CO CO - San Juan, Photo of Unknown Girl age 9-12 - Possibly missing

Somehow this child looks soooo familiar to me.. I would like to know the story behind it. As other members suggested the picture was probably found in the possession of a person associated with child-abuse or even worse. Just speculation.

I'm touching in the dark here.....I can't seem to open the link provided nor find the website, where this MP flyer is supposed to be found, through a search engine??!!

I found it when I was browsing Florida Missing/ Unidentified people.
MEPIC :: Search
Changed sex to Female, she's on the 57th page

Sorry, this link does not open for me, actually it says that the page doesn't exist. Could have something to do with that the site isn't fit for our privacy laws....don't know...I give up.

Hm.... Interesting. I'm sorry about that. I can post a screenshot of the original post so you can see exactly what it says.

I used to live 45 minutes away or so from Silverton. It's a TINY tourist town. My thought is that she's from Florida and went missing while on vacation in Silverton? There's a lot of hot springs in the area too, so the bathing suit makes some sense.

That entire area attracts a lot of tourists. Durango is the central town, and a really popular attraction is a train that goes to Silverton. Durango is also close to Mesa Verde and the Four Corners. I want to say there's only 500 or so permanent residents of Silverton, so if she was local I'm pretty sure her disappearance would have been noticed pretty quickly.

First shot in the dark,,
View attachment 150820
Sherry Lynn Young

Missing since June 1, 1984 from Orlando, Orange County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
FL - Sherry Lynn Young (13) - Orlando FL, 1984
Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 26, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 105 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen on June 1, 1984 in the areas of the White Horse Bar on East Colonial Drive in Orlando, Florida. She was reported as missing on July 27, 1993.
The Doe Network: Case File 2959DFFL

*Might be a long shot however it reminded me of how my daughters face maintained the bridge of nose but slimmed down as she got older. It states she went missing a the age of 13, which the photo is clearly a younger pic. Odd she was reported a decade later..
A 13-year-old child was reported missing 9 YEARS after her disappearance??? And the only picture that was provided is her when she was a toddler? I know family dynamics are different for everyone and I'm not the one to judge but damn.
I'm not fully convinced Sherry is the unidentified girl, but I do see some resemblance.

Vicki McCulkin
The circumstances don't line up at all, but she looks a LOT like Vicki McCulkin. She was 13 years old when she went missing from Australia in 1974. Two people have been convicted of her murder, along with her mother and sister, but their bodies have never been found.
... How a photo of her ended up in Colorado (or Florida??) is beyond me, though. But they look very similar, especially with the eye bags.

Interesting find @Goecke !

Can somebody make a snapshot from the flyer about this case. Somehow I never be/was able to reach the site through the link provided upthread. Thanks upfront.

san juan vicki.png I superimposed the image of the unknown girl over the image of Vicki McCulkin, and... Wow. With the exception of the chin/face shape (Vicki seems to have a longer face) the lips, nose, and eyes all line up nearly perfectly.

Interesting find @Goecke !

Can somebody make a snapshot from the flyer about this case. Somehow I never be/was able to reach the site through the link provided upthread. Thanks upfront.

Attachments

• FDEC8C6D-5186-4390-8531-E93E0FC9BBDE.jpeg
    FDEC8C6D-5186-4390-8531-E93E0FC9BBDE.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 34
Wow that is a close resemblance. I have a potential theory that could explain how that photo came to be in the possession of Colorado LE. What if the photo is of Vicki McCulkin and was found in amongst child abuse material or a photo collection of a known child sex offender? It could even be a digitalised image that has been distributed over the years since Vicki’s tragic death. MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back