Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. But it is SO sketchy and SO unreal that it just doesn’t quite sit right with me... why didn’t he come up with something a little more plausible?

I think one reason is he didn't imagine the cops would be on to him before lunchtime. I think he planned to make a few texts to her, saying 'Hey Babe, call me..' and then later that day, he'd call her friends, feigning concern. But all that time he'd be moving things around, setting the stage. Then that night he'd call in the Missing Report.

His scenario that she ran off would make sense if some of her things were gone, and the kids meds, etc. And he could say she is mad because I asked for a separation. She is taking the kids to upset me.

But he never got the chance to come up with a believable story.

I agree Amandaaa, I don't think CW was dumb either. You have to have some intelligence to have a career in the field he was in and also go to University and graduate in Chemical Engineering. Plus the VI also confirmed he was very skilled mechanically in auto-motives. I think he earned a scholarship to Nascar?? if I am remembering correctly.
Its an interesting subject but there is something called an "emotional IQ" People who have very high IQ's can sometimes have very low emotional IQ's. Just sayin'. MOO

Imo things didn't go as maybe he planned & at a faster pace than he could keep up with. Plus as we have discussed, imo he wasn't super bright...
Just an aside..people keep on saying that CW 'wasn't super bright'. I disagree, I believe he is VERY bright. You don't get a degree in Chemical Engineering without being bright. Nerdy bright. I have a nephew that is one of those. Imo

Agreed he couldn’t think of anything else - but I’m not sure if I think NUA really changed much... I’m not knocking anything she did - she was obviously a great friend and did the right thing- but I think he was sunk even if she didn’t show up so quickly. Yes, she got the police there quickly - but this guy is going to be a prime suspect when his family disappears.. the last one to see them, her car is still there... And he was a horrible liar, and his friends picked up on it too - and called the police. And SW had so many friends and coworkers and was SO connected with social media - they were going to notice quickly. Add in a few iPhones and Apple watches and GPS tracking every move and you can see he had an uphill battle for sure...

Does anyone knows if she had a fitbit? or the Health App on her iPhone?

I agree Amandaaa, I don't think CW was dumb either. You have to have some intelligence to have a career in the field he was in and also go to University and graduate in Chemical Engineering. Plus the VI also confirmed he was very skilled mechanically in auto-motives. I think he earned a scholarship to Nascar?? if I am remembering correctly.
Wait... are you saying CW had a degree? I thought neither he nor Sw had any type of degree... maybe I missed something...

If he was really bright he would have told SW he wanted a divorce and that he'd take his share of responsibilities for the kids like a real man would. That would have been intelligent - rebuilding your life within the boundaries of decency and the law. He could easily have found a life partner who would love him and be eager to be a stepmom to his adorable little girls and help out with finances. He would have gotten flack for cheating on his pregnant wife but that's minor compared to triple (+ his unborn son) homicide. MOO MOO. Its understandable that we may fall out of love with a spouse and in love with someone else. Not pleasant but it happens.
Well, he definitely didn’t think things through or do the right thing re: his marriage - that we can absolutely agree on - but I know plenty of people who are quite bright and very successful and just happen to be horrible at being married...

Josh Powell had a relatively high IQ (128). Does he seem smarter than CW? He did manage to hide the body somewhere no one has found. But he is also dead now so doesn't really get to enjoy the fruits of his murder.

Just an aside..people keep on saying that CW 'wasn't super bright'. I disagree, I believe he is VERY bright. You don't get a degree in Chemical Engineering without being bright. Nerdy bright. I have a nephew that is one of those. Imo
I wasn't aware that he had a degree in chemical engineering. Where did you learn that?

Agreed he couldn’t think of anything else - but I’m not sure if I think NUA really changed much... I’m not knocking anything she did - she was obviously a great friend and did the right thing- but I think he was sunk even if she didn’t show up so quickly. Yes, she got the police there quickly - but this guy is going to be a prime suspect when his family disappears.. the last one to see them, her car is still there... And he was a horrible liar, and his friends picked up on it too - and called the police. And SW had so many friends and coworkers and was SO connected with social media - they were going to notice quickly. Add in a few iPhones and Apple watches and GPS tracking every move and you can see he had an uphill battle for sure...
Agree. LE would have caught up with CW in the end but NUA's urging made them act a lot quicker which is good for evidence gathering.

Yeah. Even smart people make terrible criminals, so judging his intelligence based on the crime, is inherently flawed.

Likewise, we can’t make a determination based on any of the information that we currently have, to include media interviews and Facebook videos. We would need a lot more in order to make a call.
I would make the WORST criminal EVER! I can’t lie to save my life, and I would get so nervous about being caught that my generally logical way of thinking would go right out the window for sure!

Well I haven't heard that he had a degree in chemical engineering or any other undergrad degree. One of the VIs said that he went to a technical institute of some kind, and we saw him giving a community college presentation a few years ago. But I agree that anyone can be smart with or without any degree.

Well, he definitely didn’t think things through or do the right thing re: his marriage - that we can absokutely agree on - but I know plenty of people who are quite bright and very successful and just happen to be horrible at being married...
ITA. The thing that differentiates CW from others is that he committed homicide -- and left 2 toddlers, his unborn son and their pregnant mom dead.

I have no idea how or why one's opinion needs to be "argued" when the discussion is about a crime and the possibility of guilt or innocence of CW. Opinions often change based on more relevant information being released. We don't even know the cause of death for any of the victims. SW may have suffered a heart attack for all I know. JMO

Right?! Isn’t that what we do here on WS?

Yeah, something happened for sure... either it wasn’t planned or the plan was seriously derailed. Curious why you think he isn’t very bright...? Agreed, he’s not a good liar and not good at murder cleanup, but I get the sense that he’s far from dumb.

I don't know that he is far from dumb.

He has a good aptitude for mechanics and engineering so he is intelligent. But his emotional intelligence is sorely lacking.

Didn't he understand that he needed to at least appear to be desperate and worried about his babies, during the press interviews? He was so casual and even upbeat. That was pretty dumb.

And placing the bodies on his work site? Also, pretty freakin dumb.

Not making a distinction here between being book smart and otherwise deficient.

Did he have a degree in Chemical Engineering? I've not seen that anywhere.

That written note posted on the inside of the Watts front door that said lock me. Do we think that was an innocent thing they put up to remind themselves to lock the door? Or is it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member