Resolved CO - Pueblo, Black male, #UP99114, 6'6" and found with unique hat and personal items, Oct'22 - namus removed

sunflowermomma

Reaction score
This NAMUS case is really bugging me: 6'6" Black male found in Pueblo, CO on October 27, 2022. His height and the distinct fashion items found with him make me feel like he can be identified and brought back to his family.

He was wearing the following items, photos of all items on NAMUS (no photos of decedent):

- Black "Android Jones" brand hat with purple triangles around it - This is a really specific and relatively small artist/designer that is really popular in the electronic music scene. The hats are expensive and do not show up for resale online often. This makes me think it was not a donation, it was an intentional purchase, and the specific hat was likely a limited run.
-mushroom pin on the hat
-socks that had "Mandolorian" on them
-black sweatpants (track style)
-black shirt
-size 13 Air Jordans
-one ring found with a skull on it - one ring, square in shape, with lion symbols on each side

He also had weed on him and a "Cookies" brand small black shoulder bag with one strap, which is a nice brand of bags/backpacks that make smell-proof products, which makes me think that he was conscious about smelling like weed or being respectful about its usage. He also had "Laughlin AFB" imprinted on a tag and a "Core Hemp" brand multi-colored bag, backpack style likely?

Any ideas? I posted on an electronic music forum that has lots of references to Android Jones (the hat artist) to see if anyone recognizes this model or knows of a 6'6" Black man (or potentially teen?) missing from the local music scene.

hat.png

Doing some sleuthing/well-intentioned stalking...

I found that Android Jones played a show at the Fiske Planetarium in Colorado Springs the first week of October. If someone is a big enough fan to buy a hat, they definitely would have seen them in person if hey had the chance.

I found an instagram profile for a Black male, US Army veteran, who was 18-20 in 2014. He tagged photos in Boulder, CO on October 11, 2022, and most interestingly, hasn't posted since October 24th, 2022, despite being a fairly regular poster throughout the rest of 2022. I can't tell how tall he is though.

I wonder if those hats were sold at the concert? Colorado Springs is about an hour and a half away from Pueblo, so if he lived in Pueblo it would be a completely reasonable distance to drive to see an artist you were a big fan of IMO. The style of bag he had with him is also very popular with concert goers.

Davante Richardson left Washington DC to get involved in Kanye West's music, car found abandoned in Wyoming:

Richardson is reported to be 6' 1".

Car was found 8 to 10 hours away in Wyoming.

Davante Richardson & family deserve better; as does this thread's decedent & family!

I found that Android Jones played a show at the Fiske Planetarium in Colorado Springs the first week of October. If someone is a big enough fan to buy a hat, they definitely would have seen them in person if hey had the chance.

I found an instagram profile for a Black male, US Army veteran, who was 18-20 in 2014. He tagged photos in Boulder, CO on October 11, 2022, and most interestingly, hasn't posted since October 24th, 2022, despite being a fairly regular poster throughout the rest of 2022. I can't tell how tall he is though.
Is he reported missing in NAMUS? That would allow details to be shared here. Somebody knows this man of distinctive height is missing.

This NAMUS case is really bugging me: 6'6" Black male found in Pueblo, CO on October 27, 2022. His height and the distinct fashion items found with him make me feel like he can be identified and brought back to his family.

He was wearing the following items, photos of all items on NAMUS (no photos of decedent):

- Black "Android Jones" brand hat with purple triangles around it - This is a really specific and relatively small artist/designer that is really popular in the electronic music scene. The hats are expensive and do not show up for resale online often. This makes me think it was not a donation, it was an intentional purchase, and the specific hat was likely a limited run.
-mushroom pin on the hat
-socks that had "Mandolorian" on them
-black sweatpants (track style)
-black shirt
-size 13 Air Jordans
-one ring found with a skull on it - one ring, square in shape, with lion symbols on each side

He also had weed on him and a "Cookies" brand small black shoulder bag with one strap, which is a nice brand of bags/backpacks that make smell-proof products, which makes me think that he was conscious about smelling like weed or being respectful about its usage. He also had "Laughlin AFB" imprinted on a tag and a "Core Hemp" brand multi-colored bag, backpack style likely?

Any ideas? I posted on an electronic music forum that has lots of references to Android Jones (the hat artist) to see if anyone recognizes this model or knows of a 6'6" Black man (or potentially teen?) missing from the local music scene.

View attachment 399866
Just some thoughts:

Laughlin is an Air Force Base in Del Rio
Colorado Springs has Peterson Air Force Base as well as Fort Carson Army Base

$100+ shoes, $50+ hat & other items say to me he wasn't homeless

I wonder if those hats were sold at the concert? Colorado Springs is about an hour and a half away from Pueblo, so if he lived in Pueblo it would be a completely reasonable distance to drive to see an artist you were a big fan of IMO. The style of bag he had with him is also very popular with concert goers.
Colorado Springs is only 40 minutes from Pueblo on I-25
---------------------------

Android Jones Sanskara Experience in Oct. 2022 at Fiske Planetarium, Pueblo on the University of Colorado campus in Boulder, not too far from Lyons, CO where Android (Andrew) Jones was born. Boulder is 2 hours north of Pueblo.

If Air Force-affiliated, some Facebook groups might help ID?

Wearing (to me imho) pricey shoes & pricey hat made him a robbery target, so no wallet and no ID???

Big guy, again imho assailant would have needed a weapon to subdue/gain cooperation.

I would think a current service member would be identified already?

Is he reported missing in NAMUS? That would allow details to be shared here. Somebody knows this man of distinctive height is missing.

He is not, and couldn't find any social media posts about him since he has not posted. Bookmarking it but still searching. There are several NAMUS cases that may fit but I cannot find photos or more info about most of them.

Ryan Daeshun Mouton missing from Houston since April 2022. Age 16, height is listed from 5'5" to 6'5" which is a big range but maybe makes sense as boys are still going through growth spurts at that age? CPS is letting him age out of the system which sounds negligent at best...

Easton Christie, 15, missing since February 2022 from Norman, OK. Ran away from a juvenile treatment facility.

Lots of homeless and transient youth in that area of Colorado and in rave scenes - there is often a strong family element, so it would make sense that either teen runaway may end up there.

Demarion Thompson, 16, missing since August 2020 from San Antonio, TX. Very little info here.

edit - I found a current address/contact for Ricky, seems very likely he is fine.
Ricky Everett Washington, 17, missing since September 2019 from Murfreesboro, TN, also very little info here. At least a photo this time.

Last edited:
Wearing (to me imho) pricey shoes & pricey hat made him a robbery target, so no wallet and no ID???

Big guy, again imho assailant would have needed a weapon to subdue/gain cooperation.

Yes. I wish his Namus listed an age range & clues as to manner of death, if known.

I'm looking for a news story that might give a better description of where he was found.

Agree, a missing active service member would definitely be noted. I wonder if potentially his father served, the keychain looks like something you get at an event similar to a company picnic or banquet or something - my dad served and has a bunch of trinkets like that with army info.

Found additional photos of items found with our Doe:View attachment 400137

SOURCE
Info re: BAADD & SAPR @ Laughlin AFB

The Laughlin Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program reinforces the Air Force’s commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual assault through awareness and prevention training, education, victim advocacy, response, and reporting.

Does it show what item the keychain was attached to? The backpack?

Also, I am not familiar with Texas. If someone was stationed at Laughlin AFB, what town would they live in? Laughlin itsef, or surrounding areas?
Laughlin AFB is in Del Rio, on the border.

The keychain is on the multicolor pack in the pics I shared. Maybe it's random, as in already attached when he bought that bag? I'd like to think it's a big clue.

LE could check the Sanskara event at Fiske Planetarium to see if there is a roster of attendees.

JMO

Looks like the pin may be distinct as well- this artist is on hiatus from Etsy but is from Colorado. If they wholesale to shops in the area, that might narrow down where the hat was purchased too. (I did unfortunately find the same pin on Amazon, so it'll depend on if this was an original design by this artist or not, I think) Mushroom Hat Pin Mushroom Hat Pin Double Post - Etsy

This sounds like a good lead, any idea on how we might dig further? I'm not familiar with how instagram works, but is there a way to reach out to people he follows or who follows him? In his history, has he posted about any businesses or items he has purchased so that we could inquire with those vendors?

I emailed the following organization about this UID today. They mainly take reports of missing persons but I thought it was worth a try. They have a searchable database but it is very basic so without a name & known last city/state of residence, it doesn't help much. I didn't see any potential CO matches listed (there were only a few).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back