CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoGirl

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you so intent on building a case for the defense. I admit that before this case I hadn't posted since September of last year, but when I was active here last, this was considered a victim-friendly forum. Has that changed?

The difference now is we have a defendant who is telling his story about what happened. He has not been found guilty so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.

Please alert if you see a post that violates our terms of service. It is not a violation of our TOS if someone expresses that she/he believes Shanann murdered her children. Until we have a guilty verdict or until Chris Watts changes his story we will allow discussion on this topic.

Thanks,
Tricia

I'm new to this forum and have tried to catch up on everything that is being said. My brother questioned NA's reaction the same as you all are and I'll clarify for you as well. Shanann stayed in contact with her team religiously, she had a planner in which she scheduled out her entire day with phone calls, training, conferences etc. Those on her team that were seriously in it to hit ranks stayed in constant contact ALL THE TIME. We become like family and NA was one of the closest to Shan and one of her best promotors. They were always in contact. What CW said in his interview about her talking to her people more consistently was accurate. As far as plane tickets, for the company trips (vacations) and whatnot, those got paid for by the company because of her rank. Yes CW had his car bonus as well as her. This is from someone who knew her and very much adored her. Just trying to clear up some quick things I caught but I have not read through all 48 pages

Very telling video below about cadaver dog alerting to death at SW's home even while CW was talking with news reporter.

The scent of death: Police dogs and the Chris Watts investigation
the-scent-of-death-police-dogs-and-the-chris-watts-investigation.jpg

Last edited:
Very telling video below about cadaver dog alerting to death at SW's home even while CW was talking with news reporter.

From the article:
If a K-9 alerted its handler to the scent of death, Hribar said it might have been easier for detectives to convince Watts to confess.

It's not known if that happened in this case because the arrest affidavit remains sealed and even when it's unsealed, those details might not be released.

Last edited:
From the article:
If a K-9 alerted its handler to the scent of death, Hribar said it might have been easier for detectives to convince Watts to confess.

It's not known if that happened in this case because the arrest affidavit remains sealed and even when it's unsealed, those details might not be released.

I recently watched an episode of Forensic Files (I'm addicted to those shows) and it said that cadaver dogs alert by laying down in the spot they smell something. We know the dogs at the residence were barking, I wonder what that means, maybe dogs are trained differently now, FF cases are usually pretty old.

Please welcome our verified friend of Shanann's Websleuths member Isalybra.

Remember, you must treat our verified members with respect. You are allowed to ask questions but it is totally up to the verified member whether they answer you or do not answer you.
If you decide you do not believe what a verified member is telling you that's fine. Move on. Do not be snarky or sarcastic. Don't argue.

Isalybra, welcome to Websleuths. On behalf of everyone, we are sorry you lost your friend.

Join in when you feel you are ready. We are a very patient group.

Thank you,
Tricia

““She texted me and said she was going to need a friend now more than ever when she got back,” Atkinson said. “

This comment is haunting. Boy was she right. And her friend delivered in such a way that imo, drastically changed the course of in the investigation. Again, as mentioned, the cover up that she likely derailed..

Shanann's friend said she knew Chris Watts 'had something to do' with family's murders

Atkinson the two had been having problems for several weeks prior to her Shanann’s death. She said Shanann told her that Chris was not acting himself during a recent trip to North Carolina.

“She texted me and said she was going to need a friend now more than ever when she got back,” Atkinson said. “He wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. And he wasn’t being as attentive to the girls as he normally is.”

I recently watched an episode of Forensic Files (I'm addicted to those shows) and it said that cadaver dogs alert by laying down in the spot they smell something. We know the dogs at the residence were barking, I wonder what that means, maybe dogs are trained differently now, FF cases are usually pretty old.
I thought the same thing...lying down or sitting down.

From the article:

You can clearly hear the dog/dogs reacting in the video as they are trained to do so to the smell of death.

Atkinson the two had been having problems for several weeks prior to her Shanann’s death. She said Shanann told her that Chris was not acting himself during a recent trip to North Carolina.

“She texted me and said she was going to need a friend now more than ever when she got back,” Atkinson said. “He wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. And he wasn’t being as attentive to the girls as he normally is.”

He already knew exactly what he was going to do, imo.

We cremated our child. First we had a visitation and open casket viewing so that friends and family could say goodbye. Then there was a funeral service at which time songs that I painstakingly chose were performed and many people stood and shared stories about him. After he was cremated by a professional, his ashes were gently and lovingly placed into a type of vase that I picked out. Rather than holding onto them, we chose to bury the vase in a family cemetery where he is surrounded by loved ones. His headstone includes his entire name, birth and death dates, and a teddy bear. It is clearly marked so that his loved ones can visit and pay their respects whenever they wish.

How is any of that even comparable to tossing your children's bodies into separate oil tanks and lying about it?

I get that people enjoy playing devil's advocates because it's fun, and sometimes helpful, to look at a situation from all angles. For those of us who have lost children, however, claiming that our way of lovingly and carefully laying our children to rest is in any way comparable to what happened to Bella and Cece borders on cruel. Look at the crime from all angles, speculate as much as you want, analyze videos and Facebook posts but please don't make a mockery of these children's deaths because the way in which their bodies were handled was anything but loving or respectful. And please don't disrespect the death of my child (or anyone elses) by insinuating that our choices were in any way comparable to how Bella and Cece's little bodies were treated.

I really want to be respectful of other people's views, mainly because I have certainly been on that other side before here on WS. But there is having different views and then there is arguing for the sake of being different.

Between the dogs, the drone spotting a bed sheet matching the ones in the house and freshly moved dirt at his worksite, SWs car and belongings being in the house and the neighbors camera showing she never left after arriving at 1:48 the only mystery is that it took 3 days to get a confession.

How in the world did he possibly think he was going to get away with this? Astounding.

Yes, all dogs are not trained the same way. I saw that posted about drug detection dogs too, that they just lay down quietly but my brother who was a ship's captain told me that when dogs sniff drugs in a container they go wild and try to get into it to get what they can smell. Scratching at the container and running round excitedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle