Found Deceased CO - Samantha Bartolo 40, walked frm camper trailer aft argument with bf, near Gunnison Gorge Conservation area, off HH-75 Rd, E of Delta, 10 Nov 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1700401336148.png

Samantha Bartolo, 40, was last seen Nov. 10 at the camp trailer she shared with her boyfriend near the Gunnison Gorge Conservation Area off HH-75 Road, east of Delta.

Bartolo apparently walked off from their living space after they had an argument, Delta County Sheriff Mark Taylor said, in relaying what the boyfriend told investigators who came calling Nov. 12. He said Bartolo’s family had been unable to reach her and when they called her phone, her boyfriend had answered, explaining she’d taken off. Bartolo’s family then contacted authorities for help finding her.

Taylor said responding deputies didn’t find anything at the campsite to indicate a crime had taken place.

Bartolo’s significant other was taken into custody on unrelated warrants.

Bartolo’s sister said she’s also received reports that Bartolo might be congregating with homeless people in Delta; a few of those to whom she spoke knew Bartolo and reported recent, possible sightings (again, unconfirmed).

As of early Friday afternoon, Bartolo had not been located. Taylor said search and rescue teams from Mesa and Delta counties, the Montrose County Sheriff’s Posse and San Miguel County Search and Rescue’s helicopter searched high and low for the missing woman, but found nothing. Investigators regrouped to follow other leads,

More at link.

Video

December 18

DELTA, Colo. (KREX)Family of Samantha Bartolo have been anxiously waiting for a break in her missing person case. With Christmas approaching and two boys still missing their mom this holiday season, Delta Sherriff’s office announced that there was a shift in her case. the Neice of Bartolo wrote a song for her aunt to keep her memory alive.

Video

December 18

DELTA, Colo. (KREX)Family of Samantha Bartolo have been anxiously waiting for a break in her missing person case. With Christmas approaching and two boys still missing their mom this holiday season, Delta Sherriff’s office announced that there was a shift in her case. the Neice of Bartolo wrote a song for her aunt to keep her memory alive.

So what is the shift in the case? That someone wrote a song?

Thank you. There was no video when I went to the article but it's probably because I'm on my work network.
Try this link for the video:

The boyfriend is now a poi and was arrested on other outstanding warrants, but has since been released on bond. Colorado Bureau of Investigation is awaiting analysis results to help further the case. Delta state investigators plan a search for her on a high ridge in Paonia, but snow may delay the search. [From video in below article]

"Samantha was last seen the morning of Friday, November 10, 2023 walking away from the trailer she was living in with her boyfriend, David Bement."

Thank you. There was no video when I went to the article but it's probably because I'm on my work network.
took me a while to locate the video (also on a work computer) The video player is small and loads just to the right of the headline. It and takes a minute or two to appear. With there being so little text in the article I had it read and had closed the tab before the player could come up and load. Took me a couple of tries to find and play the video but it is full of info.

Niece's song speaks about her aunt mostly in the past tense. :( tells me family suspects she is dead

Couple had fight on the 10th and Samantha disappeared.

David is a suspect in what is now being termed a criminal investigation.

CBI awaiting analysis results to further their investigation (they don't specify what analysis)

Sister tells KREX that LE wants to search a specific area but snowfall has hindered that for now.

Samantha’s remains have been found :(

February 28, 2024

DELTA, Colo. (KJCT) - The Delta County Sheriff’s Office confirming that human remains found near the Smith Mountain Trailhead earlier this month is 40-year-old Samantha Bartolo of Delta.

Months later, a sheepherder trekking an “area of Smith Mountain Trailhead east of Delta” on Feb. 18 found human remains, deputies said.

“We have been deeply affected by her absence and loss,” Bartolo’s family wrote on a post shared to a Facebook page dedicated to her disappearance. “Samantha brought love and light to every room she was ever in. Being able to know and love her for all of her 40 years was a true honor.”

While the final autopsy report, which will include Bartolo’s cause of death, is forthcoming, her death is considered “suspicious,” deputies said

Delta County sheriff awaits cause, manner of death after body confirmed as missing woman Samantha Bartolo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back