GUILTY CO - Paige Birgfeld, 34, Grand Junction, 28 June 2007

I havent seen any updates and I am local to the case, last I had heard they had some lab tests that came back and then nothing again.
I still think Lester Ralph Jones is their guy. That man knows this area like the back of his hand along with other surrounding counties, she could be anywhere :(
I'm thinking she is somewhere closer to Delta County then Mesa after doing a little research on Ralph, he is from that county orginally.

You were right.

Mysticrose, thank you so much for your updates and insights in this case. On page 7 of this thread, you posted that a friend of Paige said that Paige had heard from the suspect that her 2nd ex-husband would kill her. Did I misunderstand, or did the 2nd ex-husband have some association with the suspect?

It was interesting to learn that the 2nd ex moved 2000 miles away when they first split, but that he had moved 3 hours away shortly before she was murdered. Also, it looks like a few days after her disappearance he took the children away and that he has had custody since that time.

I understand that the 2nd ex-husband has been ruled out. However, now that she has been found and there is still a strong suspect, do you think that there's any connection to the ex, or is still most likely something that resulted only from her job?

Here's a map of the crime scene route.

Paige_Birgfeld.jpg

This slideshow provides more information about where she was found.

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...e-owner-found-colorado-picture#slide=44451261

Grand Junction, Colo. (KKCO) - "It's going to take time to sift through all the new evidence in the Paige Birgfeld homicide investigation.

That's the word from the Mesa County Sheriff's Office. For now investigators continue to piece together exactly what happened.

Currently CBI is analyzing the latest evidence, but they have given this case priority."

Updated: 5:22 AM Mar 21, 2012
http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/...vestigation_143604836.html?storySection=story

paigewreath.jpg

I'm going to keep bumping this thread regularly for a few days because this case has stayed with me since I first heard about it in 2008.

The Secret Life of Paige Birgfeld - 48 Hours - CBS News

http ://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6339969n&tag=contentMain;contentBody
(paste the link and remove the space between http and : as the link doesn't paste properly)

Although she lived a dangerous lifestyle, she was a single mother making ends meet in the lifestyle that she wanted for her children. It was probably the same lifestyle that she experienced as a child. Both of her husband's were aware of her dangerous lifestyle, but her brother and father were not. A sister in law knew that she had been a stripper at the age of 21, but understood that she had discontinued that lifestyle.

What interests me is that she spent the afternoon with her first ex-husband. She was appaently meeting with a guy (the suspect) later that evening and she was a little uncomfortable with him - according to a friend. Since both husbands knew that she worked the strip walk, and since she was operating solo with an office and online presence that gave the illusion of an acupuncture office and a larger company, was she subconsciously meeting with her first ex in the hopes that he would somehow be sure that she was okay that night? I wonder if she asked him to go back to her place.

I did read that he was afraid to go to the house because he was concerned by the erratic behavior of the 2nd ex-husband.

Is there any possibility that the 2nd ex-husband knew the suspect? I don't like the timing of the 2nd ex-husband moving 3 hours away from Paige, she expressing concerns that she will be murdered, she is murdered, the 2nd ex-husband goes to her house and stays there with the children, Paige's parents and Page's brother (Seattle doctor) and his wife. About a week after she disappeared, the 2nd ex-husband took the children to his place. Paige's parents applied for custody, in light of the fact that the children had expressed fears about benig murdered (before the divorce), but were declined. There's no information about whether Paige's children are seeing their extended family. The 2nd ex-husband apparently inherited $10 million, but he put it in the hands of the wrong investor, blew it on cars and threw around his money until it was gone.

Another interesting point is the money. The 48 hours program mentions tens of thousands of dollars that were found at the house. Paige's father has attempted to locate that money - it was in the news that this issue was unresolved.

It makes me so sad that no one else is paying attention to this thread right now. It seems that the bones of a number of missing women and girls are being found in these last couple of weeks, perhaps because the spring thaw expels bones from the earth. Paige's skull and a leg bone were apparently protruding from the earth, five years after she was buried.

I'd sure like to hear what the wife of the prime suspect has to say about what her husband was up to on the night that Paige disappeared. Her car was found burning 3 days later right next to the work place of the prime suspect. I'd also like to know what he was doing on the night that her car was burning.

Actually, I'd like to know why this hasn't yet been taken to the Grand Jury. Was a body really necessary to prove that she was never coming back?

Somewhere in there, the truth lies.

It makes me so sad that no one else is paying attention to this thread right now. It seems that the bones of a number of missing women and girls are being found in these last couple of weeks, perhaps because the spring thaw expels bones from the earth. Paige's skull and a leg bone were apparently protruding from the earth, five years after she was buried.

I'd sure like to hear what the wife of the prime suspect has to say about what her husband was up to on the night that Paige disappeared. Her car was found burning 3 days later right next to the work place of the prime suspect. I'd also like to know what he was doing on the night that her car was burning.

Actually, I'd like to know why this hasn't yet been taken to the Grand Jury. Was a body really necessary to prove that she was never coming back?

Otto, I am paying attention to this thread, and thanks for keeping it going and for asking the questions you ask. I suspect there are others like me who keep watch here but are left speechless at the horror of the situation

Paige's disappearance has always disturbed me for so many different reasons. It is one of the few cases here at Websleuths that I have discussed with my husband over these years we've been waiting for a resolution. Only a day before her remains were discovered, I had remarked to him that her case seemed to have gone cold.

I am so hoping there is enough evidence to put together a story of what happened to her and who was involved. I feel so deeply for all her loved ones, both friends and family.

Anyway, thanks for keeping track.

I read all of the posts...I have been concerned and interested in Paige from the start. I am just hoping to read news of an arrest. I was hoping that finding her, finally, would be was what LE was waiting for. I knew that they had named a POI at one time...and he seemed like a good one to me.

I just wish she had been found far sooner, so that she could have "helped" LE more by pointing to her killer. But maybe there are some clues and we just have not heard yet.

I think about her dad often.

I am also following this one... I just don't tend to comment unless I have a link to post or something specific to offer.
In this case aside from...
"Seriously... they FOUND PAIGE? You have GOT to be kidding me?!"
I really don't have much else. :waitasec:

Mysticrose, thank you so much for your updates and insights in this case. On page 7 of this thread, you posted that a friend of Paige said that Paige had heard from the suspect that her 2nd ex-husband would kill her. Did I misunderstand, or did the 2nd ex-husband have some association with the suspect?

It was interesting to learn that the 2nd ex moved 2000 miles away when they first split, but that he had moved 3 hours away shortly before she was murdered. Also, it looks like a few days after her disappearance he took the children away and that he has had custody since that time.

I understand that the 2nd ex-husband has been ruled out. However, now that she has been found and there is still a strong suspect, do you think that there's any connection to the ex, or is still most likely something that resulted only from her job?

Hi otto, I will need to go back and read so I can answer your question :) do a refresher so to speak. I've got a couple of days off after tomorrow I'll catch up then :)

I'm paying attention! Praying they have the evidence to finally arrest Paige's killer.

Pins and needles.

I, too, am paying attention. I was still living in Grand Junction when Paige went missing. Actually, I just got back from Grand Junction, was there from March 11-21. Heard about her being found soon as we arrived. I know Lester Ralph Jones is a suspect but her 2nd ex--Rob Dixon, his actions always bothered me. He was a shady character, especially the deal with the fire department and the trucks he "supposedly" gave to them. I suppose coincidences do happen.

It seems rather obvious to me that the last client that Paige saw that evening, the prime suspect, it probably guilty.

I think it's time for a grand jury decision even if the DNA yields nothing (it's 5 years old).

The prosecutor said, for years and on camera, that the reason he held off of an arrest was because the defence could argue that she disappeared voluntarily (because she had a secret life). Now that we know she didn't disappear voluntarily, what's holding up the prosecution? They've had the evidence of the last person she was with, the cell phone purchase, the car burning days after she was last seen, the proximity to the suspect's place of work, the suspect's criminal history of violence with women ... what are they waiting for ... for him to run?

I came here just now when I seen she had been found.
Is there another thread about her that I am not seeing.
I know I posted on this case about a year or two ago but cannot find any of my comments. I have searched but this is the only thread I can find.
Anyone?

There's no other thread here other than than this.

After two years, it's normal that threads, forums and media articles have disappeared.

I guess we need our scissors and the newspaper to keep track.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back