Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! A new thought has come into my mind in regards to the garage.

I'm thinking CW took the bodies in trash bags a.s.a.p. down to the garage for storing while he stripped beds etc. He may have taken a nap too, then proceeded with his plan after 5am loading bodies into his truck.

CW tried to delay LE entering the garage, maybe he thought he left something incriminating behind or a scent of death might be picked up. Basically, trying to prevent the inevitable. JMO

From one of the videos, we know that their alarm system was attached to the garage door from the house to the garage. It alerted during the Santa Claus video. I'm looking forward to finding out when the door was open and closed each time that night from the law enforcement pulling that information as they did with the Bonita Springs case in Florida.

I believe I may have found the defence that CW will rely on against the charge of murdering SW.

3.4 – Self-defense / defense of another

Under Colorado law, self-defense is not an affirmative defense in itself to first-degree murder charges. However, it may negate the element of extreme indifference required to sustain them.

Likewise, showing that you were acting to defend someone else is strong evidence that you did not kill someone with an extreme indifference to the value of human life generally.”

Example: Penny's boyfriend has, in the past, when he has been drinking heavily, committed acts of violence against Penny's young son. After the boyfriend comes home drunk one night and raises his fists to her son, Penny shoots and kills him. Assuming she acted in a good faith belief that her child was in danger, Penny has not acted with the extreme indifference required for a first-degree murder charge. She may still be liable on a lesser charge, however, depending on other factors – such as whether the degree of force was reasonable under the circumstances.

Colorado "first degree murder" laws |18-3-102 C.R.S.

In the same article it will be seen that premeditation is defined as “deliberation”.

1.1 The legal meaning of “homicide,” “person,” “position of trust,” and “deliberation”

(3) The term “after deliberation” means not only intentionally but also that the decision to commit the act has been made after the exercise of reflection and judgment concerning the act. An act committed after deliberation is never one which has been committed in a hasty or impulsive manner.

However, the length of time required for deliberation is not long. All that is required for deliberation is enough time in which to form the intent to murder someone.

Example: Joe lives in a dangerous neighborhood. One evening he goes out, carrying a gun in his waistband for self-protection. While he is walking down his street, he gets into a heated argument with his neighbor Kurt. Kurt provokes Joe, who pulls out his gun and uses it to hit Kurt in the head, thereby committing an assault in the heat of passion.

However, even as Joe pistol-whips Kurt, the argument escalates. Finally, Joe erupts. “I've had enough of your mouth,” he says. He *advertiser censored* the pistol, aims it at Kurt's heart and pulls the trigger.

Even though the beating itself was not premeditated, and Joe wasn't carrying the gun with malicious intent, Joe may still be guilty of first-degree murder. A jury could find that his words to Kurt, as well as the act of cocking the gun and his aiming for Kurt's heart, show that Joe had sufficient time to deliberate his actions and form the requisite malice.

I'm wayyyy behind (again) -- but I just saw this - as usual, please forgive if it's a repeat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Allegedly Hiding Bodies of Pregnant Wife & Kids, Chris Watts May Have Left Something Incriminating Behind
When the bodies of Shan’ann Watts and her two young daughters were discovered at a remote Colorado oil field in mid August, police found something else at the scene which may further link the three deaths to Chris Watts, Shan’ann’s husband the father to her girls.

A non-porous bag with a possible footprint was found, according to a prosecution motion obtained by PEOPLE.
[...]
However, a source close to the investigation previously told PEOPLE that “there is absolutely no evidence that she [Shan’ann] killed her children.”

“Just based on the preliminary evidence, everything is consistent with him killing them all,” the source said.
-------------------------------------------

After Allegedly Hiding Families' Bodies, Chris Watts May Have Left Something Incriminating Behind
Hmmmm, we already know he disposed of them in the oil fields. He’s admitted to this. Well, saying he killed SW after she killed the children. No one has thought she killed the girls and she put them in the tanks using the bags to transport them. So, I’m not sure how this reveals anything new.

@Tippy Lynn, I agree with you but at the Travis Alexander 2nd trial, a death penalty trial, out of the 12 jurors, 11 were okay with the DP but one juror claimed that she did not believe in the DP. I know this is not about Travis Alexander, but it was the first case I followed and left an imprint on me. I get nervous about juries. I guess I need to read more cases to get over my fear of juries.

Sorry to be O/T.

The current posters that were around way back know what I am talking about.

Jumping in to say, I think these cases have similar facets - for example JA accusing TA of bad things, just as CW has said SW strangled the girls. I'm scared it will also become like the CA trial with the defendant cast as a victim of some sort, grrr. All MOO and subject to change.

It does seem he delayed entry into the house by saying the garage keypad was broken per the affadavit but he was 5 minutes away. I am curious to see if it was indeed broken and how entry to the house was gained. Moo

My assumption was that he had a garage door opener in his car. And that is how they gained entry.

Yeah. To the contrary. I think they're incredible. And your info explains something I've been thinking. I do believe they've been peppering the internet with nasty insinuations about Shanann's character. Or encouraging others to do so.

And I think it's having an effect.

You think they are so unethical that they would intentionally violate the Rules of Professional Conduct, risking a disciplinary sanction and the possible loss of their meal ticket? Hmmm.....

@Tippy Lynn, I agree with you but at the Travis Alexander 2nd trial, a death penalty trial, out of the 12 jurors, 11 were okay with the DP but one juror claimed that she did not believe in the DP. I know this is not about Travis Alexander, but it was the first case I followed and left an imprint on me. I get nervous about juries. I guess I need to read more cases to get over my fear of juries.

Sorry to be O/T.

The current posters that were around way back know what I am talking about.

I agree. I’m familiar with the case and I know what your talking about as well. :)

I believe I may have found the defence that CW will rely on against the charge of murdering SW.

3.4 – Self-defense / defense of another

Under Colorado law, self-defense is not an affirmative defense in itself to first-degree murder charges. However, it may negate the element of extreme indifference required to sustain them.

Likewise, showing that you were acting to defend someone else is strong evidence that you did not kill someone with an extreme indifference to the value of human life generally.”

Example: Penny's boyfriend has, in the past, when he has been drinking heavily, committed acts of violence against Penny's young son. After the boyfriend comes home drunk one night and raises his fists to her son, Penny shoots and kills him. Assuming she acted in a good faith belief that her child was in danger, Penny has not acted with the extreme indifference required for a first-degree murder charge. She may still be liable on a lesser charge, however, depending on other factors – such as whether the degree of force was reasonable under the circumstances.

Colorado "first degree murder" laws |18-3-102 C.R.S.

In the same article it will be seen that premeditation is defined as “deliberation”.

1.1 The legal meaning of “homicide,” “person,” “position of trust,” and “deliberation”

(3) The term “after deliberation” means not only intentionally but also that the decision to commit the act has been made after the exercise of reflection and judgment concerning the act. An act committed after deliberation is never one which has been committed in a hasty or impulsive manner.

However, the length of time required for deliberation is not long. All that is required for deliberation is enough time in which to form the intent to murder someone.

Example: Joe lives in a dangerous neighborhood. One evening he goes out, carrying a gun in his waistband for self-protection. While he is walking down his street, he gets into a heated argument with his neighbor Kurt. Kurt provokes Joe, who pulls out his gun and uses it to hit Kurt in the head, thereby committing an assault in the heat of passion.

However, even as Joe pistol-whips Kurt, the argument escalates. Finally, Joe erupts. “I've had enough of your mouth,” he says. He *advertiser censored* the pistol, aims it at Kurt's heart and pulls the trigger.

Even though the beating itself was not premeditated, and Joe wasn't carrying the gun with malicious intent, Joe may still be guilty of first-degree murder. A jury could find that his words to Kurt, as well as the act of cocking the gun and his aiming for Kurt's heart, show that Joe had sufficient time to deliberate his actions and form the requisite malice.

yes, good work. I remember someone posted this statute a day or so ago, and asked if CW's dad was an attorney. They wondered if someone helped CW with the wording about his wife 'being in the act of strangling' his 2nd girl;

If he hadn't worded the confession like that, it would not fall under the statute above. Pretty interesting coincidence.

If he had a psychotic break, he would not have been able to hold a calm, collected interview the next day.

You’re describing a couple of different phenomena here, and I think all of them would require either a history of demonstrated mental illness and/or psychotic/disorganized behavior the day after. I don’t know if this was premeditated, but I’m pretty convinced that he was fully competent at the time.
I don't think he was experiencing psychosis the night he murdered his family, but many people do experience psychosis and are still able to function and appear normal. So no, probably not what happened, but his behavior the next day does not prove he didn't experience psychosis the previous evening.

I am not a mod. Just cautioning that Tricia has warned everyone she will NOT put up with snark any more and IMO it is again creeping into the thread. I don't want the mods overworked or the thread closed. JMO.

------
In other news,
I have a funny feeling that a lot of information is going to be discovered soon.
I might as well ask now, what exactly is “snark”?

You think they are so unethical that they would intentionally violate the Rules of Professional Conduct, risking a disciplinary sanction and the possible loss of their meal ticket? Hmmm.....

YESSSS... Jose Biaz's team did so. They hired a team of internet people who dropped little nuggets here and there, including at WS, according to some members. There was even a weird moment during the live feed, where one of the defense team had the WS site up on their laptop during a recess, to see what peeps were saying...

I don't think he was experiencing psychosis the night he murdered his family, but many people do experience psychosis and are still able to function and appear normal. So no, probably not what happened, but his behavior the next day does not prove he didn't experience psychosis the previous evening.
I have to disagree with this. I have never seen anyone come out of a psychotic episode as serious as this one must have been and be completely normal the next day without some treatment.

I think you need to have a very outgoing personality as well as being very competitive to be a wrestler. JMO.

WWF perhaps, but not high school Greco-Roman wrestling. I could be wrong, but I perceive the latter wrestlers, like Olympic champion Rulon Gardner, as quiet and unassuming.

Edit grammar

Last edited:
If he had a psychotic break, he would not have been able to hold a calm, collected interview the next day.

You’re describing a couple of different phenomena here, and I think all of them would require either a history of demonstrated mental illness and/or psychotic/disorganized behavior the day after. I don’t know if this was premeditated, but I’m pretty convinced that he was fully competent at the time.

No, not a psychotic break - a weird turning off of his actual life and a shifting of gears to completely turn his back on it. There isn't a medical term for what I'm trying to convey. I think he's completely competent but has a broken mind or a mind that compartmentalized like an uncaring robot. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74