CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

I agree. Did the poachers ever identify who they saw with Ellison?

Yes. He fit the description of a man who was rumoured to be involved in the disappearance but left the area. Sounds like Roger was involved in some sort of illegal activity according to the article. Drugs?

Bumping for Roger. We haven't forgotten you, hopping to find you soon.

Weeeell, think of it from his point of view. Imagine being an innocent person who works with young people and then being falsely accused by strangers of paedophilia and murder! I would find the query about mentoring pretty young boys was suggesting that he had an untoward interest in pretty young boys and mentoring them was a cover to get close, and sorry but if I was an innocent person dogged by this for thirty years vicious and rude would be the least of my insults.

I'm not saying you were wrong, just that from his point of view its understandable to be mad.

I can't see it being pash, he's remained a teacher, had no complaints raised against him aside from some anonymous blog comment which could be from anyone including the killer!

Like sdo many cases this case has so many rumiurs its hard to separate fact from myth, fact from assumption. Did his mum see him get on the bus, or did she see him leave, see rthe bus leave and assume he was on it! Did the friend actually see Rodger, or did he just see the books and assume he had been there. I know the article states they spoke but how accurate is that as it seems like a quote of a quote of a quote!

The death bed confession is odd. Why lie on your deathbed? But the story was confirmed by the other man, and if Rodger was met by two older men the week before that could fit. I'm not saying I thinks its entirely true, it may be that the men themselves were involved, but I do believe Rodger met with someone he had previously met and was killed out in the woods. Perhaps he had been invited poaching to make some extra cash or something. Was trying to buy something on the cheap like skis etc

Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee...confirmed that teacher John Pash, who moved to California, was still a “person of interest” in the case.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...=hot-topic-bar

It is my understanding there has been one, and only one POI in this case, and that is John Pash. I read his posts here back in 2009, and have very strong opinion of what I think of Mr. Pash, and can assure you my opinion is nothing at all like yours. Personally I don't give a flying flip about what J. Pash thinks or feels.

Roger looking to buy skis on the cheap? Are you serious? You think someone trying to get on the US Ski Team would have any use for cheap skis? Furthermore, one of Roger's older brothers designs and manufactures skis in his "by skiers for skiers" ski shop in Colorado. This family was hugely into skiing. Roger's sister that he was very close to was on the US Ski Team.
http://www.ellisonsports.com/#!company/c1ic0

Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee...confirmed that teacher John Pash, who moved to California, was still a “person of interest” in the case.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...=hot-topic-bar

It is my understanding there has been one, and only one POI in this case, and that is John Pash. I read his posts here back in 2009, and have very strong opinion of what I think of Mr. Pash, and can assure you my opinion is nothing at all like yours. Personally I don't give a flying flip about what J. Pash thinks or feels.

Roger looking to buy skis on the cheap? Are you serious? You think someone trying to get on the US Ski Team would have any use for cheap skis? Furthermore, one of Roger's older brothers designs and manufactures skis in his "by skiers for skiers" ski shop in Colorado. This family was hugely into skiing. Roger's sister that he was very close to was on the US Ski Team.
http://www.ellisonsports.com/#!company/c1ic0

Greetings,

First link does not work. A question, does the second link about the ski shop relate to the Ellison family?

Satch

Wow this thread really has stood the test of time. Big ups to http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/ for the link (hope it's okay, just showing what brought me back to websleuths) because I know they could have done a spotlight on hundreds, but I randomly was reading on Wetterling updates and came across this. What a read. Just have a few thoughts.

1. The runaway theory - why would he not wait a month longer? He would be 18 and entitled to his bank account in it's entirety. The sister mentioned alongside his coach how excited he was for Aspen, he was accepted and made a payment to the college he would be attending. I also don't really get into the "why johnny can't come home" style stuff - not that anyone was saying that was the case.

2. Suicide - The likelyhood of the body not being found in a reasonable area that day is unlikely. I don't buy the gay relationship outing, but speculation is for everyone.

3. JP - I think he got exactly what he wanted. He came in with a passive aggressive opening statement and really did detour a lot of this thread on his personal other matters, and the blog-spot thread on him with the person who was in 7th grade at the time Roger disappeared hasn't taken down the post, nor updated/changed anything, clearly he knows the statute is out on that and it appears he let sleeping dogs lie.

I'll just come in with a huge thanks to a lot of the people here, CaptAmerica and a few others from the area thanks, MrHog for his insight, and a lot of others for keeping things answered, along with Rogers sister. My theory works alongside the two poachers and I think is certainly a decent possibility.

I don't know how it was in the 70's, but today growing weed in the winter would be a daunting task even with technology involved, and i'm sure a lot of the indoor grow house options back then were nothing compared to today (the quality alone is up quite a bit %wise) and given the fact JP's house has been speculated as a place to get narcotics (no i dont assume he sold them) the most likely factor is that with him being close to school, it would be a great asset to have things stored there or close by. School in a small town has to be the most reasonably assumed spot to purchase, regardless if it was the house next door or not. Roger also walked out with an empty backpack that day.

My theory would be that the person who took him away (and it could be a multitude of reasons why it ended up bad) had him help go for a quick run to move his stash spot in the wooded area surrounding. I am not sure how far the poachers were from the location, but the highway in and out of town being so close does make it possible to travel in a shorter amount of time. That makes Roger and one other person -possibly with someone bailing at the last minute - that person more than likely carried a weapon during transport, and while a lot of the people would want to be quiet about it even until today, it would be an evolving guilt of being afraid of guilt by association, to fear of outside consequence, to being seen as a coward, to being looked at as having knowledge and not going to police now.

I guess long story short, I would assume the person with the operation in town could have served multiple communities, been unknown to the majority of parents and staff (no one is going to talk about the guy at the top of the hill at the word go) and Roger really didn't even have to be into drugs to do something as small as to just "help on a quick run."

Just scratching my brain after a few days of reading through the random 2 post people with allusions who disappeared, to multiple new members with similar grammatical and spelling mistakes (how many people say miss info) and i know i'm supposed to attack the post and not the poster, i'm just calling into question the confusing posts in the #1 topic, albeit I didn't even get to see it before it was cleaned up.

Either way I will keep reading into this more and hope Roger can rest in peace one day, I just wanted to throw my two cents in and give this thread a nice Bump.

The disappearance of Roger Ellison is often on my mind. Unfortunately the little town from which Roger vanished was ill prepared to properly handle this case. I am not blaming the authorities there at all, as many jurisdictions to this day are not equipped to handled these kinds of situations. A predator targeted Roger and knew the town and its citizenry well enough to know how to pull off the crime. The perpetrator obviously got away but time, life and the heavens have a way of affording each of us the moment where we shall reap what we sew. In other words, the cretin who took Roger will someday receive his due. Sorry -- but this case is especially tragic in that the villain who did this not only destroyed Roger but he destroyed Roger's parents as well. The slippery monster thinks he has fooled most everyone -- most, but not all.

The disappearance of Roger Ellison is often on my mind. Unfortunately the little town from which Roger vanished was ill prepared to properly handle this case. I am not blaming the authorities there at all, as many jurisdictions to this day are not equipped to handled these kinds of situations. A predator targeted Roger and knew the town and its citizenry well enough to know how to pull off the crime. The perpetrator obviously got away but time, life and the heavens have a way of affording each of us the moment where we shall reap what we sew. In other words, the cretin who took Roger will someday receive his due. Sorry -- but this case is especially tragic in that the villain who did this not only destroyed Roger but he destroyed Roger's parents as well. The slippery monster thinks he has fooled most everyone -- most, but not all.

Haven't posted here in ages, but I occasionally follow-up. Sorry there is no news. I think the slippery monster has fooled everyone except God.

New article on denverpost.com, linked on front page since yesterday ("Mystery Disappearance") which is awesome considering the media audience due to coverage of the Broncos in the Superbowl:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2014/02/01/cedaredge-high-school-student-possibly-kidnapped-gunpoint-led-woods/7915/?source=hot-topic-bar

There are two contraditions in the article,

1.) Roger's father actually passed away about six months later-not later that spring. Yes, it is truly tragic, he would wait every school day for Roger to get off the school bus and come back home. When he didn't, he would break down crying.

2.) Some sources say Roger was seen with two men on the day of his dissapperence, this article says a while before he vanished.

I think that if Roger committed suicide because of the remote areas of the woods and Colorado Mountain terrain, sadly, he could have done it, and his remains could have been scattered by animals before being found by LE. I agree that the kidnapper story seems far-fetched. However, the thought of truth is who would make up such a detail story unless they knew something? I understand this was a deathbed confession? I now have changed my mind and don't think Mr. Pash had anything to do with this at all.

Satch

There are two contraditions in the article,

1.) Roger's father actually passed away about six months later-not later that spring. Yes, it is truly tragic, he would wait every school day for Roger to get off the school bus and come back home. When he didn't, he would break down crying.

2.) Some sources say Roger was seen with two men on the day of his dissapperence, this article says a while before he vanished.

I think that if Roger committed suicide because of the remote areas of the woods and Colorado Mountain terrain, sadly, he could have done it, and his remains could have been scattered by animals before being found by LE. I agree that the kidnapper story seems far-fetched. However, the thought of truth is who would make up such a detail story unless they knew something? I understand this was a deathbed confession? I now have changed my mind and don't think Mr. Pash had anything to do with this at all.

Satch

I agree Satch. It would be very easy to disappear into the moutons if someone wanted to commit suicide. The only other thing I can imagine is a competitor. Did anyone lose a spot or not get a spot on the ski team, college ski team, etc because Roger was better? Anyone on a wait-list list? ...Think Kerrigan and Harding. That stuff does happen...

The person the poachers identified is "known" to police? Is it known for what?
Also there was a tip-off re the funeral home being a possible remains location but i can't find much info re that?

Mark.

The person the poachers identified is "known" to police? Is it known for what?
Also there was a tip-off re the funeral home being a possible remains location but i can't find much info re that?

Mark.

I agree Satch. It would be very easy to disappear into the moutons if someone wanted to commit suicide. The only other thing I can imagine is a competitor. Did anyone lose a spot or not get a spot on the ski team, college ski team, etc because Roger was better? Anyone on a wait-list list? ...Think Kerrigan and Harding. That stuff does happen...

A while back I remember reading there was some rumor about Roger and a classmate having a fight over some girl and the classmate threatened to "kill" him. I can't remember where I read that article. However, the conflict from what I remembered occurred a long time before Roger's disappearance. and it turned out to be just "high school wild talk." That's the only conflict that I can remember. It was never even proven that the conflict actually occurred.

Satch

In one of the articles, it says that someone saw Roger being led at gun point. It also said the description matched a suspect that was still being looked at, but had since moved from the area. I'm paraphrasing what was said, but it sounds like Pash IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back