Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 9 2022
''It has been more than four years since Maggie Long was found dead in her Bailey home and many are still desperately searching for answers.

It happened in December of 2017, 17-year-old Long was found dead in her home after it was set on fire. The fire was declared an arson and Long’s death was ruled a homicide.

The incident started around 7 p.m. when deputies with the Park County Sheriff’s Office were called to a house fire at 3763 County Road 43 in Bailey. According to a 911 call, people were reportedly inside the home causing damage.

The sheriff’s office said a man was on the property. After the fire was put out, Long’s remains were discovered by firefighters.

Days later, the El Paso County Coroner’s Office ruled her death a homicide.''

Investigators said that the scene showed that a physical altercation took place between Long and assailants before the fire started.

The suspects stole a Beretta handgun, an AK-47-style rifle, 2,000 rounds of ammunition, a green safe, and jade figurines, the sheriff’s office said.''

A year ago, on May 18, 2021, the FBI announced it is investigation Long’s death as a hate crime.

Investigators said whoever killed Long has either told someone or will tell someone. The truth, they say, will surface.

Police are asking anyone with information to contact the FBI or the Park County Sheriff’s Office at 303-239-4243.''

MEDIA THREAD (no discussion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly five years ago, police discovered the body of a 17-year-old Colorado girl in Bailey. Today, investigators are still searching for her killers.

FOX31 recently revisited the case. According to the station's Problem Solvers, the incident occurred around 7 p.m. on December 1, 2017, when officers from the Park County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) responded to a house fire on Country Road 43.

The FBI confirmed that at least one man was at Long's house when she died, stating that "a physical altercation took place between Long and her assailants before the fire started."

The assailants also took a Beretta handgun, 2,000 rounds of ammunition, a safe, jade figurines, and an AK-47-style rifle from the Long residence.

Nearly five years ago, police discovered the body of a 17-year-old Colorado girl in Bailey. Today, investigators are still searching for her killers.

FOX31 recently revisited the case. According to the station's Problem Solvers, the incident occurred around 7 p.m. on December 1, 2017, when officers from the Park County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) responded to a house fire on Country Road 43.

The FBI confirmed that at least one man was at Long's house when she died, stating that "a physical altercation took place between Long and her assailants before the fire started."

The assailants also took a Beretta handgun, 2,000 rounds of ammunition, a safe, jade figurines, and an AK-47-style rifle from the Long residence.
So sad it’s been nearly five years with nothing to show for justice here. Who reported the fire? The renter? I’m sorry I don’t remember and don’t have time right now to go back and read up again. Just taking a quick break from moving this weekend. (100+ in Texas, not the best day to move!). When I saw Maggie’s thread show up again in my watched list I got so excited that maybe there was something actually happening. Glad to see the paper getting the word out again at least.

So sad it’s been nearly five years with nothing to show for justice here. Who reported the fire? The renter? I’m sorry I don’t remember and don’t have time right now to go back and read up again. Just taking a quick break from moving this weekend. (100+ in Texas, not the best day to move!). When I saw Maggie’s thread show up again in my watched list I got so excited that maybe there was something actually happening. Glad to see the paper getting the word out again at least.
It's heartbreaking. I believe Maggie was in the wrong place at the wrong time. How many in the family circle knew what was kept there? It seems that it was a targeted burglary.

Thanks, from link..
It kills me that this lovely talented girl, just stopped at home to pick up cookies for a school concert and is attacked by 3- 4 men who then burn her alive.

1669985162261.png
''BAILEY, Colorado — Detective Sergeant Wendy Kipple said she just needs a whisper, a hint or any single clue to help her solve one Park County's most gruesome cold cases.
Maggie Long, a high school senior, left Platte Canyon High School on Dec. 1, 2017 with plans to return for an evening concert she was helping organize. She wanted to pick up water and cookies for the audience.''

''The tip line number is 303-239-4243. Tips can also be submitted to maggie.long.tips@state.co.us.
"Maggie deserves justice. She was an irreplaceable, innocent soul with a majestic presence. She brought a joy to our family, her friends, and her community that will never be forgotten," her family said in a statement released by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
In 2021, the FBI announced it was investigating her murder as a potential hate crime. The bureau did not provide an answer as to exactly why it made that designation.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther