CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbing, just like all these other nut jobs running around here. Iirc he was arrested initially on the same day as the 2 sunroof shatterings; I wonder what the time line of his arrest looks like comparatively. Does his arrest serve as an alibi (assuming non sky debris :rolleyes:) ?

All these nutjobs...I used to get optimistic when I'd hear about such arrests, that maybe this time it's "our guy(s)"...now I realize they're a dime a dozen. Jmo

Disturbing, just like all these other nut jobs running around here. Iirc he was arrested initially on the same day as the 2 sunroof shatterings; I wonder what the time line of his arrest looks like comparatively. Does his arrest serve as an alibi (assuming non sky debris :rolleyes:) ?

All these nutjobs...I used to get optimistic when I'd hear about such arrests, that maybe this time it's "our guy(s)"...now I realize they're a dime a dozen. Jmo

hmm a bunch of guys, mostly young, in cars up to no good, shooting it up, besides at people, like it's normal...

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ge...yclist-kidnapped-shot-in-both-legs-in-norwalk

http://www.ktvn.com/story/30491645/newspaper-delivery-driver-shot-twice-in-vegas-neighborhood

http://wkrn.com/2015/11/11/councilman-releases-statement-after-being-shot-in-west-nashville/

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines...n-shot-at-Airport-and-Westwood-346251782.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8195ac-8925-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

"Detectives said a preliminary investigation indicates that the shooting doesn’t appear to be random."

Random or not, it does go on and on...

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...old-boy-shot-in-car-recovering-at-6626957.php

"The boy complained that his back was hurting, and his mother saw that he had a gunshot wound, Smith said."

$20K reward offered in officer-involved shooting case
Mallory E Davis, 9NEWS KUSA

11:48 am mst Nov 12 '15

"The reward money is coming from the City of Commerce City, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Metro Denver Crime Stoppers and the Colorado Department of Public Safety."

[...]

"According to police, there are no Pathfinders in Colorado registered with that plate. The plate number 697-UNZ has had no activity in the state since 2011. The last vehicle to have that plate was sold and is now registered with a Florida plate."

[...]

"a scarf typically worn by soldiers in desert environments. The pattern of the shima was black-and-white houndstooth."

"The left corner of the suspect's glasses were held together by black tape."

LE has great details!

Police offer $20,000 reward to find suspect wanted in shooting of Commerce City Police officer
Deb Stanley, TheDenverChannel.com Team
report more details and video of the press conference, including the contributors to the reward, who are:
11:07 am, Nov 12 '15
25 mins ago

"Asking the public to be vigilant"

"3. The scarf the suspect was wearing was not a bandana, but rather a shemagh, police said. The suspect was described as a white man in his late 40s/early 50s, with brown hair and a thin build."

[...]

"Today, Lord is recovering from the deep-tissue injuries caused by the force of the bullet's impact."

“We are thankful that officer Lord survived this incident,” Commerce City Police Chief Troy Smith said. “With the continued assistance of our community, we hope that this reward money will lead to information."

[... contributing as part of the Safe Streets Task Force, in addition to CO ATF, at the PC]

“There’s no higher priority for us than the attempted murder or murder of a police officer,” FBI spokesman Tom Ravenelle said. “It is incumbent upon us to find him, to prevent him from doing this to anybody else. That is why we donated some money.”

[...]

“We are thankful that officer Lord survived this incident,” Commerce City Police Chief Troy Smith said. “With the continued assistance of our community, we hope that this reward money will lead to information."

[...]

"Police said they have searched numerous neighborhoods and looked at hours of surveillance video, looking for clues. At this point, authorities said they don't have reason to believe that the suspect has left the metro area."

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...p-police-searching-for-suspect-343069842.html

"Law enforcement are still searching for a "desperate and dangerous" man who shot an officer during a traffic stop Sunday.

[...]

Adams County Critical Incident Team is helping with the investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Commerce City Police Department at 303-289-3626."

Commerce City police announce $20,000 reward in case of officer who was shot
The officer's ballistic vest stopped the bullet and his injuries are not life-threatening
By Jordan Steffen, The Denver Post

11/12/15 11:08:35 am mst

"Officials are still investigating other details about what led to the traffic stop. The officer shot at the suspect as he fled the 9700 block of Peoria Street.

[...]

"I have a message for the suspect," Smith said. "Turn yourself in."

~

I wonder if LE has already considered the look alike, Martin Fox, shown here? They've ruled out about half of 60 tips so far, according to MSM, so it is probable they have.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...ted-for-assault-and-felony-menacing/74757356/

Off Topic:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...erce-city-police-department-with-wanted-party

"After a police vehicle chase and search,

[...]

Police took 37-year-old Kirk Len Boyd into custody around 12:20 p.m.

[...]

suspected of shooting an acquaintance in an apartment building in the area of W. 55th Avenue and Newland Street in Arvada.

That's been one of my key takeaways from this thread. I start to pay attention, and I see that there's a lot more craziness going on out there all the time than I'd realized, more shootings where the criminal is thinking strangely and attacking people he doesn't even know. The overall murder rate is much lower in the US than in decades past, but it isn't clear that the "senseless" killings of the kind we have been following has declined.

Lots of people are stressing out, "self medicating", screwing up, and flipping out. There was a recently released report that the life expectancy for middle aged white men in the US has been declining recently, whereas the life expectancy of all other groups has been rising. "If you look at the causes of death in that recent report, that led to the rising mortality of non-hispanic white men of middle age it was drug and alcohol related poisionings, suicide, other drug and alcohol related causes, and external causes of death, homicide, traffic crashes and the like," according to Michael Marmot, a British professor of epidemiology and the President of the World Medical Association in an excellent interview on the Leonard Lopate show.

He makes the point that there are more shooting deaths than HIV/AIDS fatalities and sees the problem as rooted in health issues. That reminded me of the one of the few people we've noted on the thread who seemed to have made a clear contribution to stopping this kind of violence: the anonymous psychiatrist who tipped police that David Moscow was a threat to his fellow students at Front Range Community College, leading to his arrest with a small arsenal of weapons. An ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of investigation.

Me too. I kind of think LE has arrested at least 1 or 2 of our shooters and they keep letting them out without investigating or proving a link to the window shatterings.

I just am not getting any kind of faith that LE is tracking the random window shootings or treating them seriously. I think the Task Force was ONLY for the dead people and I am afraid LE is ignoring the window shatterings and treating them all like BB gun fire.

I hope I am wrong but until LE comes out and says Mr. *advertiser censored* is the guy that has been doing all the highway car window shootings then I have to think they arent even trying to pursue them.

I really am afraid that they think the window shatterings are all stupid kids with BB guns.
Its an easy mistake to think that way unless they have tracked what has been going on to the level of detail like we have here.

Why in the world was this guy allowed to get out on bail? I always thought serious gun charges are dealt with seriously?

Here we have a guy shooting guns from a moving vehicle and he was a previous offender and they let him out after 2 days. My goodness. I used to feel safe knowing when a criminal got arrested. From now on unless I hear of a prison sentence I am going to assume that all people who get arrested will be walking the streets in a couple days. Even if they have prior records and even after another LE officer saw him in the act shooting. Good Grief.

For all we know, he could be one of the random highway glass shatterers. LE wont be asking him any more questions because he is out already.

"He is charged with possession of a weapon by a previous offender and illegal discharge of a firearm."

http://fox21news.com/2015/11/11/man-arrested-after-shots-fired-from-moving-car/

"Wondering why police were stressing that the scarf in the sketch was not a bandana, but rather a shemagh"?

<Respectfully Snipped from FindHG's post above>

"3. The scarf the suspect was wearing was not a bandana, but rather a shemagh, police said. The suspect was described as a white man in his late 40s/early 50s, with brown hair and a thin build."

'Interesting read'..

http://survivalcache.com/shemaghs-a-survival-must-have/

Shemaghs, A Survival &#8220;Must Have&#8221;

The Shemagh
When I deployed to the Middle East, I found that all the locals in country would wrap their heads with Shemagh Headdress in cloth, to cover their faces and/or heads. Even on relatively nice days, these people would cover their faces while the rest of the American soldiers would not. I thought to myself &#8220;Well, they must be onto something here.&#8221;

<snipped - read more>

Hatfield, similar cases in Arizona and the below from Cobb County, GA, then so many more incidents... thank you for the information and your thoughts. I'm not able to make sense of it, but not much does when people choose to kill willy-nilly.

Marietta man convicted of shooting at cars in act of gang loyalty
David Markiewicz, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

9:04 pm Thursday, Nov 12 '15

"In the first incident, two unidentified people from Lopez&#8217;s vehicle shot at a red car driven by a pregnant woman and her husband on Bankhead Highway. Later that day, on Hicks Road, a shotgun was fired from Lopez&#8217;s Ford Explorer at another red car."

"Wondering why police were stressing that the scarf in the sketch was not a bandana, but rather a shemagh"

<Respectfully snipped>

'Interesting read'..

The Shemagh
When I deployed to the Middle East, I found that all the locals in country would wrap their heads with Shemagh Headdress in cloth, to cover their faces and/or heads. Even on relatively nice days, these people would cover their faces while the rest of the American soldiers would not. I thought to myself &#8220;Well, they must be onto something here.&#8221;

<snipped - read more>

Foxfire, thank your for the information. It's good to see the outreach with details and interesting that LE has reason to believe he's still in the Metro Area.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...d-in-shooting-of-commerce-city-police-officer

There's more details in the video update, notably, about a piece of black tape holding his glasses together and on the scarf

'that police say they are not widely used and may help catch this guy'

Screenshot 2015-11-12 at 10.59.10 PM.jpg

<Respectfully Snipped from FindHG's post above>

'Interesting read'..

The Shemagh
When I deployed to the Middle East, I found that all the locals in country would wrap their headsShemagh Headdress in cloth, to cover their faces and/or heads. Even on relatively nice days, these people would cover their faces while the rest of the American soldiers would not. I thought to myself &#8220;Well, they must be onto something here.&#8221;

<snipped - read more>

Hatfield, similar cases in Arizona and the below from Cobb County, GA, then so many more incidents... thank you for the information and your thoughts. I'm not able to make sense of it, but not much does when people choose to kill willy-nilly.

Marietta man convicted of shooting at cars in act of gang loyalty
David Markiewicz, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

9:04 pm Thursday, Nov 12 '15

"In the first incident, two unidentified people from Lopez’s vehicle shot at a red car driven by a pregnant woman and her husband on Bankhead Highway. Later that day, on Hicks Road, a shotgun was fired from Lopez’s Ford Explorer at another red car."

I remember pouring cold water on an suggestion of Hatfields months ago that some highway shootings might be part of gang rituals. I take it back.

That's been one of my key takeaways from this thread. I start to pay attention, and I see that there's a lot more craziness going on out there all the time than I'd realized, more shootings where the criminal is thinking strangely and attacking people he doesn't even know. The overall murder rate is much lower in the US than in decades past, but it isn't clear that the "senseless" killings of the kind we have been following has declined.

Lots of people are stressing out, "self medicating", screwing up, and flipping out. There was a recently released report that the life expectancy for middle aged white men in the US has been declining recently, whereas the life expectancy of all other groups has been rising. "If you look at the causes of death in that recent report, that led to the rising mortality of non-hispanic white men of middle age it was drug and alcohol related poisionings, suicide, other drug and alcohol related causes, and external causes of death, homicide, traffic crashes and the like," according to Michael Marmot, a British professor of epidemiology and the President of the World Medical Association in an excellent interview on the Leonard Lopate show.

He makes the point that there are more shooting deaths than HIV/AIDS fatalities and sees the problem as rooted in health issues. That reminded me of the one of the few people we've noted on the thread who seemed to have made a clear contribution to stopping this kind of violence: the anonymous psychiatrist who tipped police that David Moscow was a threat to his fellow students at Front Range Community College, leading to his arrest with a small arsenal of weapons. An ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of investigation.

There seems to be a wide array of context to apply, sadly so, but fascinating. I knew a guy who liked to knit, who lived a nice long life.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20151112/NEWS01/151119636
Man guilty in shooting spree that targeted police stations and officers
By Diana Hefley, Herald Writer,
Thursday, November 12 '15, 8:18 pm

"A Snohomish County jury on Thursday convicted Hans Hansen of multiple counts of first-degree assault, drive-by shooting and discharging a firearm. Jurors deliberated for two days but could not reach a verdict on two counts of attempted first-degree murder."
[...]
"The defense had argued that Hansen wasn't aiming at police officers. He was desperate to die but taking his own life was contrary to his religious beliefs, jurors were told."

"Hansen's wife testified during the three-week trial that her husband began drinking and became depressed after he was told that he likely was going to lose his leg to a vascular condition. His cabinet business was failing and his family was facing foreclosure on their Lake Stevens home."[...]

Off Topic: or more context

http://wgnsradio.com/update-road-rage-incident-on-wednesday-ends-with-one-being-shot-cms-29706

58-year old James Ross who stated that he was shot once.
22-year old Isaac Garner, he stated, "I feared for my life, I feared for my life."
Ross told police that Garner was driving about 20 miles per hour so he passed him. Ross said that Garner then flipped him a bird and swerved towards him. Ross then pulled in front of Garner and exited his vehicle. Ross said he was unsure if the driver was male or female as he approached the car due to the length of Garners hair.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/local/crime/article44477364.html

the victim was traveling west on Fruitland Avenue around 6 a.m. when a dark-colored vehicle pulled up next to him and someone from inside opened fire. He was shot once as he drove away. The vehicle was struck multiple times.

http://abc13.com/news/10-year-old-shot-in-road-rage-incident-in-nw-houston/1082207/
a second kid, not the same as upthread

Me too. I kind of think LE has arrested at least 1 or 2 of our shooters and they keep letting them out without investigating or proving a link to the window shatterings.

I just am not getting any kind of faith that LE is tracking the random window shootings or treating them seriously. I think the Task Force was ONLY for the dead people and I am afraid LE is ignoring the window shatterings and treating them all like BB gun fire.

I hope I am wrong but until LE comes out and says Mr. *advertiser censored* is the guy that has been doing all the highway car window shootings then I have to think they arent even trying to pursue them.

I really am afraid that they think the window shatterings are all stupid kids with BB guns.
Its an easy mistake to think that way unless they have tracked what has been going on to the level of detail like we have here.

Agreed. You found the words to explain what I have been thinking about too.

David Moscow had an ankle bracelet on, I think, since he had been let out on bond. Let's take him for example. Obviously it was noticed that he entered a no contact perimeter (the college he threatened to burn down a week prior), hence his rearrest, but, for example, did they happen to check if by any chance he might have been near the sunroof incidents? I am not saying he is our guy by any means, just saying I hope there is crosschecking going on with all these nutjobs, just like we do with RSO's...

I am interested in the psychology of a rampage vs the kind of shooter(s) we are possibly looking for, and where do these lines possibly blend? In some other cases I've seen, some perps, Travis Forbes for example, cross over different boundries, with regards to MO, disposal, victim preference, etc.

Also, I have seen some crazy coincidences here. For example, MJK being ruled out in Elizabeth's and Lyric's case. The point is, it can happen that there is no relation between our shatterings and CR/JJ and Connole. Now what we do know is that LE has linked CR and JJ. That is big...that keeps me going here, I think.

My opinion is that the shatterings are obviously very possibly important, especially regarding their proximity and virtual overlapping in our hot zones, geographically and chronologically.

What if it's a woman :eek:

(Any of yall seen the show Deadly Women on ID? Bunch of nujobs on that show...)

(Note to self to put together a brief Cliff's Notes for any new folks popping in. We are over 1000 posts here, approaching thread 4. I'm grateful knock on wood for no more fatalities.)

Eta:

CLIFF'S NOTES, marking spot, half asleep, rough sketch:

Truck sketch / This is pretty much all they've given us:
attachment.php

CR: Cori Romero shot in the neck while driving:
attachment.php

John Jacoby, bicyclist randomly shot and killed:
attachment.php

LE says CR's and JJ's cases are linked / LE says they appear to be random shootings
Msm link.

William Connole killed in Loveland (pedestrian):
attachment.php

Vehicle Window/Windshield Shatterings
Spreadsheet
Case Map
Updated Map/Incidents Screenshot from Forager's map:
attachment.php

Task Force
Media Sources: 7news, 9news, thecoloradoan, denverpost, reporterherald, fox31
Press Conferences

Other:
Images of windshields shattered
Vehicles of possible interest
Incident list screenshot / shatterings

Searches:
Dairy Farm
Downtown Loveland iirc

Guns / possible trajectories / ammunition / topographies, vantage points / satellite images
Pyschological / profiling aspects

TOMNOD Digital Globe / Drones (note to self, start thread on SAR News re: latest news on new SAR drone unveiled)

:eek:fftobed:

Attachments

• 635706657270929750-noco-shooting-truck.jpg
    635706657270929750-noco-shooting-truck.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 51
  • cyclist~2.jpg
    cyclist~2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 295D593F00000578-0-image-m-21_1433461878049.jpg
    295D593F00000578-0-image-m-21_1433461878049.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 28E143FA00000578-3088334-image-a-32_1432089587621.jpg
    28E143FA00000578-3088334-image-a-32_1432089587621.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_2015-11-13-01-04-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-13-01-04-23.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 50
(Re: my above post 1027, wishful thinking maybe, why would they crosscheck sky debris. )

(Note to self to put together a brief Cliff's Notes for any new folks popping in. We are over 1000 posts here, approaching thread 4. I'm grateful knock on wood for no more fatalities.)

Eta:

CLIFF'S NOTES, marking spot, half asleep, rough sketch:

Truck sketch / This is pretty much all they've given us:
attachment.php

CR: Cori Romero shot in the neck while driving:
attachment.php

John Jacoby, bicyclist randomly shot and killed:
attachment.php

LE says CR's and JJ's cases are linked / LE says they appear to be random shootings
Msm link.

William Connole killed in Loveland (pedestrian):
attachment.php

Vehicle Window/Windshield Shatterings
Spreadsheet
Case Map
Updated Map/Incidents Screenshot from Forager's map:
attachment.php

Task Force
Media Sources: 7news, 9news, thecoloradoan, denverpost, reporterherald, fox31
Press Conferences

Other:
Images of windshields shattered
Vehicles of possible interest
Incident list screenshot / shatterings

Searches:
Dairy Farm
Downtown Loveland iirc

Guns / possible trajectories / ammunition / topographies, vantage points / satellite images
Pyschological / profiling aspects

TOMNOD Digital Globe / Drones (note to self, start thread on SAR News re: latest news on new SAR drone unveiled)

:eek:fftobed:

Thanks for thinking of doing that about the Cliff Notes Summary.

Certain new things happened along the way. Leading off with our "map" and briefly explaining about a series of many unknown shootings mainly on the highways around Denver may be a good leadoff for the summary. Then, the killings, etc. etc.

We could even put it on the first page of our thread as a Cliff Notes Summary for the thread.

This is a complex story here that has evolved over time. What continues to floor me is the huge volume of shootings on that map. My goodness. I've never seen any other state in America have that many highway shootings like that.

AZ did not tolerate it when it started to happen to them. I am concerned why CO LE seemed to tolerate it to an extent without throwing fits about it. It must be the geo-political environment there that I don't understand.

I am hoping the people involved in doing the random highway shootings just get tired of "the fad" and maybe it will stop all on its own. I would also like to see the murders be solved for the 3 main murders we have included.

Nov 2 Colorado man charged for having high-capacity magazine
According to the arrest affidavit, Moscow was disgruntled because he wanted to be re-admitted into FRCC.

Investigators say they found a Glock 27 .40-caliber handgun with <snip> two additional magazines in his vehicle. While searching his home, <snip>found New Frontier AR-15 .223 assault rifle <snip>with two 30-round magazines (coupled) and inserted in the rifle and two additional 20-round magazines <snip>. Officers also located 21 .40-caliber rounds with the handgun inside his vehicle <snip>. Sixty rounds of .223 ammo were inserted into the rifle and an additional 311 rounds of .223 ammo were found in his closet. Police also discovered amphetamine pills

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/11/02/large-magazine-charge/75033338/

Nov 4 First large-capacity magazine charge filed in Larimer
"Moscow posted his $37,500 cash bond on Saturday, was issued an ankle monitor and barred from coming within 50 yards of any FRCC property.... He is due in court Monday." [Nov 9]

"[Sheriff] Smith maintained the laws [regarding large capacity ammo] were "unenforceable."

&#8220;The truth is that magazine restrictions are about as effective at deterring criminals as gun free zones. Both can make certain people feel good, but in the end, they do nothing to protect the community,&#8221; [Sheriff] Smith wrote

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...acity-magazine-charge-filed-larimer/74887236/

CO Law regarding large capacity ammunition basically bans magazines that hold more than 15 rounds of ammo

RE: CO HOUSE BILL 13-1224 This act takes effect July 1, 2013.

SECTION 1. In Colorado Revised Statutes, add part 3 to article 12 of title 18:

Part 3 LARGE-CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?open&file=1224_enr.pdf

From the link FindHG provided in post #1022:

"Experts said SUR 13 [Gang] has 75,000 members in the United States who commit crimes ranging from murder to narcotics trafficking..."

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/marietta-man-convicted-of-shooting-at-cars-in-act-/npML4/

David Moscow, 29yo, does not seem to be involved with the random shootings since his motive was to punish FRCC for not readmitting him. I could be so wrong in that his disgruntlement could have led him to shoot randomly at vehicles.

The puzzle pieces are not fitting together nicely. Why not? What could we be missing? Are these attacks part of the SUR nationwide gang?

BTW ~ I remain amazed at the remarkable skills that posters on this thread possess. My head bows to each of you. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74