CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

Welcome, Leilaini. I'm so sorry about your cousin Roger. It is, to me, one of the strangest disappearances I've seen. If you can share anything from the family, feel free.

Welcome, Leilaini. I'm so sorry about your cousin Roger. It is, to me, one of the strangest disappearances I've seen. If you can share anything from the family, feel free.
Ill have to ask my mom and see if she remembers more. I dont think she has thought about it in years really. So much time has passed.

Thank you for the post Laelaini. I have followed Roger's case for a long time. What did your family think about John Pash? I wonder if Roger took his own life. What do you think happened to him?

One of the reasons I joined WS, "Hello Sleuthies!"
It's on the first pages of thread #1.
I don't know why his intro was removed because that was a perfect WS moment imo:
"Hello Sleuthies!
I use this term because it is obvious that you all lack the skill necessary to be a true sleuth. And what is that needed skill? The ability to reason, both deductively or inductively. What you all do is take a questionable rumor, factualize it so you can make it fit your needs, and then pat yourselves on the back thinking you have made a substantial advance in criminal investigations. It is rather obvious that you are a group of “wannabes”. So get out your yellow legal pad and pencil so we can begin the process. I found 2 other sites which I will include in this discussion- the Charley Project and Finding Roger Ellison. You may want to be wearing a trenchcoat and galooshes, and have your umbrella open, because it’s about to hit the fan."
imo jmo and it's also out there and linked previously.
I wonder if he's still around?

One of the reasons I joined WS, "Hello Sleuthies!"
It's on the first pages of thread #1.
I don't know why his intro was removed because that was a perfect WS moment imo:
"Hello Sleuthies!
I use this term because it is obvious that you all lack the skill necessary to be a true sleuth. And what is that needed skill? The ability to reason, both deductively or inductively. What you all do is take a questionable rumor, factualize it so you can make it fit your needs, and then pat yourselves on the back thinking you have made a substantial advance in criminal investigations. It is rather obvious that you are a group of “wannabes”. So get out your yellow legal pad and pencil so we can begin the process. I found 2 other sites which I will include in this discussion- the Charley Project and Finding Roger Ellison. You may want to be wearing a trenchcoat and galooshes, and have your umbrella open, because it’s about to hit the fan."
imo jmo and it's also out there and linked previously.
I wonder if he's still around?

No he passed away a few years ago. I wonder if Robert shared with Pash that he was depressed and/or suicidal in that journal entry. Many seemingly happy people suffer in silence.

Last edited:
No he passed away a few years ago. I wonder if Robert shared with Pash that he was depressed and/or suicidal in that journal entry. Many seemingly happy people suffer in silence.
Very true. It's been a while since I read about Roger, but 17 can be a difficult age for some. One foot in adulthood and the other clinging on to the safety of childhood. And if you don't know where you're going you can end up in a bad place. I don't think self-harm was ever one of my own theories though.
Wasn't there a UID later found in CO looking very much like Roger? And was ruled out, but I wonder now what ruled him out as we have since seen ID'd people who were on their own rule-out lists on NamUs...

Thank you for the post Laelaini. I have followed Roger's case for a long time. What did your family think about John Pash? I wonder if Roger took his own life. What do you think happened to him?
Never, that I ever remember hearing, was it even contemplated that suicide was possible. He was so excited about his next ski trip and college.

As far as Mr Pash. I think there has always been unanswered questions there. However, I don't remember there ever being anything absolute there either. Which was part of the heartbreak.

Thank you for answering, Laelaini. Roger certainly had a lot to look forward to. Do you know anything about the diary assignment Roger allegedly wrote, which was then handed over to police?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back