CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest* #2

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...st-degree-murder-in-death-of-kelsie-schelling

DENVER – A Pueblo County jury found Donthe Lucas guilty Monday of first-degree murder in the 2013 death of his girlfriend, Kelsie Schelling, after just a few hours of deliberations.

The jury found Lucas guilty of first-degree murder in a verdict that was delivered just after 4 p.m. Monday. He will face life in prison without the possibility of parole — the mandatory sentence for first-degree murder convictions.

Welp have fun with those commissary snacks for the rest of your life, donthe.

Watch Live

Jeff Chostner DA live now

Michelle Chostner (prosecutor) taking questions -

States the DV evidence of the relationship was compelling evidence.

Laura Saxton says she's still overwhelmed. Wanted her daughter back more than anything. Didn't bring her home -- feels like she failed with this part but very thankful for all-- especially CBI (Agent Torres) and the city of Pueblo for their support.

She feels relief that DL will not take more victims. She believes this was DL's pattern -- including with her daughter.

Laura asks to please keep searching for Kelsie's remains.

Kelsie's dad thanking the jury.

Last edited:
COURT TV Podcast

The Court TV Podcast Episode 76 - Court TV

Feb 11, 2021

It’s been eight years since pregnant Kelsie Schelling disappeared without a trace. Her on-again/off-again boyfriend, and the father of her child, is now facing a Colorado jury charged with her murder. It’s a case that has captured the nation’s attention, so we’ve brought in one of the people that knows it best – Denver 7 journalist Liz Gelardi, to give us an update on the trial.

Kelsie Schelling Murder Trial

The prosecution’s case is based entirely on circumstantial evidence, but is it strong enough to get a conviction? Trial attorney Holly Davis doesn’t think so and will tell host Vinnie Politan why. Get the latest updates on CourtTV.com and catch Vinnie and the entire team live weeknights 8-11pm on Closing Arguments.

To see more of Court TV’s coverage of Donthe Lucas murder trial, click here.

If you missed any of the previous episodes of The Court TV Podcast, you can catch up here.

Court TV Guest did not understand circumstantial evidence -- no body cases are worthy of justice.

Vinnie reports the most important person in the courtroom is Laura Saxton.
The Prosecutor brings justice for the victim's family. The Jury delivers justice
for the family -- especially the mother.

I agree with Vinnie. MOO

Last edited:
Donthe is dominant

Jan 2010

Donthe Lucas was so utterly dominant through three quarters, his team didn’t even need him to continue padding his big stats in the fourth.

Lucas scored 26 points and grabbed 18 rebounds Tuesday to lead Central High School’s boys basketball team to a key 68-54 South-Central League win over South at the Colorado State Fair Events Center.

Lucas, a 6-foot-7 senior, was solidly on pace to put up a 30-20 game for the Wildcats, ranked No. 7 in Class 4A. But the game flowed to his guards in the fourth quarter and Lucas only took one shot, didn’t score and grabbed two more rebounds.

Oh yeah, the defensive force also blocked three shots as the anchor of Central’s effective 2-3 zone defense.

“Donthe had an excellent game. He was big on the boards, big offensively and he came to play tonight, no doubt,” Central coach Brad Ranson said. “He does so much for us, just by being in the middle and being big.”

Defense of Donthe Lucas files 35 motions, 1 accusing Kelsie Schelling's father in disappearance - KRDO

Jan 2019

The former Pueblo Central High School basketball star stands accused of killing his 21-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Kelsie Schelling, back in 2013.

For years, all the reports opened with the Pueblo Central HS basketball star accused of killing pregnant girlfriend.

He wasn't a star, DL was a killer!

I'm so grateful for this jury.

Kasia Kerridge TV
28m ·

I drove home tonight in silence, and sobbed when I got home. I don't ever take the stories I cover personally, but this was different. I feel like I know Kelsie.
I joined KKTV in June 2019. In my first week in my first real job, I got assigned this trial. From then on, I've covered virtually every hearing, seen every delay in the trial, but most importantly, saw the strength of Kelsie's family and friends.
I want to thank Laura Saxton for always talking with me about Kelsie. I saw firsthand the pain and exhaustion of waiting eight years to get any answers about her daughter's disappearance. Although we may never know exactly what happened, I pray the Schelling/Saxton family can start to heal.
Most importantly, Kelsie still has not been found. If you are in the Pueblo County area and see/find something suspicious, please report it so we can bring Kelsie home.
1f49c.png

This is fantastic news for Kelsie's parents and all her loved ones. Bless Laura Saxton for her dogged determination to get justice for Kelsie.

Now hopefully, LE can find Kelsie. IMO, Donthe is lazy, just like his defense attorney said. I would be surprised if he even buried her. He probably put her somewhere not too far from where he lived and just got lucky that Kelsie hasn't been found yet. IMO, JMO

Donthe Lucas found guilty by jury in Kelsie Schelling's murder

March 8, 2021

More than eight years after pregnant 21-year-old Kelsie Schelling disappeared in Pueblo without a trace, the man she came to Pueblo to visit that night was convicted of her murder.

Donthe Lucas, 28, was found guilty of first-degree murder Monday afternoon at the Dennis Maes Judicial Building and sentenced to life in the Colorado Department of Corrections without parole.

Schelling went missing Feb. 4, 2013 and several years went by without any discernable progress on the case, but Lucas was charged with her murder Dec. 1, 2017, despite the fact her body was never found.

MORE: 'I couldn't give up on Kelsie.' Schelling's mother expresses thanks, regrets in Donthe Lucas trial verdict

Lucas’ conviction followed 13 days of testimony, which the jury deliberated over for less than three hours before returning a verdict of guilty.

Tenth Judicial District Attorney Jeff Chostner said he wanted to extend his thanks and condolences to the Schelling and Saxton families for their loss and noted the conclusion to the case should “give some healing and catharsis to the family and, quite frankly, to give some healing and catharsis to the Pueblo community.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back