Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinket78

Trinket78 Verified Insider Watts Case

The affidavit was correct.

2. msphilosopher

msphilosopher Well-Known Member

Yes, demeanor is very 'chill' and 'relaxed'. There's a tinge of nervousness but there's also a sense of calm composure.

I think he was very confident in his ability to fool people...

Years of experience hiding his colors. IMO

realms, kimpage, libraryg and 16 others like this.
  3. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. The little area above his beard and below the lower lip adornment is carefully shaved. That, IMO, (from having had a husband with a non-sculptured beard), would have to be shaved each day to maintain the design. So, before his media appearances he was staring at himself in the mirror, knowing he murdered, working on that preening vanity project, and before he told the media he had been busy texting his wife. And the moustache is carefully trimmed not to cover his upper lip too much. Gad, vanity like that while knowing his little kids were floating in toxic crude. And that he did it.

4. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Did he go meet his Dad at the airport, BEFORE he asked to meet with his Dad (again?) at the police department?

realms and Hazelnutty like this.
  5. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit #ShinelikeShanann

I would resemble the Wreck of the Hesperus!!

6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

You don't think that a well groomed man might skip a day of self grooming if he had just seen his wife strangle his little children?

7. Nessa131

Nessa131 Well-Known Member

Idk. My husband and I tried for well over a year to get pregnant and i didnt even tell him about the missed period. I totally surprised him!

Edited to add- i’m not saying I disagree with your theory because i do believe he played along when the camera was rolling but just saying that it is possible she didnt tell him before hand.

realms, rainynights, Lucyray and 5 others like this.
  8. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Well-Known Member

no experience of criminal trials I'm afraid @cottonweaver . In my civil trials, we do prep the witnesses, not only to ensure that the trial narrative is kept to, but also how to 'perform' (for want of a better word) for the jury.

9. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

My question would be "why stray at all?". He never needed SW's permission to walk out the door, if he was that "fed" up with the marriage. He was considered to be a good guy, a good husband and father, so why not show some character and integrity and tell your wife the reason(s) you want out, and then just walk out. He did not need SW's agreement on this. Not at all.

A man who has a secret life is not always capable of murdering his pregnant wife, or wife, children, but they sometimes are. Examples - Scott Peterson, Jeffrey MacDonald, Mark Hacking, Neil Entwhistle, Christian Longo, etc. etc. etc.

These are family annihilators and CW is textbook. Others can pick apart any nuance they perceive SW exhibited that makes her somehow
    responsible for what happened to her, or to the children. IMO, SW had no clue what he was capable of doing until it was too late to save herself or her children.

All JMO.

10. Marli61

Marli61 Well-Known Member

This. Plus.. in front of the cameras he was portraying a husband/father who's family was missing when in reality & known to him he had, admitted later, to killing his wife & disposing of all 3 bodies. What kind of a person does it take to do this? He was a chameleon of epic proportions. Jmo

realms, kimpage, Lolalou and 12 others like this.
  11. human

human Well-Known Member

In a no fault state, one or the other would have to buy out the partner’s share of the house.

A person cannot keep living in it without owing the other one money. I doubt if SW could afford to live there either

A divorce would financially ruin each of them. He could get 50 percent custody and not have to pay child support. But he would have to pay some daycare.

Pick them up, feed them, buy clothes, etc. Too much hassle.

12. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

Bless your heart. As I recall, trying so long to get pregnant proves that even the most pleasurable of pursuits can be made into a joyless chore.

libraryg, JudgeJudi, MerryB and 13 others like this.
  13. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Ahhh sorry I misunderstood.

Mrspratcher and flourish like this.
  14. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if he dosed them first.
    Wouldn't the mom scream?

15. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Hence why I think he is a narcissistic psychopath.

16. cshea99

cshea99 Well-Known Member

I am only speaking on my no fault state. I did not buy my ex out of the house. We did a quit claim deed and that was it. My ex and I have 50/50 custody and he pays child support. Well, he is supposed to pay child support.

17. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

All I know is if my husband and I were financially strapped in debt, bankruptcy a baby would be the last thing we would try bringing into the world. If in that situation and I sprung that on him we would both be in tears.

18. Layla123

Layla123 Well-Known Member

Well, at the very least C.W. knew she wasn’t using birth control, and they were trying for a baby, so it wouldn’t have been a complete shocker. Would you say you are as open as SW is, or are you more secretive? I told my husband the minute I thought I was late, but I tell him everything, always.

realms, human, Nessa131 and 1 other person like this.
  19. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

I enjoyed your online show last night, Tricia, as I do all of them. Thanks for putting it together for us, and a big "AttaGirl" to our Gitana!!

20. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

We don't know for certain he didn't know she wasn't using birth control. Possibly a reasonable assumption but we don't KNOW that.

Katharine, vela341, MerryB and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.