Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my question. He is not mandated to give an interview, is he? Imagining myself in a situation like this, would I even spend the time on the interview? Or would I say, "go away, guys, I have my stuff to do, I have to communicate with the police, I have no time for you?"

Because unless it is an appeal to the kidnappers, no way would I agree to spend the time on the national TV while in fact my family might need me at this moment.
He was absolutely not mandated to give an interview, but under the circumstances, it would have struck many people as odd, had he not given one.

We’ve seen countless tearful pleas from the families of missing people over the years, and I think that most people have come to expect that.

Madison418 said:
Yes this I'm very curious about. Wouldn't the state and the defense have equal right to receive it at the same time?

Bluff
@Bill Carson, that is reassuring that they are being thorough and diligent but why would the defense team let an error of "she" versus "he" in a document? I guess I am questioning too much.

@Bill Carson
I was just commenting on your remark that the defense is handling the case with due diligence and I was wondering why the "she" error slipped through the system.

It's a clerical error and nothing more, imo.

Here is my question. He is not mandated to give an interview, is he? Imagining myself in a situation like this, would I even spend the time on the interview? Or would I say, "go away, guys, I have my stuff to do, I have to communicate with the police, I have no time for you?"

Because unless it is an appeal to the kidnappers, no way would I agree to spend the time on the national TV while in fact my family might need me at this moment.
No, he was just doing what he thought a man with a missing family should do. He obviously felt under pressure to make a media appeal for their safe return. LE alerted the media that morning that they were 'missing' so he must have just felt cornered and that he had to go through with the interviews...

He was absolutely not mandated to give an interview, but under the circumstances, it would have struck many people as odd had he not given one.

We’ve seen countless tearful pleas from the families of missing people over the years, and I think that most people have come to expect that.
I really do not think that I could do that. I would have to ask my brother to do it for me, and he would.

I'm wayyyy behind (again) -- but I just saw this - as usual, please forgive if it's a repeat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Allegedly Hiding Bodies of Pregnant Wife & Kids, Chris Watts May Have Left Something Incriminating Behind
When the bodies of Shan’ann Watts and her two young daughters were discovered at a remote Colorado oil field in mid August, police found something else at the scene which may further link the three deaths to Chris Watts, Shan’ann’s husband the father to her girls.

A non-porous bag with a possible footprint was found, according to a prosecution motion obtained by PEOPLE.
[...]
However, a source close to the investigation previously told PEOPLE that “there is absolutely no evidence that she [Shan’ann] killed her children.”

“Just based on the preliminary evidence, everything is consistent with him killing them all,” the source said.
-------------------------------------------

After Allegedly Hiding Families' Bodies, Chris Watts May Have Left Something Incriminating Behind

It is yet more sensational click bait. JMO

He was absolutely not mandated to give an interview, but under the circumstances, it would have struck many people as odd, had he not given one.

Yes, usually the family member of the missing person giving the interview is crying and in total shock. They're rumpled, eyes are red, exhausted. To watch them is to cry with them and feel their pain and despair. In hindsight, CW may regret doing the interviews/appeal for the return of his missing pregnant wife and toddlers.

Yes, usually the family member of the missing person giving the interview is crying and in total shock. They're rumpled, eyes are red, exhausted. To watch them is to cry with them and feel their pain and despair. In hindsight, CW may regret doing the interviews/appeal for the return of his missing pregnant wife and toddlers.
Oh, he will absolutely come to regret giving those interviews.

No, he was just doing what he thought a man with a missing family should do. He obviously felt under pressure to make a media appeal for their safe return. LE alerted the media that morning that they were 'missing' so he must have just felt cornered and that he had to go through with the interviews...
There is a possibility that he was hoping to do the interviews and come across as the grieving husband. IMHO, CW was enjoying the attention of the news crews.

I know what emotional abuse is as I've spent many nights sitting in a women's shelter in therapy sessions for that very reason. So again, I haven't seen any signs that either one of them were being abused before the murders, except for his cheating which is a betrayal of trust and would certainly cause a person to become confused about their self worth and value.

I agree. I don't really get the sense that there was secret DV occurring on either part.

It usually isn't the pattern in these cases.

Hey Everyone,

A bit of clarification.

Please, no more discussion on the viability of Shanann's company or whether her company was or wasn't a pyramid scheme. No more digging up documents or complaints or anything to do with the function of the company. The fact is Shanann's company is not what we are discussing.

If want to discuss if job stress may have contributed to Shanann and Chris' relationship problems please make sure it is in the realm of reality and not the Twilight Zone.

Thank you,
Tricia

Thanks, because I too am confused sometimes when I get back in here. Sorry about that. So this shows that SW got a Protection From Abuse order from CW? Her family had to know something especially since she spent five weeks there without him. OMG.
No. It was most likely an error by perhaps a clerk using a template who did not change the "she" to "he" IMO

The children were abused by being forced to sit on Santa's lap, and having water squirted in a water fight, and having whip creme/pie fight. And Chris was abused by his wife, because she bossed him around and made fun of his clothing when they first met, and made fun of him for losing a checkers game...
The comment @Trinket78 made about SW making fun of his clothing, as you mention here, makes me think of his response to the interviewer on the porch when asked about his UNC Tarheels shirt he was wearing.... didn't he respond something about Shanann bought it for him (off Amazon) & it was his favorite team!
I'm not making any particular point here....just commenting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler