media.

<modsnip - references removed content> Could use some ideas on what to ask the pd. Sometimes when your under stress you can't think straight and outside eyes can help. <modsnip - references removed content>

<modsnip - rumor> Getting a commercial pilot's license is quite expensive, and I was several years into my career with the student loan debt before I had money for renting a plane for recreation. Renting a 4 seat Cessna 172 in that area of Colorado is about $130 an HOUR. <modsnip - rumor> Sharing with my cousins in Central Washington (they will see if they can put up the basic info and photo at the rest stop on I-90). I'm sure LE will check both Greyhound and airport in Colorado Springs to see if anyone saw her traveling.

I'm going to bump this thread as it's been a bit and seems like there's a lot of work to be done here... ETA: see post #16 for starters

ETA #2: Here is the link to the post about becoming verified as an insider for Kelsey's thread here. This is for Kelsey's aunt. Please understand, this is a hectic time for sure, but anyone can say anything online - and they have - so it would help us to make sure we can rely on what you're sharing here. Please take this with the kindest, most genuine intent. Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

That won't stop us from making suggestions, sharing insights, and doing what we do here at WS in the meantime though. We're here to help, and to offer support.

Last edited:
Hi @kelsey’s aunt. Let me know if you have any legal questions, e.g. about search procedures, warrants, custody, etc. Criminal law is not my specialty but I will answer to the best of my knowledge or research/find the answer.

<modsnip - rumor>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads