Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed a detail in the interview with Nicole that contradicts what CW said in his interview. She states "he was reluctant to come" to the house, and then she said "we told him we were going to call the police."

He paints the picture in his interview that when he saw Nicole at the house, he immediately raced home because he knew Shannan would not ignore "her people." LIE

Children’s deaths are given as between 12 - 13 August and Shannan’s is said to be 13th August. All of the tampering charges relate to 13 August

That means the kids were likely dead in the home when she arrived, right? Ugh. Horrific. I had hoped she never knew. I had hoped she was at least spared that.

Last edited:
It says she died as a result of the unlawful termination of pregnancy? Weird...I had imagined the pregnancy was terminated because she died, not the other way around...am I not understanding some legal terminology or something? Seems weird.
The charge about the termination of pregnancy reads like he killed the baby and afterwards she died as a result of it. Is that correct?

Reading the charges I am confused about one thing:

It says; "
Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S"

How can it be THAT (SW died even though he was "only" trying to terminate the pregnancy") and murder in the first degree?

Is this similar to Arizona laws where if someone dies as a result of a felony it is automatically murder in the first degree?

I'm a dispatcher, and police doing a welfare check will break in when they feel there is a reason and an immediate concern. Likely with your daughter's ex they didn't find any reason to break in, with Shanann they likely did have a reason to break in (if that's what happened). It's just case by case.

What that reason was, we just don't know. There's so much we don't know yet.

I would like to know if LE was ever called to their home.

Or it could be he was distancing himself because he knew they were going to split up and there wouldn't be a family anymore.

Yes, this is certainly possible.

It's also possible that he was displaying cognitive dissonance.

If this was premeditated, then by "distancing" himself from his daughters and wife, he could "dehumanize" them.

Either way, he had been "distancing" himself enough from the family for S.W. to talk about this to her friend.

Where is this from? It’s the first I’m hearing about shouting or arguing and I swear I’ve read absolutely everything like an obsessive psycho lol

One of these links I can't open without a subscription but something might be there. I do recall something but can't find a link. I did find this:
Family members who wish not to be identified say they overheard arguments about money. Still, neither one of them had a criminal record; Shanann got tickets for having a broken speedometer in 2002 and then two violations in 2009: broken speedometer and speeding.
Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared

Chris Watts' slain family: Wife suspected infidelity

Maybe it's like the telephone game.

Great question. Maybe @gitana1 knows the answer.
I know if someone provides info, they have to go by the book. If they don't all of that info would be tainted. If he confessed and they told him he needs a lawyer and he kept talking they can use that info. If he asks for a lawyer they are supposed not question him any further. So maybe he confessed then lawyer shows up and he tells CW....do not speak. I am not a lawyer, just IMO.

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts with the intent to terminate unlawfully the pregnancy of a woman, namely: Shanann Watts, feloniously and unlawfully terminated the pregnancy of the woman. Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S

She died as a result of him trying to terminate the pregnancy? Did he punch her in the stomach and she bled to death? But count 1 also says he deliberately killed her. Maybe this is a way to hold him accountable for the unborn baby's death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member