CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest* #2

fhc

Reaction score
Kelsie Schelling: Colorado issues statewide alert for missing 21-year-old girl last seen more than 100 miles away from home | Daily Mail Online

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-jean-schelling-of-denver-missing-since-feb-4

Statewide alert issued for Kelsie Jean Schelling of Denver, missing since Feb. 4

Kelsie Jean Schelling was last seen in Pueblo on February 4. She lives in Larimer Square in downtown Denver.

She drives a black 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ with Colorado license plate number 023-WRL. The car is also missing.

Schelling is 5 foot 4 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, She has three tattoos -- a Chinese symbol on back of her neck, cursive writing on the inside of her left arm and a fleur-de-lis on her right rib cage

Help Find Kelsie

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture of Kelsie from your second link above, fhc:

a1x9eiQ.jpg

Another picture of Kelsie -- from the first link in fhc's post:

deEbtx6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

#PUEBLO: It’s day one of jury selection in the #DontheLucas trial. He’s accused of killing #KelsieSchelling, who disappeared in 2013. I’ve been told jury selection could last a week or more, with opening statements anticipated on February 3.
@KOAA

Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

Here’s the decorum order regarding the #Lucas trial. No cameras, no live reporting.
@KOAA

Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

Jury selection is not open to the public, by the way. #KelsieSchelling’s mother, Laura Saxton, just provided me this statement: “Just praying for the best possible jury, and also praying for them, because I know this is going to be a difficult process for them.”
@KOAA

Kasia Kerridge @KasiaKerridgeTV 4h
I’m here in Pueblo this morning as jury selection is expected to begin for the Donthe Lucas trial. Lucas is accused of murdering his pregnant girlfriend Kelsie Schelling, who went missing in 2013 and still hasn’t been found. @KKTV11News

[URL='https://twitter.com/KasiaKerridgeTV']Kasia Kerridge [URL='https://twitter.com/KasiaKerridgeTV']@KasiaKerridgeTV
[/URL][/URL]2h
UPDATE: Jury selection has begun and is expected to take about a week or so. @KKTV11News

Thanks, @GoJacks for the KOAA reporter's Twitter as we prepare for another Colorado trial by twitter. Not complaining as it's better than nothing.

#JusticeForKelsie.

I'm hoping it will still be streamed on Webex.

ABC in Colorado will be covering and streaming the trial

I saw ABC said that, but @ColetteBordelon had the actual decorum posted earlier and that was clearly not an option. She has since deleted that tweet though......

I'm hoping it will still be streamed on Webex.

I saw ABC said that, but @ColetteBordelon had the actual decorum posted earlier and that was clearly not an option. She has since deleted that tweet though......

Before Mark Redwine's case declared a mistrial, the WebEx instructions were posted on the Durango court site with instructions how the public could phone in or log in to WebEx during the actual trial proceedings (excluding voir dire / jury selection).

However, these public accommodations are only because of the in-person COVID19 restrictions. The court also made it clear in their instructions that Colorado Statute prohibits the networks from live streaming.

I don't know why Kelsie's case is not listed/linked in the "cases of public interest" section for District 10....

OK, I just checked the Dist 10 court site and found the links for Judge Thomas Flesher's virtual courtroom # 503. I've not seen anything about the numbers being updated daily but I'll keep watch.

Jan 25, 2021

Judge Thomas Flesher's Virtual Courtroom
Division 503

Meeting number (access code): 927 488 569

Join by phone

Tap to call in from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
+1-720-650-7664 United States Toll (Denver)

Access code: 927 488 569

Global call-in numbers

Join from a video conferencing system or application

Dial thomas.flesher@judicial.webex.com

You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number (access code).

If you are the host, you can also enter your host PIN in your video conferencing system or application to start the meeting.

Need help? Go to http://help.webex.com

Colorado Judicial Branch

Colorado Judicial Branch

Colette Bordelon@ColetteBordelon

#PUEBLO: It’s day one of jury selection in the #DontheLucas trial. He’s accused of killing #KelsieSchelling, who disappeared in 2013. I’ve been told jury selection could last a week or more, with opening statements anticipated on February 3.
@KOAA

7:35 AM · Jan 25, 2021

Replying to
@ColetteBordelon
Jury selection is not open to the public, by the way. #KelsieSchelling’s mother, Laura Saxton, just provided me this statement: “Just praying for the best possible jury, and also praying for them, because I know this is going to be a difficult process for them.”
@KOAA

8:12 AM · Jan 25, 2021 from Pueblo, CO

Replying to
@ColetteBordelon
So, what exactly happens during jury selection, the process known as “voir dire?” It directly means “to speak the truth.” I’m breaking down what attorneys are doing this week in the #DontheLucas trial all afternoon on
@KOAA
10:33 AM · Jan 25, 2021 from Pueblo, CO·

Colorado Judicial Branch

10th Judicial District Virtual Courtrooms

During the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, the 10th Judicial District has implemented virtual courtrooms through use of WebEx in order to continue to provide essential judicial services to the public.

Please click on the ICON for the Judge that pertains to the case you wish to observe or participate in if you are a party to the case. If you are unsure which courtroom to select, please click here or use the 'docket' tab on the left navigation bar on our homepage.

Please keep in mind, a virtual courtroom has all the decorum requirements of a physical courtroom:

• Professional attire is required when appearing in court in person or via video.
  • Be prepared and organized.
  • Keep background noise to a minimum.
  • Be in a location with excellent cellular or internet service.
  • Only one person should talk at a time. Do not interrupt or talk over others.
  • Your case may not be called right away and may take longer than if you were physically present. Please be patient.
  • Making any video or audio recordings of WebEx court proceedings is strictly prohibited.

I dunno... Personally, I think LE made some mistakes early with this case that forced a lawsuit by the victim's mother. Now, I hate thinking about an officer dropping another name last March and it's only now coming to light.

My sympathy pours out for KS mother and her family.

LE hugely mishandled this case! There was evidence in her car that was never processed. It's disgusting.

My biggest hope is her mom gets her remains. She deserves that.

The last report was that opening statements expected around Feb 3, 2021. No current tweets so I'm sure jury selection still underway. I recall jury selection for Mark Redwine taking about 8 working days -- I expect this to be very similar.

Colette Bordelon@ColetteBordelon

@KOAA

7:35 AM · Jan 25, 2021·

Almost 8 years her family has waited for this moment. I'll be keeping her family and friends in my thoughts tomorrow as this thing kicks off. I can't imagine.

Jury selected in the trial for the Colorado man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend Kelsie Schelling

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - After nearly eight years and four delays, the trial for the suspect in the 2013 disappearance of a Colorado woman has finally begun.

The trial against Donthe Lucas formally began Jan. 25 with day one of what jury selection. After more than a week, the jury was pieced together on Tuesday.

A total of 12 jurors and four alternates were sworn in Tuesday afternoon. The court was then put in recess with jurors being told to report at 8 a.m. on Wednesday.

Judge Thomas Flesher's Virtual Courtroom
Division 503

Virtual court link to Judge Flesher and instructions to join hearing and/or call in at link below:

Colorado Judicial Branch

Does this link let us listen in?
I logged in to Division 503 this morning and my session ended quickly. A call to the clerk confirmed the trial is not being made available to the public via WebEx.

ETA: When I was logged in to Division 503 courtroom, 3 different Lucas' appeared before the judge to formally answer their subpoenas. Two indicated they were staying (for the trial) and one said he did not believe he would be called to testify today and was leaving for the day.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back