CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

Kensington - among the most upscale communities in all of England, expensive, touristy and historic. Abuts Hyde Park, home to Kensington Palace … If that’s indeed where she was picked up, I’m fascinated about why.
There are loads of very fancy hotels in Kensington, but also a lot of smaller, cheaper ones in old victorian houses. They vary massively in quality and those sort of places are likely easier to 'hide out' in. They also often have signs outside indicating 'vacancy', so if a person didn't have a pre-booked reservation, it would be a good place to walk around until you find an open room.

There are some verrry fancy addresses in Kensington, but there are also some absolute dives. A lot of the very large houses are now multi-occupancy and plenty of them are squats. My sister squatted in one of them in her teens.

KS may have been hoping to meet somebody who lived in the area, especially if the gossip is true, but equally it may be as simple as easy room availability, some low cost hotels (relatively speaking for London prices), or the mistaken belief that all of Kensington is upscale.

You can get an entry visa on arrival to the UK as a tourist. There are no passport checks in US (other than by the airline), so would be very easy to come to the UK relatively unnoticed. It’s much more complicated to do it the other way around (US requires an ESTA before travel for UK citizens). Husband and I did it for years back and forth before I moved to U.K. permanently as so much easier to immigrate in that direction.

Seeing as she was arrested in Kensington, my guess is this was a panic flee rather than a planned meet up. Kensington is more high end houses/flats and decent hotels. It’s more touristy than where normal people live, so would be more likely she holed up there in the first hotel room she could find, than happened to know someone there. JMO
100% think she was in kensington to meet someone! JMO

Yes, her family released a statement when she was still missing. They said they were cooperating with the authorities and asked for help in finding her. They also said they were focusing on the surviving child and requested privacy. You can find the statement if you read through the thread.

I disagree that this is a 'both sides' situation. I don't think there's a single piece of evidence that supports that the father was abusive or a bad parent.

Yes, her family released a statement when she was still missing. They said they were cooperating with the authorities and asked for help in finding her. They also said they were focusing on the surviving child and requested privacy. You can find the statement if you read through the thread.

I disagree that this is a 'both sides' situation. I don't think there's a single piece of evidence that supports that the father was abusive or a bad parent.

No, I do feel he is the ABSOLUTELY the one that has had long-term struggles over her. What I indicated when I said I ""sense" some people will try to say otherwise" is based on lots of gibberish on social media sites..... therefore, jmo.

Asking legal question @Nikynoo
I am wondering what if any legal assistance KS is receiving through London. Is there a system there, to arrange a court appointed attorney to help her? Or, being that the plan is to extradite her, then does this fall on US/CO legal support for her defense? Can she/will she have both?

Colorado Springs Police Department
@CSPDPIO

Statement from CSPD Chief Vasquez & 4th Judicial District Attorney Michael Allen Regarding the Investigation into Kimberlee Singler
3:01 PM · Jan 3, 2024
·
@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

On December 19, 2023, citizens in Colorado Springs, Greeley, and communities around the world, were shocked to learn of the deaths of two young children and the assault of a third.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

The ensuing investigation resulted in an arrest warrant being issued for 35-year-old Kimberlee Singler. Pursuant to that arrest warrant, she was taken into custody by authorities in the United Kingdom on December 30, 2023.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

“Three weeks ago, two innocent lives were tragically taken from our community. Young lives that were filled with hopes and dreams for a bright future. I am heartbroken over this loss”, said Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

“The Colorado Springs Police Department stands with the victims, family members, and others in our community who are grieving."

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

Our detectives, lab personnel, and victim advocates continue to work tirelessly, in partnership with the District Attorney’s Office, to bring justice for these victims. This incomprehensible act understandably raises a lot of questions and has an impact across our community."

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

We will provide answers, to the extent we can, as soon as it is appropriate for us to do so.”Extradition from the United Kingdom is controlled by a treaty between the United States and the United Kingdom that was signed in 2003. - Chief Vasquez

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

It is likely that Singler’s extradition will take a considerable amount of time and it is important to note that neither the United States nor the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office controls the pace of the extradition proceedings.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

“Regardless of the timeline, we will continue to work closely with local, national, and international agencies during the extradition process."

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

Singler, like all persons accused of a crime, is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the extradition process is an important step in ensuring due process is afforded to her,” said 4th Judicial District Attorney Michael Allen.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

“The loss of two young children in a case like this is a tragedy and demands the full support of my office and we stand ready to be their voice in our search for justice.” - DA Michael Allen

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

If the UK courts rule a defendant can be extradited, an executive authority of the government must agree to the extradition. The process provides defendants with multiple appeal steps along the way.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

Singler’s arrest warrant, issued on behalf of the State of Colorado, remains sealed by the court. The warrant will likely remain sealed until Singler appears in court here in the 4th Judicial District.

@CSPDPIO
Jan 3

Subsequent court dates regarding Singler’s extradition will be controlled by the UK courts.In order to protect the extradition process and subsequent prosecution efforts, no further information on this case will be released at this time.

There’s a reason she chose England. Hope we find out someday.

She clearly had a valid passport. She had a head start. I’m surprised she didn’t try Canada or Mexico. It would have been quicker and easier.

Why choose England?

ETA: From Mexico she could have continued travelling south to a country without an extradition treaty with the US. She really could have disappeared.

MOO

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know if she booked that flight in advance or whether it was a last minute booking.

Also, arriving in a foreign country without a return really raises eyebrows with customs. I’m going to bet she was flagged to keep an eye on by immigration from the get go.

MOO

There are some verrry fancy addresses in Kensington, but there are also some absolute dives. A lot of the very large houses are now multi-occupancy and plenty of them are squats. My sister squatted in one of them in her teens.

KS may have been hoping to meet somebody who lived in the area, especially if the gossip is true, but equally it may be as simple as easy room availability, some low cost hotels (relatively speaking for London prices), or the mistaken belief that all of Kensington is upscale.
Haha. Interesting. I actually stayed in a "basic" hotel in Kensington several times in my childhood. It was "basic" even in those days. Two row-houses, with the elevator shaft between them.The breakfast choice was kippers or a fry-up. I'm surprised they haven't all disappeared. We would have reserved, though. Oh, gosh, now I have to look it up... Don't tell me, she stayed there.

Last edited:
There’s a reason she chose England. Hope we find out someday.

She clearly had a valid passport. She had a head start. I’m surprised she didn’t try Canada or Mexico. It would have been quicker and easier.

Why choose England?

ETA: From Mexico she could have continued travelling south to a country without an extradition treaty with the US. She really could have disappeared.

MOO
Yes, but Costa Rica didn't work out for Kaitlin Armstrong. It was clear, too, how US marshals teamed with locals. I can't see a legit country not being eager to do that, especially for the learning experience, and the heroic success. This was a total win for Costa Rica! I suppose if you want to hide out in the jungle, you'd maybe could go to Honduras.... But these countries have nothing to lose if they capture a child murderer, and everything to gain politically right now because their refugees are annoying Americans. El Salvador? Gangs. And who in their right mind would go to Nicaragua, especially a woman? (Consider: the torturing VP was my classmate, so I have some history).

Canada's borders are not exactly porous. I once got held up at the Toronto airport because I didn't sound American (whatever that means).

Being a child murderer is quite the liability when it comes to foreign travel IMO.

Maybe India would have worked: you could blend with billions of people.

IMO she chose England because she's unimaginative and didn't learn a foreign language in school.

Last edited:
Asking legal question @Nikynoo
I am wondering what if any legal assistance KS is receiving through London. Is there a system there, to arrange a court appointed attorney to help her? Or, being that the plan is to extradite her, then does this fall on US/CO legal support for her defense? Can she/will she have both?
Yes, she will be entitled to legal representation. I do not think she has been charged with a crime in the UK, so it won’t be a criminal lawyer who would be appointed but someone to advise on the legalities of extradition.

This is still on the court site - but since she is in the U.K. - I'm guessing she won't show up! :)

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
1/10/24
3:30 PM 1Hr IN PERSON SINGLER, KIMBERLEE Pre-Trial Conference D212023JV31046 El Paso County DIV V-Room W350 (West Tower)

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Just look at how long it took that guy who was living in Scotland when he contracted COVID and was found to have faked his death in the US to be extradited. Granted, part of the delay was proving that he was who he claimed he WASN'T... but still. I'm expecting the extradition process to take a lonnnng time. I just don't have any faith that the wheels of justice will move swiftly because they never do. UNFORTUNATELY!

Just look at how long it took that guy who was living in Scotland when he contracted COVID and was found to have faked his death in the US to be extradited. Granted, part of the delay was proving that he was who he claimed he WASN'T... but still. I'm expecting the extradition process to take a lonnnng time. I just don't have any faith that the wheels of justice will move swiftly because they never do. UNFORTUNATELY!
Ok, but the thing that is completely confusing to me is that the court docket had her appearing in person this afternoon in court!
See below:

IMG_7369.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member