Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
There didn’t appear to be significant equity in the home in NC if I followed earlier info correctly?

The house was not expensive though. In real estate, everything is location, location, location...

iirc, the house sold for ~$350,000. Please correct me if I'm wrong @MerryB

Yes, price is relative.

But no matter the location, the house itself was a brand-new 4K sf house with 4 bedrooms/3 baths.

How’s a 25-year old without a college degree making enough money to buy that house? In any location?

She saved up and bought it herself. Per her 30min Facebook Live morning conference video.
Was she sick during this time ? I’m confused about time frame . I remember her saying she was in a dark place had been sick a long time different diagnosis etc

Maybe SW family helped with the down payment on CO home but also I read on WS that the CO home was purchased with what I recall to be approx $8000 deposit so not a large chunk of money to put down on a home in CO with CW.

They used an FHA loan to purchase the CO home, and I believe CW’s dad may have co-signed. You are right, they issued a very small down payment.

Last edited:
QUOTE:
Trinket78, Today at 3:17 PM
Yes I am aware of the one affair and was from the beginning. She also knew he wanted a separation before her trip. She continued to post about how wonderful he was. He deleted his Facebook after that. END QUOTE:

Couple of thoughts:
Trinket78 last posted today at 4:41 PM.
Has this poster been verified yet?

Based on Trinket78 post above today, I am wondering whether the poster was aware of the affair from the beginning ~ does it mean from the beginning of the affair or from the beginning of when SW knew of the affair?

Secondly, when poster says SW knew he wanted a separation before the trip ~ is poster referring to NC trip or AZ trip?

Poster states that CW deleted his facebook account after that ~ we know CW deleted his account a week before murders correct?

If this is true and CW was offended by SW posting about how wonderful he was when he had repeatedly let SW know he wanted a separation and SW continued to post videos of CW, he then decided to delete his facebook account.

If I am correct, CW deleted his facebook before SW went to AZ.

QUOTE:
Trinket78, Today at 4:09 PM
It’s possible she knew on the N.C. trip. She also continued to post about how great he was up until the night she came home. I kept asking myself “why is she doing that” END QUOTE

Trinket78 posted above at 3:17 PM that SW knew CW wanted a separation before her trip but at 4:09 PM Trinket78 says it's possible SW knew on the NC trip.

I am wondering which it is?

While we are talking about houses, I have a question that maybe someone can answer! According to what I have read, SW & CW had filed bankruptcy. I believe it was prior to the Colorado move. So, my question, how on earth after a bankruptcy, less than 10 years ago, did they qualify to purchase a half million dollar home in Colorado? Or, do I have this all screwed up? Can someone clarify? It just seems to me, that they filed bankruptcy, cleared their debt, and before long, right back in over their heads! Financial crisis #1 cause of divorce!!

While we are talking about houses, I have a question that maybe someone can answer! According to what I have read, SW & CW had filed bankruptcy. I believe it was prior to the Colorado move. So, my question, how on earth after a bankruptcy, less than 10 years ago, did they qualify to purchase a half million dollar home in Colorado? Or, do I have this all screwed up? Can someone clarify? It just seems to me, that they filed bankruptcy, cleared their debt, and before long, right back in over their heads! Financial crisis #1 cause of divorce!!

The Colorado house was purchased in CW's name only in November of 2013 (I believe).

SW was later added to the deed, but probably not the mortgage.

They filed for bankruptcy in 2015.

How do you start a new post? TIA!
Simply scroll all the way to the bottom of page. There's a little box at the bottom. It says reply, but it's not really. It's a new post unless you are quoting/replying someone else's post. Good luck!

She was working at a car dealership at that point I believe, and perhaps nannying a bit. IMO there’s definitely more to the story with that house. As you’ve suggested, 25 years old and newly divorced from a marriage that, in her words, she had to start all over from financially (see “My Purpose” video on her SM), plus not having had a long-standing career after an attempt at nursing school during her marriage, doesn’t seem to line up with building a $300,000 house.
Agreed. I divorced when I was 25 and had a “good” job of about a whopping $35,000 back then. Could barely afford a 1BR apt. Even if she had divorce money to put down, how does a single person furnish and heat and AC a home that size? Plus maintenance! Seems she had really inflated high standards for some reason that maybe C.W. had to live up to and when his income dropped, maybe trouble began?

Agreed. I divorced when I was 25 and had a “good” job of about a whopping $35,000 back then. Could barely afford a 1BR apt. Even if she had divorce money to put down, how does a single person furnish and heat and AC a home that size? Plus maintenance! Seems she had really inflated high standards for some reason that maybe C.W. had to live up to and when his income dropped, maybe trouble began?
Common sense & life experience tell us some things, don’t they? ;)

The Colorado house was purchased in CW's name only in November of 2013 (I believe).

SW was later added to the deed, but probably not the mortgage.

They filed for bankruptcy in 2015.

This is correct.

QUOTE:
Trinket78, Today at 3:17 PM
Yes I am aware of the one affair and was from the beginning. She also knew he wanted a separation before her trip. She continued to post about how wonderful he was. He deleted his Facebook after that. END QUOTE:

Couple of thoughts:
Trinket78 last posted today at 4:41 PM.
Has this poster been verified yet?

Based on Trinket78 post above today, I am wondering whether the poster was aware of the affair from the beginning ~ does it mean from the beginning of the affair or from the beginning of when SW knew of the affair?

Secondly, when poster says SW knew he wanted a separation before the trip ~ is poster referring to NC trip or AZ trip?

Poster states that CW deleted his facebook account after that ~ we know CW deleted his account a week before murders correct?

If this is true and CW was offended by SW posting about how wonderful he was when he had repeatedly let SW know he wanted a separation and SW continued to post videos of CW, he then decided to delete his facebook account.

If I am correct, CW deleted his facebook before SW went to AZ.

QUOTE:
Trinket78, Today at 4:09 PM
It’s possible she knew on the N.C. trip. She also continued to post about how great he was up until the night she came home. I kept asking myself “why is she doing that” END QUOTE

Trinket78 posted above at 3:17 PM that SW knew CW wanted a separation before her trip but at 4:09 PM Trinket78 says it's possible SW knew on the NC trip.

I am wondering which it is?
Good question. Trinket may come back verified and clear it up. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993