Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. But psychopaths don't get nervous when they lie. Not one bit. They have low physiological arousal thresholds. They are like dead-eyes sharks.

Robert Hare's books and articles about psychopaths really break it down.

A psychopath would be very confident in their ability to get away with it and not afraid to get caught really. They enjoy the cat and mouse. They feel zero fear.

Bundy is a great example.

Maybe this guy is more of a typical narcissist. Lesser ability to feel empathy. But able to form bonds. Still manipulative and deceptive. They are good at hiding their true natures.

They tend to experience narcissistic panic when they're going to be unmasked as the insecure creeps they really are. And then desperate rage.

And it's the desperate rage that is so dangerous

I think she was the one one holding the pursestrings. He strikes me as willing to be passive and uninvolved

Since we are discussing who controlled the finances and how it might have played a role in this dreadful sickening crime, I have to share with you all a startling stat.

From the National Network to End Domestic Abuse, financial or economic abuse is present in 98% of domestic violence cases. 98. That's pretty much ALL, statistically.

Examples:

Not allowing accessing to money.
Putting the wife/partner on an allowance.
Not allowing her to see the bills.
Etc, I think we all can figure out what it means.

The biggest takeaway is that to realize any man (or woman, but statistically far less likely) who says, "Hey, I love you, don't worry about money. I'll take care of anything." That's pretty irresistible! But it can lead to a slippery slope to control, domineering demands which are all very abuse.

I'm willing to bet, with all their money problems, that he controlled the finances. I know her Thrive business looks enticing but it's all a sham, we know that now.

He looked well rested too. He’d been sleeping well after killing his entire family I suppose.

so do you think the new spectacles are part of the look (you know, the "I'm not a ____" look they think eyeglasses indicate) or do you think he can't wear his contacts in jail?

I just watched the youtube video of his Class Presentation. There has certainly been a seachange in his appearance.

This reminds me of the Mariah Woods case, where Mariah’s mom’s boyfriend was arrested for stealing a dresser or two from a nearby abandoned house. Everyone had theories (good ones too), such as maybe he buried Mariah in them, or needed the wood to burn her remains (uggh, such a sad case this was)...and I distinctly remember saying something like “I think maybe he just needed dressers.” Then we found out that the mom in fact had recently placed an ad looking for used dressers.

Anyway, I thought the same about the shirt. Probably he simply just liked the way it fit or looked on him.

But it doesn’t bother me that other sleuthers wonder if there is more significance to it. To each their own.

Oh my gosh I remember you saying that! Made sense to me!

I'm willing to bet, with all their money problems, that he controlled the finances. I know her Thrive business looks enticing but it's all a sham, we know that now.
I'm tending to lean this way too. He sold HER snake oil when he promised he'd take care of her as his wife when she agreed to move to CO. Then, they get here and he's not what he promised he'd be or provide.

She is then forced to work night shift at Children's to make ends meet during and after the BK. In the interim she tries various MLMs in order to stay home with her baby(s) and eventually lands on one that seems rather promising. It's at this time he begins to lose control.

He is agreeable at first - even helping her to promote these products. Meanwhile resentment is creeping in and later turns into a murderous rage.

If school started on 8/13 and was a no show.....were they still in NC that Monday? If not, then was SW home?
Yes, SW and girls returned home from NC mid week, and SW went to AZ for the weekend intending to arrive home Sunday evening 8/12. Her flight was delayed so she didn't arrive Colorado home until Monday 8/13 at 1:48AM -- plenty of time to get Bella to school. Is Kdg still 1/2 day?

In the video she posted on SM where she surprises him with the positive pregnancy test, he kisses her and says, "I guess it happens when you want it to happen." Kind of implying the "Oops" shirt was silly IMO. Also perhaps interestingly, he asks about the pink lines on the pregnancy test. He wonders if that indicates gender. She seems annoyed and says, "No, that's just the test. That's just the test."
The video was super staged but that question about the pink vs. blue just seemed so manufactured to me. Also he looks so different in his glasses. What on earth could have happened to eff ths guy up so bad.. it’s so depraved.

I’ve had a busy weekend, just popping in...do we know if there’s a particular time tomorrow that the affidavit will be released? Or do we just need to keep a close eye on local media outlets?
Here’s what we know so far:

From the media thread:

“Frederick police also told Denver7 Friday that they believe they have two or three more days of interviews to conduct related to the case. Weld County prosecutors have until 3:30 p.m. Monday to file formal charges against Watts.“

Frederick police say they have 2-3 days of interviews to finish in Chris Watts case

"In Weld County, the return of filing charges date is an administrative court date that is held at the clerk's office," White said. "We will electronically file the charges and since the defendant is in custody, he will be served the paperwork by the Weld County Sheriff's Office in jail."

She added that Christopher Watts is scheduled to appear in court in person on Tuesday to be read his rights regarding the charges. He currently faces three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body, although that could change.”

Christopher Watts to be served charging documents in jail cell for Frederick slayings

AUGUST 18, 2018
Chris Watts' affidavit expected to be made public Monday

An affidavit explaining why investigators believe a Colorado husband and father murdered his pregnant wife and family is expected to be made public Monday.

Autopsies were completed Friday on Shanann Watts, 34, and her daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie