CO CO - Robert Charles Browne - possibly connected to 48 slayings

Debra Pscholka disappeared in California in the early 70's..I wonder if she could be one of his victims.....Hers is a completely cold case with no leads or tips whatsover..she just vanished

Rle7 said:
"Some of the things he said are not panning out"
Indeed, starting with the Self case where evidence doesn't support Browne's claims. I imagine it's the same for many of the other murders he claims to have perpetrated.

A convicted killer's stunning claim that he was responsible for up to 49 slayings has rekindled investigations in at least seven states, but no new charges have been filed since his account was made public a year ago.

Authorities in Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana say they are reviewing Robert Charles Browne's claims, The Gazette newspaper reported. Officials in four other states have ruled him out as a suspect or dropped their investigations for lack of evidence.

It wasn't clear whether or when Browne might be charged.

"It's not like he's out walking the streets," said police Capt. Gary Cox, of Sugar Land, Texas, where Browne claimed to have killed 17-year-old Nidia Mendoza in 1984.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5650651,00.html

Seven sacred virgins, entombed side by side, those less worthy, are scattered wide. The score is you 1, the other team 48. If you were to drive to the end zone in a white Trans Am, the score could be 9 to 48. That would complete your home court sphere.”

Football
Basketball

WTH?

Mr. Browne closed the letter by demanding that he not be contacted. ;)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they visit him everyday.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/296ufwa.html

296UFWA.jpg

I wonder?????? How awful.

Does anyone have a chronology on this character? That is where he was at various times and a list of suspected crimes committed by him? One post stated that he began his work in 1970 - perhaps that was his first known murder. Where was he in 1969 and earlier?

I get really suspicous of these guys who start claiming responsibilty for every unsolved murder and disappearence in the country.
Of course everyone wants to clear these cases but alot of these guys just like the attention of LE coming to them like they have all the answers.
I remember when Lucas and Toole were claiming they knocked off every one from the Lindberg Baby to Marilyn Monroe...sadly there are still people who think they did.

I get really suspicous of these guys who start claiming responsibilty for every unsolved murder and disappearence in the country.
Of course everyone wants to clear these cases but alot of these guys just like the attention of LE coming to them like they have all the answers.
I remember when Lucas and Toole were claiming they knocked off every one from the Lindberg Baby to Marilyn Monroe...sadly there are still people who think they did.

There are different kinds of serial killers - those who brag about their crimes and try to claim many more, and those who say nothing or claim complete innocence. All of them are such liars that if you asked them what time it was - and they told you, you would want to check your watch to be sure.

Anything they say has to be checked and verified.

Bumping this thread up. Any updates on this guy?

Stumbled onto this today--bumping again in case anyone's heard anything new...

In his confession, authorities say Browne admitted to murdering up to 48 other people in a period spanning from 1970 until his arrest. Browne instigated a new investigation by sending a cryptic letter to the authorities in 2000. The letter read "Seven sacred virgins entombed side by side, those less worthy are scattered wide, the score is you 1, the other team 48.” The letter included a hand drawn map with outlines of Colorado, Washington, California, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi, with the body count written inside each state.[5]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Charles_Browne"]Robert Charles Browne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Does anyone have a chronology on this character? That is where he was at various times and a list of suspected crimes committed by him? One post stated that he began his work in 1970 - perhaps that was his first known murder. Where was he in 1969 and earlier?

This is what I want to know too.
He was discharged from the military in 76' but claims victims in the early 70's... so he must not have been deployed.

All the murders he claims he committed in the 70's are in Louisiana.
He doesn't appear to have gone west to Colorado until the 90's.

Do we know if he ever went further than Colorado?
Utah?
Nevada?
Arizona?
California?

I want to know where he was in 1977.

This is what I want to know too.
He was discharged from the military in 76' but claims victims in the early 70's... so he must not have been deployed.

All the murders he claims he committed in the 70's are in Louisiana.
He doesn't appear to have gone west to Colorado until the 90's.

Do we know if he ever went further than Colorado?
Utah?
Nevada?
Arizona?
California?

I want to know where he was in 1977.
According to this research summary, he was down my way in New Orleans from 1977-79 and claims to have committed at least one murder here, and one down in Morgan City. Excellent timeline in the linked article.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%20405/serial%20killers/Browne,%20Robert%20Charles%20_2008,%20spring_.pdf

The "French Quarter Lady" murder is discussed on p.31 in this report. NOPD detectives claim no record of any such murder. That doesn't mean much, though. A prostitute murdered in a motel would be a blip on the radar. And many records were destroyed in Katrina. I remember one Holiday Inn that was open in 1977 and fits his description, but not the location. There was a HI on Airline Hwy back then that was only two stories, and it wasn't a far drive from the FQ. Or he was confused about the name, and it wasn't a HI at all.

http://shr.elpasoco.com/NR/rdonlyre...881E-823EAF9CB85F/0/BrowneArrestAffidavit.pdf

This was to weird not to share with everyone i know. This is some misc research I was doing and the SHOCKING discovery I found....so dam weird.

I was doing some miscellaneous research on a Serial Killer named Robert Charles Browne. The link below contains some background info on this SK. I became interested in this case due to the large outstanding "claimed" body count and the cryptic riddles the SK provided to LE, presumably as some sort of instruction to find more bodies. The specific cryptic riddle that interested me was the following:

"Seven sacred virgins, entombed side by side, those less worthy, are scattered wide,” the letter read. “The score is you 1, the other team 48. If you were to drive to the end zone in a white Trans Am, the score could be 9 to 48.”

I started my focus on the "white trans am" and "end zone", primarily because I am a sports nut and the sports references appealed to me. Well I am not really sure how I equated "white trans am" with "movies", but that is what I eventually searched google on. Well I came across a website that identified movies with "trans ams" in them. What was even better, most of the descriptions included the color of the car depicted in that movie. To get to the point, I found a match. The movie was called "Dazed and Confused". It was released in 1993 and did indeed star a "white trans am". The main characters involved, played football for their high school and there was a scene in which they drove the "white trans am" onto the football field. And if I am not mistaken, the characters goofed around scoring touchdowns in the "endzone". The above letter by Browne was not written until 2000. It was also interesting to note that "Dazed and Confused" is a popular song by Led Zepplin. Seemingly about "deceptive\deceiving women"? Browne has stated himself that he thought women were nothing but liars, manipulators and cheaters.

So at this point I sidebarred, and started researching the Led Zepplin angle. I found nothing in the lyrics besides the aforementioned "women" connotations. Then I started searching for places or areas or locations that contained "Zeppilin". Zeppilin Rock, River, Creek, Pond, Boulder, Park, Farm. Something that could be a dump location in and around the SouthWest. Besides a Zeppelin Farm in CA, I found nothing of relevance.

So now I turned my attention back to the movie, "Dazed and Confused". After reviewing the Wikipage for background information on the movie. I noticed the movie was set in Austin, Texas. This means nothing and renders this line of thinking moot, if Browne was a SK operating in Maine. But he is actually convicted of killing two people in Texas. One, an hour away from Austin in Flatonia.

Well now I am looking at a Google Street Map of Austin. I am just perusing for anything that would stick out or grab my attention. Anything that could fit the riddle. After not seeing much with Street view, I switched the google view to Terrain\Satellite. After switching to this view I noticed an icon depicting "Colorado River Wildlife Sanctuary". I was like hmm, well this guy talks in "sacred" terminology, the same person I would also see being enamored with a term like 'Sanctuary". So now I am back to just zooming in and out, crawling along the waterway terrain of this Sanctuary.

Welp, I kid you not, I came across, what looks to be an abandoned "white" vehicle, sitting in a small clearing, with no discernible roads leading to it. In the middle of this wildlife sanctuary!! So wild and weird. The front end looks to be damaged and the roof seems to be aged, warped.

MOST IMPORTANT - A Google Earth historical shot from 2002 still shows the car being there. That is very close to the 2000 writing of his letter and has been there for over 11yrs.

I figure buy substituting "Austin" for "end zone" and "car" for "Trans Am", the riddle could now roughly translate to "drive to Austin and find the white car"?? Will lead you to 8 more bodies??

Browne was a truck\delivery driver. Notice the massive trucking company immediately to the north of the Sanctuary.

I think I found this dude's car.

**Do not know how to link the photos. You will have to Google Map, "Colorado River Wildlife Sanctuary" in terrain\satellite view. Zoom in and its to the left of the map icon for the Sanctuary.

http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/browne-robert-charles.htm

Is this the white car, SK_Hunter?

Map of Colorado River Wildlife Sanctuary

Affadavit to the arrest warrant in Colorado, 2006, for the 1987 murder of Rocio Sperry -- 44 pages with texts from some of the notes and details of other murders. According to the affadavit, the white Pontiac Grand Am was recovered.

On 04/14/05, at approximately 11:00 a.m., Detective Rick Frady of the El Paso County
Sheriff’s Office contacted Diane Odendahl of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation,
Program Support Unit. Detective Frady had provided Ms. Odendahl a vehicle
identification number of 1G2NE14U1HC926030 from a white 1987 Pontiac Grand Am
which had been reported stolen to the Colorado Springs Police Department on 11/15/87
(case report #87-33456). The vehicle was recovered on 11/29/87. The Pontiac was
registered to Joseph A. Sperry. Detective Frady did learn the last known address for Mr.
Sperry was in the West Palm Beach, Florida, area.

Attachments

• WHITE CAR COLORADO RIVER SANCTUARY.JPG
    WHITE CAR COLORADO RIVER SANCTUARY.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 19
  • WHITE CAR COLORADO RIVER SANCTUARY-2.JPG
    WHITE CAR COLORADO RIVER SANCTUARY-2.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 19
Is this the white car, SK_Hunter?

Map of Colorado River Wildlife Sanctuary

Affadavit to the arrest warrant in Colorado, 2006, for the 1987 murder of Rocio Sperry -- 44 pages with texts from some of the notes and details of other murders. According to the affadavit, the white Pontiac Grand Am was recovered.

Yes. That is it exactly. Thanks for posting.

About the recovered car you mentioned, if i understand the chronology of events correctly, Browne's first letter was the "Sacred" tomb, "White Trans Am" letter. When no movement was made on his provided information (I believe he skulked that they probably didnt care and were not working on it) he then offered them the Sperry information. Not sure that the two are related or not, but I see them as two different cases. I did not expect them to find the "Sacred Tomb" or "White Trans Am" when they located Sperry. JMO

If anyone is interested, a Texas Ranger is scheduled to hike out to this location tomorrow in an attempt to locate the vehicle. Not really sure it gets more exciting than this! :please:

Here's a show I ran across about this case for anyone interested.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29bfuFvPzBs"]Catch my Killer Dealing with the Devil - YouTube[/ame]

If anyone is interested, a Texas Ranger is scheduled to hike out to this location tomorrow in an attempt to locate the vehicle. Not really sure it gets more exciting than this! :please:

Good news: They have located the vehicle

Bad news: It is partially submerged. Unseasonable flooding.

Consulting Dive Team on recovery options.

TBC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back