GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

Detectives believe there could be more victims out there and Monge was not the first one.

Police also believe if not stopped, Forbes would've killed again. They are still not sure why he killed in the first place.

"It's his thing," Gurule said. "He met other girls. When I was building my case and we were doing all this stuff, I talked to other girls he met. They went to dinner with him, he used different names, but it was the same guy."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/227423/339/Solving-the-puzzle-of-the-Kenia-Monge-case-

She walks into the Loft Apartments at 15th and California, with the man she left a LoDo nightclub with.

She gets into the elevator, then changes her mind and gets out. She uses the bathroom in a nearby hotel, and then returns to the foyer of the Loft Apartments.

The tape shows her stumbling and she appears intoxicated as she leans against the wall and slides to the floor and takes off her red high heels. A man, waiting inside to stay warm, talks to her for several minutes.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-surveillance-footage-shows-kenia-monge-moments-before-her-death-20111031,0,3781962.story

Denver Police on Oct. 5 arrested a woman accused of lying during an investigation of Forbes. Kerry Humphrey, 23, has been identified as Forbes' girlfriend.

BBM How would you like to be called a "girlfriend" of this monster? I wonder if she is remorseful at all?! After hearing of details of both attacks, I wonder if she now feels like a victim too, or if she would still consider herself his "girlfriend"?

I still wonder too about other victims. Can they look at missing people around the area that he lived and check his cell phone pings on the day that these others went missing? I know that this would take time and resources, but wouldn't it be worth it to possibly find others?!

I await the justice system impatiently.

BBM How would you like to be called a "girlfriend" of this monster? I wonder if she is remorseful at all?! After hearing of details of both attacks, I wonder if she now feels like a victim too, or if she would still consider herself his "girlfriend"?

I still wonder too about other victims. Can they look at missing people around the area that he lived and check his cell phone pings on the day that these others went missing? I know that this would take time and resources, but wouldn't it be worth it to possibly find others?!

I await the justice system impatiently.

I still believe it is a very strong possibility he is involved in Amy Ahonen's disappearance.

I still believe it is a very strong possibility he is involved in Amy Ahonen's disappearance.

I do as well! I just hope that someone in LE is also looking at this possibility.

Update from Tony:

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone, I cannot even describe how tough that day was for all of us, I did my normal cooking and I had everything ready at my normal time, I had my son set the table and he set a place for Kenia, Maria decorated Kenia's chair with ribbons and a Angel, we have a tradition where we all speak before we say the prayer, we speak about what we have been thankful for over the last year, everyone always mentions something to the effect that they are thankful that we are all together on this very special day, the whole event was one of the saddest day's in my entire life, I tried to stay positive and upbeat but we all found that impossible, but we will continue and we will get thru this also because we have to, even though we may not want to we have to because that is what life is all about.

__

Kenia's birthday is on January 26th, and then before you know it we are at April 1st again, alot of FIRSTS are upcoming and we will deal with them as they come..BECAUSE WE HAVE TO...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/tony-lee/update/2744859097755?notif_t=close_friend_activity

KUSA - Lydia Tillman is a living example of a person who benefited from the kindness of others.Tillman was nearly killed by now-convicted killer Travis Forbes in July 2011. Forbes broke into her apartment, sexually assaulted her, beat her, tried to strangle her and set her apartment on fire.*

After Forbes left her to die in her burning apartment, Tillman jumped out of her second-story window. That action saved her life, but left her extremely injured.

"[Forbes]*injured her brain. He shattered her jaw. He strangled her neck," Robert Neumann, medical director of neurological and neurosurgical ICU at UCH, said. "He bruised her lungs and broke ribs. She also had a shattered left wrist, shattered left ankle, multiple large bruises from stomping injuries and some amount of gastro-intestinal bleeding."

On the day of the visit, nurses and Neumann gave Tillman the violin. Neumann had paid Rock Eggen and his apprentice Sam Gathman of Eggen Violins to fix the instrument.

"I think it's difficult for her to talk," Gathman said. "So, if she can play, that's a way for her to communicate and show how she is feeling. It's kind of a small way for her to celebrate her story and help her with her ongoing recovery."

"I want to enjoy this life as much as possible," Tillman said. "And I hope others do the same."
link

Much more at link. We'd talked about Lydia during this case. Her resilience and the hospital's gift are touching. Praying her recovery continues to go well.

Kenia Monge’s family reflects on the one year anniversary of her disappearance

http://kdvr.com/2012/04/01/kenia-mo...he-one-year-anniversary-of-her-disappearance/

kenia-monge-cropped.jpg

Per Kenia's step father:

I received official confirmation today from DatelineNBC that they are going to run a 2 hour show on the story on Friday July 13th @ I believe 8pm MST, I was pre-warned that I should let everyone know that it is going to be very detailed and it will tell parts of the story not heard before publically.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back