CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle1 had an excellent post that LovesChocolate responded to and that I also wanted to respond to, but I couldn't find the original post. It's about how fast LE has responded.

From Seattle1; "
LE had a two day lead on the investigation, and everything fell into place. LE and maybe NAU started going door to door to make sure SW not at neighbors since it appeared she and the girls were on foot and maybe close to home. I also believe the neighbor's camera footage came into play right away. CW gave the first investigator one timeline, and by the time the second officer arrived, CW must have seen and/or gotten word about the neighbors camera and timestamps because he suddenly began quoting exact times such as SW arrived home at 1:48AM, and he left for work at 5:27AM. These were camera recorded times, not his memory! I believe LE went direct to Anadarko on Monday, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know about co-worker AP by Monday evening. Good chance CW had company cell phone and LE would have had immediate access to his phone/gps records versus waiting on warrant for CW phone. I'm still shocked how quickly this went down as CW was on his way home to meet LE around noon Monday, and voluntarily at the police station around noon Weds, never to leave again. MOO"

The pace of the investigation has been breath-taking. I believe LE saw and/or heard something when they met CW and NAU at the house, that involved CW. I also believe that they quickly got in touch with Anadarko who probably gave LE access to everything they owned (truck, cell phone, iPad, etc.). Within around 24 hours there was a drone in the air. Something made LE act quickly and I think what ever it was, either was something they saw in the house or something CW did or said. I wonder if they saw something on or in his truck? Whatever it was, started the ball rolling and it rolled right over CW.

Apologies if this has been linked, it has a good timeline;

Shanann Watts Case: What to Know About the Killings of the Colorado Mom and Daughters

I think those who are comfortable diagnosis via internet or social media should reevaluate the ethical pledge we take as mental health practitioners. Many don't know it but mental health is considered a medical field and those who practice in it are considered medical professionals, just in their own right. They have governing bodies and rules they must abide by. Some of these rules directly apply to how and when to give diagnosis.

<modsnip>

That being said, (and I am NOT a pro in the field of the mind/personality) I do see narcissism in CW.

This is why - he appears (from SW's videos, his FB and Instagram, comments by those who know him, the news videos of him, and his confession) to be somewhat introverted, until "brought out" by someone else (brought out by SW for a time, then by his affair(s)).

Covert/vulnerable/hypersentive narcissists often simmer inside, hiding their needs/wants/desires for life until one day it all goes to hell in their rage. I know narcissism isn't a disorder, but a trait we all share, in differing degrees...I believe his, in conjunction with his inner anger, came to a head one day and he lost control...and that, in my view, makes him disordered.

It seems like he may have been acting like many high spectrum narcissists in that he was attracted to someone who had issues that made them vulnerable (SW's divorce and Lupus) and maybe even "love bombed" her, based on her FB posts (she kept giving him reasons to bail, he kept pursuing). She didn't stay vulnerable, she appears to have excelled at life. He lost control of her (if he ever really had it), and he began to lose his "hero" status, at least with her. He may have been seeking to recapture that elsewhere via affair(s).

She, and the kids, were in his way. The classic "discard", to the max.

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness, I haven’t watched CNN/HLN for probably 15 years. This AB show ... does anyone else find it just ... silly, round and round, wonder bread stuff? Oh, he got muscles and a mustache, maybe he was cheating! I jest a bit, but really? Does she do this every night? How long will this go on if she has not much new? It’s embarrassing. The masses like this? This must just not be my thing.
Its very sensationalist, IMHO.

The only article I could find was from a source at the Weld County Jail so not sure that was what the defense was referring to in this court filing.
Chris Watts Is Under Suicide Watch in Jail: Sources

The Rules of Professional Conduct apply to attorneys; so it can’t be because of this article. I can’t think of any inflammatory statements from the prosecution.

New court filing: the defense is accusing the prosecution or someone in their office of making prejudicial statements; not sure which statement(s) because it looks like the motion was filed under seal. Below is the Court’s Order allowing the State to provide a response by 9/5/18. The response, if any, is not available online.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...trict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Watts-C-2.pdf
Good find! I don't believe this was shouted before. I wonder if Prosecution responded timely....

The only article I could find was from a source at the Weld County Jail so not sure that was what the defense was referring to in this court filing.
Chris Watts Is Under Suicide Watch in Jail: Sources

AB has said, from what I understand from you others here, that she has a source in the DA's office and spent an hour on the phone with the DA's office. Also, all LE sources and jail sources would be under the "control" of the State, so the prosecution is deemed to be able to control those sources even if people are talking to the media without authorization.

I think he killed them all, and I don't think the main reason was his freedom, or even disliking his wife. I think the main reason was the financial situation. Whether his wife was thinking of the separation, or he was thinking of the same, with three kids and the family time potentially not divided 50/50 + a new kid on the way, he simply did not want to pay alimony/child support, or thought of new bills to accrue.

They were in dire straights, financially. Now, SW does not come across as an unreasonable person. But I am thinking that medical bills could be the reason for being in debt. New family, two young kids, SW's lupus, possibly, new pregnancy in the context of lupus after two high-risk pregnancies... This could add to the financial burden, and in the divorce, he probably would end up paying more.

To me it seems like the most plausible reason, if of course there could be any.

AB 9/6/18 cont.
1. How can DA use SW’s FB as evidence. Shows she was protective of children.They're going to portray SW as very protective.
2. Anything of SW’s FB that Defense Attorney can use? Defense can twist it to look like things were going bad, he’s moved on. SW’s in a rage. SW didn’t want him to have kids. She killed them.
3. SW praises C.W. for weight loss in videos.
4. Do muscle pics suggest CW is cheating?
3. He has no access to exercise equip in jail, he may look like old CW during trial.
4. Ego may have taken over in C.W. women were starting to notice. His grooming changed. New facial hair, whole makeover.
5. SW’s family is on witness list, father, mother, brother. There’s a reason. SW may have told them things in confidence. They may have noticed something.
6. Did CW’s body transformation give him idea to stray?
7. NU stating SW was not feeling was included in affadavit. SW said nothing about it on FB.
8. Defense may use it to say SW was acting different.
9. Dieter now lives with Frankie, and Frankie loves him.
Questions to AB from FB
1. How long will C.W. remain on suicide watch? As long as LE thinks he has potential to kill himself.
2. What clothes were they wearing when found? Don’t know.
3. How can someone have multiple affairs and no one knows? Denial is a powerful thing, we don’t want to believe our partner would do this, and try to hang in there.

The Rules of Professional Conduct apply to attorneys; so it can’t be because of this article. I can’t think of any inflammatory statements from the prosecution.
I read the filing to be more a request for assurance all in place to prevent leaks. I've seen similar if somebody other than the appointed information officer quoted in report, even though the released info is legitimate. Perhaps the response will add more...

From AB 11/6/18
1. Disturbing pattern emerging on SW’ FB timeline. Why did her loving family videos slow to a trickle just before the unthinkable?
2. Feb 21 videos, Mar 6 videos, Apr 18 videos, May 18 videos, June 14 videos, July 5 videos, August 0 videos
3. Feb - Vegas w/ CW, all good, Mar, good, too, Apr big month, SW featured in company mag, went to New Orleans w/out C.W., May CW’s birthday, June - the pregnancy announcement, late June San Diego w/ CW. All is well. Last time C.W. appears in video. Couple photos, that’s it. July trip to NC, 4 days into NC trip SW posts, “Chris is living the Bachelor life. Ate t-bones for dinner the last 3 nights and bought shrimp and goodies. He’s sleeping and working out.” In July videos drop precipitously. CeCe Birthday was last video. No videos or pictures of Daddy in NC. Aug 4 - strange post. “The older I get the more scared I am to let her out into the world...”
4. SW’s moms friend said they were headed for separation.
5. Something happened in NC, she stopped posting about C.W.
6. Aug 6 SW posts about trip to AZ.
7. Aug 9 last photo published doll covered with sheet.
9. Pattern is significant, drop off significant. Didn’t include herself in Birthday wish to C.W., only mentioned girls. SW may have known about affair.
Excellent post and points. Some, like numbers 3 and 7, are chilling. Kudos! It's so horrible and heart-wrenching!

Seattle1 had an excellent post that LovesChocolate responded to and that I also wanted to respond to, but I couldn't find the original post. It's about how fast LE has responded.

From Seattle1; "
LE had a two day lead on the investigation, and everything fell into place. LE and maybe NAU started going door to door to make sure SW not at neighbors since it appeared she and the girls were on foot and maybe close to home. I also believe the neighbor's camera footage came into play right away. CW gave the first investigator one timeline, and by the time the second officer arrived, CW must have seen and/or gotten word about the neighbors camera and timestamps because he suddenly began quoting exact times such as SW arrived home at 1:48AM, and he left for work at 5:27AM. These were camera recorded times, not his memory! I believe LE went direct to Anadarko on Monday, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know about co-worker AP by Monday evening. Good chance CW had company cell phone and LE would have had immediate access to his phone/gps records versus waiting on warrant for CW phone. I'm still shocked how quickly this went down as CW was on his way home to meet LE around noon Monday, and voluntarily at the police station around noon Weds, never to leave again. MOO"

The pace of the investigation has been breath-taking. I believe LE saw and/or heard something when they met CW and NAU at the house, that involved CW. I also believe that they quickly got in touch with Anadarko who probably gave LE access to everything they owned (truck, cell phone, iPad, etc.). Within around 24 hours there was a drone in the air. Something made LE act quickly and I think what ever it was, either was something they saw in the house or something CW did or said. I wonder if they saw something on or in his truck? Whatever it was, started the ball rolling and it rolled right over CW.

Apologies if this has been linked, it has a good timeline;

Shanann Watts Case: What to Know About the Killings of the Colorado Mom and Daughters
Thanks for the timeline post, it helps bring things up to date.

In the court case 18CR2003 The People of the State of Colorado v. Christopher Lee Watts they only go up to 8/29/2018.
Colorado Judicial Branch

Because the notion about what this dubious source is saying is so distasteful and vile, it lends me to believe that this source has some credence in what she is saying because of that fact. I can not imagine anyone making such statements if they were false.

Spend more time on YouTube. :)

AB has said, from what I understand from you others here, that she has a source in the DA's office and spent an hour on the phone with the DA's office. Also, all LE sources and jail sources would be under the "control" of the State, so the prosecution is deemed to be able to control those sources even if people are talking to the media without authorization.

I believe she said that this week; however, that was after the Court’s Order, which would also be after the Defense’s motion. So AB’s comment(s) are probably not what the Defense is questioning. I do agree that the prosecution’s office should not be speaking to AB.

The prosecution can only control leaks from its office; also, the Rules of Professional Conduct do not apply to the jail’s employees or LE. The Motion highlights a violation of CO RPC 3.6 and 3.8. These deal with duties owed by attorneys and additional duties owed by prosecutors.

I am also an unverified attorney (waiting on Tricia to verify me).

Thank you so much, MindHunter13. I just have one question for you regarding the BBM above. Could you describe what (as a bare minimum, perhaps) would have to be overtly present for you to conclude CW was under the influence of an EED?

Pommy,

I was looking for signs of internal conflict, any signs of emotional guilt, repression of anger, hostility or rage. All in all, I was simply left with the impression that he's just another average guy who thought he was smart enough to get away with telling his lies. I didn't see any overt signs of any of these I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107