Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do. Whether he planned to murder his entire family or not is what I wonder. In some ways, these videos lead me to believe he did. He had his story and appears confident in telling it; they vanished. He has no inclination where they are, blah, blah. Did he come up with those things off the cuff or had he been thinking about what his story would be for some time? What do you think?

I think it's interesting how people can watch the same interviews and see them completely different. I see absolutely zero confidence from his interviews. I see CW as scared, jumpy and stressed out. jmo

Yes they do. Whether he planned to murder his entire family or not is what I wonder. In some ways, these videos lead me to believe he did. He had his story and appears confident in telling it; they vanished. He has no inclination where they are, blah, blah. Did he come up with those things off the cuff or had he been thinking about what his story would be for some time? What do you think?
I've waffled on this but because of him disposing of the girls in the tanks and him burying SW in a grave and making it to work that morning I'm leaning towards planned. Did he make it to work on time and all cleaned up? Except of course that nasty what appears to be a bite mark on his neck.

The entire interview brings out my hinky meter, but especially when he speaks of Bella starting kindergarten in the PAST tense "She was going to start kindergarten next Monday". Also, when the reporter brings up that Shannan, his missing wife, is pregnant, he never confirms that fact, and just glosses over it, saying I just want them back. I feel like his interview is so staged, like this is what he is telling his AP.

I've waffled on this but because of him disposing of the girls in the tanks and him burying SW in a grave and making it to work that morning I'm leaning towards planned. Did he make it to work on time and all cleaned up? Except of course that nasty what appears to be a bite mark on his neck.
Do you think it looked nasty then? Unless greatly zoomed in, it appeared pretty insignificant to me.

I think he was thinking about his story the night before he was arrested. I dont know how he could of even lived with himself the pressure of guilt in his mind must have been overwhelming.

The entire interview brings out my hinky meter, but especially when he speaks of Bella starting kindergarten in the PAST tense "She was going to start kindergarten next Monday". Also, when the reporter brings up that Shannan, his missing wife, is pregnant, he never confirms that fact, and just glosses over it, saying I just want them back. I feel like his interview is so staged, like this is what he is telling his AP.
Well as he knew they are dead at this point, he would use past tense would he not?

Yes they do. Whether he planned to murder his entire family or not is what I wonder. In some ways, these videos lead me to believe he did. He had his story and appears confident in telling it; they vanished. He has no inclination where they are, blah, blah. Did he come up with those things off the cuff or had he been thinking about what his story would be for
some time? What do you think?

I think he's a little too disjointed and thin on the key questions for me to believe he'd been plotting out the story for a very long time. As if he'd not spent much time anticipating what another person might say in response to his story. I noticed that he added way more color on the non-key things like Minnie Mouse and Sophia couches, etc. It actually reminded me a little of JA when she'd avoid tough questions by talking about a strawberry frappuccino for 5 mins.

I think it's interesting how people can watch the same interviews and see them completely different. I see absolutely zero confidence from his interviews. I see CW as scared, jumpy and stressed out. jmo
Interesting indeed. The psychologist in this video says what jumps out at him is how good CW is at lying and that he's thought through it (his lies) and is not stumbling over his words. (Paraphrased)
MOO

Continuing the discussion from @pocketaccent and @Amonet, I think he thought he was going to get away with the perfect murder. He would put them in oil tanks to eventually rot away. He may have chosen tanks that were not currently operational so the bodies would be there longer before any oil was sent downline. I think he would have figured out a way to get SW in a tank if he had not run out of time.

Unfortunately for CW, he did not use that time window of 2:00AM to 5:00AM very well. If he had been more like neatnik SW, he would have remade the MBR bed immediately (20 min); put the sheets in the washer (5 min) that was only a few steps from MBR; made the girls’ beds (15 min); packed up bodies (20 min.); moved bodies to garage (15 min); gone downstairs and collected the shoes and suitcase and put them in her big closet (5 min); taken her cell phone and purse and put in the garage next to bodies to take with him to dispose of (5 min); Febrezed (10 min) everything FWIW; tidied up the place like SW would have it (15 min); removed killing clothes and put in washer being sure to use Oxyclean / put sheets in dryer first (5 min); take a shower and dress for work (20 min); nap or whatever until time to get the truck and load the bodies. All of this would have taken approximately 1.5 hours.

As WS’ers know, very few crimes are perfect and this one was definitely a failure - thankfully.

Thank heavens there are friends like NUA in the world. We don’t need make believe heroines; we have NUA.

Do you think it looked nasty then? Unless greatly zoomed in, it appeared pretty insignificant to me.
I just watched his interview again full screen. It's pretty apparent it's not a birthmark or a cut from shaving. It's roundy with a raised red mark in the center. Heck....maybe it's from a hickey but also 3 people were already dead at that time. I do think it's significant and it appeared so to me. The camera stayed right on it for some time.

Unless there's something obvious that points in another direction investigators almost always look at the people closest to the victim or missing person and work their way out. Even if a person is complety innocent I would think it would be a normal response to be somewhat concerned the finger was going to be pointed at you. I believe CW knew everything he said was going to be analyzed. At the time of the interview, I think he knew it was only matter of time before he was going to be held accountable. In my opinion, he planned on coming clean to LE with his story, but he wanted to talk to his dad and to see him in person before he confessed to LE. I really think he was thinking there was a possibility that he was going to be arresting during the interview. I think he looks and acts scared.
jmo, moo, imo
I don't necessarily disagree with you Tippy. I just think CW's concern about how he was being looked at was excessive, to the point the journalist already knew that was front of mind for CW before he interviewed him (something you might keep under wraps around the media when you're trying to put the focus on the safety of your family). But look yeah I know it's all moot because we know he did know where they were and all that, so little to be gained from analysing it further. I just found it interesting that the journo didn't seem to be buying his story from the off. However, I don't believe he was planning to confess at that point; if he was, why bother going through with the torture of three on-camera interviews? Nothing to be gained.

Last edited:
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
SW and CW gets up at 4-5am everyday . I know for me this is not normal so it seemed odd at first . But once you look at her posts this is everyday. IMO it is highly possible that the murders were not planned . The scene was not cleared up by CW however there had been no mention as to a struggle throughout the home found . To me that could indicate the area was in probability the same place. Which ironically could align with CW statement to the fact of how it happened . The dog distress also fits within this timeline. If he had killed them the night before he would have had to kill the dog IMO because the distress yelps. The dog yelps could have happened IMO at the time of the murders. This would also explain that it was not premeditated .

There is an awful lot of dog barking going on in this video ...
Those were the LE cadaver dogs in his house that have hit on a scent of death. I have a mini Dachshund Dog like Dieter and the bark is not near that loud even though I call my little Heidi a Pitbull in a little body. These dogs are VERY protective of their family and great watchdogs. When anyone raises their hand near me she thinks they are going to hit me, she goes ballistic and starts attacking. These are mighty little dogs. I would guess CW locked Dieter in a room before he killed SW. Dieter would have been going after CW ankles biting if he were in the room. I’ve owned Dachshunds my entire life. I know these dogs behaviors. I think he might have killed the girls at another location after the birthday party. He made sure he took them so peeps would say the saw them all together that day. That eve neighbors saw him BBQ alone. I think that day after putting the girls in the oil tanks he knew he was going to have to bury SW and made sure he brought the proper toools to bury her after killing her. It has been reported that dirt is very hard.

Also, when he was giving his lying interview I wonder if he gave LE access to his vehicle as well and going through his vehicle I’m sure they found plenty of dirt in the drivers side from CW shoes after burying SW in that hard dirt. If he had a GPS they would have his coordinates from the history. He hadn’t had time to clean the vehicle and after all he was “blowing through all the lights to get home” It must have taken quite awhile to bury SW as she was not a small girl. I bet the shovel was still in the truck as well. I read lots of hair in the truck bed.

That along with no video footage of SW and the girls leaving is pretty damning evidence so while LE was watching his interview they knew he had done something to that family. Shortly after the interview and before he confessed LE already had a drone over the area of the oil tanks that’s how they saw the sheet that matched the one in the trash and loose dirt from a shallow grave

I have a question about the motions, they are all worded as though CW has a lot of input, almost as if they come directly from him. I realise they act on his behalf, I’m just curious how much input CW has in reality.

Would they confer with him every time before they file something, or would they generally seek some kind of blanket permission to just go ahead whenever they see fit?

TIA!
They are worded that way because they are acting on his behalf. I would imagine that they discuss what they are doing with him first before proceeding and ask him for his input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa