Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Doing horrible things in the cover of darkness is different than hearing, "... destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed or altered a human body, part of a human body or human remains... " about his little girls in front of the court, the world, both of their families. I hope just for a split second it hit him how truly revolting and despicable his actions were.

When I read that I felt positively ill. I sincerely hope that it's nothing worse than "concealed" because that's bad enough. The rest doesn't bear thinking about.

Yes, this is from @Layla123

AB 9/25/18
1. New details. SW’s mother and brother have spent the last few days in. Colorado to take care of things. Police and Prosecutors may want background on C.W. Will want to do deep debrief with family. Building entire case. Prosecutors Office has been in regular contact with family all along. Prosecutors have been offering family hope for justice.
2. Lauren Arnold (SW’s good friend) and her mother are hanging out with family.
3. Going to try to build a case on a profile of how CW degenerated over last few years.
4. Defense forcing shenanigans on Prosecution demanding Autopsy reports. Dylan Kliebold (Columbine) autopsy took a long time, too.
5. Taking so long sometimes because of scientific details. Oil, may be a problem. Scientists work together. Try to find best methods and solutions. Could have disagreements. Try to find best methods, they want to deliver the best, most thorough report they can.
6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts.
7. Guest thinks LE already knows what happened. May be stalling a little.
8. Watts family purchased a high tech home security system. All movement in through system is recorded. Can tell if a door was opened and how long it stayed open. If door was opened and left open at times other than when C.W. said, like at 2 instead of 5:30, it will be recorded. LE can work with security Co. to get that data. Footage lasts about 15 days. Data may last longer. NUA knew code to front door. It is possible C.W. set it, so no one but him could enter. It’s possible to share footage with neighbors who use same system.
9. There is an emergency panel available for that system, with one touch you can call 911. CW didn’t use it.
10. When CW lied and said family was missing, that was a lie. That’s a crime. Could he face mores charges? Casey Anthony lied. Got 4 convictions, 4 years. CW could get charged with Obstruction of Justice, perhaps filing false police report, he lied, and he’ll probably continue to lie. CA was order to pay $217,449.23 for false investigation. Probably hasn’t paid a dime.
10. Lies are a viable part of this case. Kind of a consolation prize if you don’t get conviction.
11. If this is a death penalty case could cost millions of dollars.
12. Looks like CWs defense is going to go all out, they’re going to fight everything tooth and nail.
Viewer Question
1. This case is so much like the Peterson case yet that one was so open and up front with all information from start to finish. What’s so different about this case? Different parties involved. Different personalities in attorneys. Geragos was high profile. Lack of information not surprising, it’s only been 5-6 weeks. Waiting to find out if girls were put in oil tanks when still alive, there will be oil in their lungs.

I'm also sharing some images from the show, specifically regarding home security technology, and with added links to the corresponding Product support pages:

Vivint SkyControl 3.0™ Emergency Services
ashleigh-banfield-092518-er.jpg

Vivint Doorbell Camera™ and Vivint Smart Lock (910)
ashleigh-banfield-092518-tech.jpg

It's so hard for me to believe CW's story of what happened that horrible night. Especially in light of his attempts to cover up what he had done. And the lies !

What kind of person is capable of not only going to work the same morning he murdered his family, but even after putting their dead bodies in the truck, driving to the site, and disposing of them, he was also capable of taking himself to work, being interviewed 3 times by tv stations and speaking with LE. Did he speak with family, too? Lies lies and more lies.

Who can trust or believe anything he says after all the lies? Why would he cover up what he says Shannan did? Seems he would be all up into showing & telling LE & his family what Shannan did.
He would cuddle and hold those little bodies. He would grieve. Not drive to a job site and dump them like embarrassing trash. Who does these things to people they Love? Little babies?

And why would his defense team want to keep his visitors private?

CWs heart and soul is entirely void. Black and empty. The air he breathes was stolen from those who loved and needed him. They depended on and trusted him. How could He?

Yes. But no public pleading in interviews is what we were referring to. All of those were brought in from LE.

Yes, I edited to add that considering the resources he had available from all of those agencies, you'd think he'd be doing exactly that.

But it's understandable why there was no public pleading; since we now know he was lying, and knew exactly where they were.

ETA: JMO.

8. Watts family purchased a high tech home security system. All movement in through system is recorded. Can tell if a door was opened and how long it stayed open. If door was opened and left open at times other than when C.W. said, like at 2 instead of 5:30, it will be recorded. LE can work with security Co. to get that data. Footage lasts about 15 days. Data may last longer. NUA knew code to front door. It is possible C.W. set it, so no one but him could enter. It’s possible to share footage with neighbors who use same system.

It's beyond chilling to consider what may have happened to NUA but for LE arriving before him.

She's going to be the absolute star witness in this case.

Good morning all, and Welcome @JackyBoy! This is a 4-minute video with a technology expert who talks about smart motion detection, the garage door keypad, and the smart lock. We need some news!

Good Morning Pommy! (well, it's afternoon now, lol but I just found the new thread).

Thank you for this video as it confirms what another poster had guessed several threads ago that their security system was a Vivint and the doorbell camera was likely Vivint, not the Ring brand. Here's a very informative post about the Vivint system by @rainynights Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

"6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts."

Is it surprising that they buried all 3 of them? That is, there is no going back now for any more samples if the autopsy results are inconclusive or they need more data to work from. Sure hope they feel they obtained everything they needed before the funerals. :-(

Yes, I edited to add that considering the resources he had available from all of those agencies, you'd think he'd be doing exactly that.

But it's understandable why there was no public pleading; since we now know he was lying, and knew exactly where they were.

ETA: JMO.
Gotchya and true, true.

I'm out of here.
moon-smiley.gif
Play nicely.

It's so hard for me to believe CW's story of what happened that horrible night. Especially in light of his attempts to cover up what he had done. And the lies !

What kind of person is capable of not only going to work the same morning he murdered his family, but even after putting their dead bodies in the truck, driving to the site, and disposing of them, he was also capable of taking himself to work, being interviewed 3 times by tv stations and speaking with LE. Did he speak with family, too? Lies lies and more lies.

Who can trust or believe anything he says after all the lies? Why would he cover up what he says Shannan did? Seems he would be all up into showing & telling LE & his family what Shannan did.
He would cuddle and hold those little bodies. He would grieve. Not drive to a job site and dump them like embarrassing trash. Who does these things to people they Love? Little babies?

And why would his defense team want to keep his visitors private?

CWs heart and soul is entirely void. Black and empty. The air he breathes was stolen from those who loved and needed him. They depended on and trusted him. How could He?
I'm not surprised you have trouble believing it. His whole convoluted tale of revenge-murdering his murderous pregnant spouse is more melodramatic than a Shakespearean tragedy.

To your question about his visitor list, the defence will not want the prosecution to know about any expert witnesses who visit him, for tactical reasons.

Yes, this is from @Layla123

AB 9/25/18
1. New details. SW’s mother and brother have spent the last few days in. Colorado to take care of things. Police and Prosecutors may want background on C.W. Will want to do deep debrief with family. Building entire case. Prosecutors Office has been in regular contact with family all along. Prosecutors have been offering family hope for justice.
2. Lauren Arnold (SW’s good friend) and her mother are hanging out with family.
3. Going to try to build a case on a profile of how CW degenerated over last few years.
4. Defense forcing shenanigans on Prosecution demanding Autopsy reports. Dylan Kliebold (Columbine) autopsy took a long time, too.
5. Taking so long sometimes because of scientific details. Oil, may be a problem. Scientists work together. Try to find best methods and solutions. Could have disagreements. Try to find best methods, they want to deliver the best, most thorough report they can.
6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts.
7. Guest thinks LE already knows what happened. May be stalling a little.
9. There is an emergency panel available for that system, with one touch you can call 911. CW didn’t use it.
10. When CW lied and said family was missing, that was a lie. That’s a crime. Could he face mores charges? Casey Anthony lied. Got 4 convictions, 4 years. CW could get charged with Obstruction of Justice, perhaps filing false police report, he lied, and he’ll probably continue to lie. CA was order to pay $217,449.23 for false investigation. Probably hasn’t paid a dime.
10. Lies are a viable part of this case. Kind of a consolation prize if you don’t get conviction.
11. If this is a death penalty case could cost millions of dollars.
12. Looks like CWs defense is going to go all out, they’re going to fight everything tooth and nail.
Viewer Question
1. This case is so much like the Peterson case yet that one was so open and up front with all information from start to finish. What’s so different about this case? Different parties involved. Different personalities in attorneys. Geragos was high profile. Lack of information not surprising, it’s only been 5-6 weeks. Waiting to find out if girls were put in oil tanks when still alive, there will be oil in their lungs.
You are such an InformativeMommy! Thank you. :)

"6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts."

Is it surprising that they buried all 3 of them? That is, there is no going back now for any more samples if the autopsy results are inconclusive or they need more data to work from. Sure hope they feel they obtained everything they needed before the funerals. :-(
They would have covered all their bases here. I imagine that every test that could be done, was done.

They are acutely aware that all eyes are on them, not that this should have an effect on their procedures though.

Yes, I wonder how much of the garage door evidence will conflict with his story. He probably wasn't aware the data could be retrieved, so it's bound to show something, especially if had been opened and closed during the time the emotional conversation was to have taken place, and of course the strangling of his children, according to his version of events. I'm beginning to think the prosecution will have a mountain of evidence against him. Jmo
BBM
Ok, I also have the Vivint alarm system.
Sorry it took so long to reply. After seeing your post, I went to look at my Vivint app, to see how long info is there. :)
It looks like, on the phone app anyway, it stores about 1-1/2 months.
Mine was August 12 to today.
We have Wyoming wind, so it goes off constantly, lol.
If someone rings the doorbell, it will say that.
If someone is walking outside, but doesn't ring doorbell, it says 'visitor detected'. (It ALWAYS detects the wind) :p
I just opened the interior garage door, propped it open for about 2 minutes.
My app shows the time opened, then the time closed. :)
IMG_1322.jpg IMG_1324.jpg

BBM
Ok, I also have the Vivint alarm system.
Sorry it took so long to reply. After seeing your post, I went to look at my Vivint app, to see how long info is there. :)
It looks like, on the phone app anyway, it stores about 1-1/2 months.
Mine was August 12 to today.
We have Wyoming wind, so it goes off constantly, lol.
If someone rings the doorbell, it will say that.
If someone is walking outside, but doesn't ring doorbell, it says 'visitor detected'. (It ALWAYS detects the wind) :p
I just opened the interior garage door, propped it open for about 2 minutes.
My app shows the time opened, then the time closed. :)
Wow. If the Watts’ settings were the same, this could prove very helpful to the prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member