Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC TV News had a friend of SW on this morning, didn't catch her name. She confirmed SW 'suspected' Chris was having an affair. He no longer touched her or hugged her and seemed distant.
This would indicate to me he had already emotionally distanced
himself from his wife. He had already decided to move in a
different direction- that didn't include the wife.
So was it murder or a girlfriend in his thoughts? Or both?

Take it for what it’s worth, but I’ve worked in healthcare for over 20 years and that’s not how it works.

At both the OB/Gyn office I work at AND the multiple hospital L&D units I have worked in, the patients always sign a form acknowledging HIPAA and that we cannot give out health information (via telephone or to family in waiting room, etc); HOWEVER, they do sign permission for us to tell visitors/etc that they are a patient here .... for example, someone calls and asks “What room is Mrs Smith in”, we DO give them the room number, essentially acknowledging that the patient is indeed there.

If they choose NOT to sign the release, then we say “We do not have anyone by that name”. They are considered NO PUBLICITY/CONFIDENTIAL.. and, everyone on the unit is aware of that.

At the OB/Gyn office, you can actually designate a person that it is okay for them to discuss your health info with...for example, my husband is one mine. So, he could come to the office, show his ID, and get test results/info on RX/whatever...

So, her OB office simply acknowledging an appt for her is not a matter of HIPAA.. no health info is compromised—they wouldn’t have to say WHAT the appt was for (pregnancy, labs, ultrasound, surgery consult, STD testing, etc)

Here is a sad quote regarding recovering the girls' bodies:

"...submerged in oil tanks. It took hours to drain the tanks of their thick, dark oil in order to recover Bella, 4 and Celeste, 3."

Also tells that the neighbor that CW spent the night began to suspect him and called the police when he went to pick up his father from the airport.

Chris Watts case: Sources say bodies of 2 daughters concealed inside oil and gas tanks

And of course in true Narcissitic fashion, CW was concerned with how he looked.

“He just kept saying that he didn’t know where she was and that she was on a play date,” said Atkinson, recalling the conversation she had with Chris the day Shanann went missing. “But he couldn’t give us the name of the friend. I knew he had something to do with it the day I was at his house with him, but I didn’t want to think that.”
Atkinson said she believed the couple were happily married—but that Chris Watts, unprompted, brought up the issue of separation when she called him the day Shanann went missing, which she thought was strange.

“She didn’t talk about leaving him or separating. She very much loved her family and wanted to be a family,” said Atkinson. “I didn’t find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning.
“When I called him and asked him where she was, that's when he told me and I basically told him that that wasn't my [concern] at that particular moment because it wasn't and that their business was their business, that they would either work it out or they wouldn't.”

She says her suspicions were further fueled when a neighbor's security video showed that Shanann didn't leave the house after she was dropped off—but Chris Watts did. Atkinson says that discovery proved to her that “there was something seriously wrong.”

“He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was,” said Atkinson. “He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is.”

Atkinson went on to say that when the bodies were discovered it was “one of my worst nightmares,” adding: “I sat on our bed for, I don’t know how long, and didn’t move because I didn’t want to think that they weren’t coming back.”

Neighbor knew something was 'seriously wrong' before man confessed to killing family
During this interview one of our questions has been answered. Atkinson says, there was no movement after I dropped her off until 5 when CW left for work. So he took all 3 together to his place of work. I truly hope SW did not witness her children being murdered or see what he had done when she arrived home. Dear Lord.

Neighbor knew something was 'seriously wrong' before man confessed to killing family
“He was defending himself, but it just didn’t make sense. Like in that moment it is kind of surreal,” Atkinson told “Good Morning America” in an interview Monday. “He was just sitting there waiting for something to happen; it just didn’t seem right to me.”

Shanann Watts was 15 weeks pregnant, and appeared to be happily married, according to Atkinson.

"No, she did not talk about leaving him or separating. She very much loved her family and wanted to be a family,” Atkinson said. "I didn't find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning. When I called him and asked him where she was, that's when he told me and I basically told him that that wasn't my [concern] at that particular moment because it wasn't and that their business was their business, that they would either work it out or they wouldn't."

He just kept saying that he didn’t know where she was and that she was on a playdate. But he couldn’t give us the name of the friend,” Atkinson said. “I knew he had something to do with it the day I was at his house with him, but I didn’t want to think that.

“Anyone in their right mind will start piecing things together and think something had happened, but you don’t want to go there. You want to believe the best in people,” she added.

She couldn’t offer too many details about the couple’s private lives, but she said Chris Watts appeared more distant recently.

“I mean couples or families have their issues, but not to where it justifies what was done,” she said. “I know that Chris and her were having some issues about three weeks prior to everything happening. But as far as the social media and what actually went on behind closed doors I don't know.

“He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is,” she added.

Thank you for posting this interview with NU (AKA NA). I have to say, hearing her side of things has changed my mind. I have been imagining that SW was the one who wanted to leave, and that that her 6 week trip to NC may have been a trial separation. After watching NU/NA's interview, I think it was CW who had decided to move on.

10 AM SCHEDULE ARTICLES OF ADVISEMENT.

Weld county court
19th judicial district

CHRISTOPHER WATTS

The second case listed may be the
Homeowners *advertiser censored*.

The 1st is the only criminal case I see.

Fees attached to online document view.

Attachments

• ABC2582E-437E-445D-901A-0AFACD1CA6EA.png
    ABC2582E-437E-445D-901A-0AFACD1CA6EA.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 74
I think with the article / video newsreport being early on when she was missing, those details that some are asking on this page are answered in a more thorough article here (FYI, same one friend, we’ve seen two different last names used).

Atkinson said she became immediately concerned about Watts when she didn't hear from her on the day she went missing. She said Watts had plans to see her doctor that day and missed the appointment.

She said she drove to the Watts' family home that day. But she got no answer when she rang the bell and noticed that Shanann's car was in the garage.

She told ABC News on Sunday that she called Chris Watts to express her concern. Then she called the Frederick Police Department and asked for a welfare check on Shanann.

She said Chris later showed up and they went into the house with a police officer.

When they found Watts' purse and cell phone inside the house and her keys inside her car in the garage, Atkinson became even more alarmed.
'I hope it's a boy for him': Pregnant wife, weeks before husband allegedly killed her
So her keys were actually left in the car? That's an interesting detail. Why didn't she bring them into the house?

If it's true that he was ready to move on without his wife and children, he appears to be the type that he would NOT have wanted any of them to be taking up with a different "husband" and "father" role. He would have considered them possessions that no one else was allowed to touch. This in my mind is why he had to kill them.

Still, the Thayers thought it was odd that Shanann had left her cellphone and car keys behind. This led them to contact a detective with their concerns after Chris left the house to pick up his father at the airport.
At 1:40 p.m., police came to the three-story home for a welfare check. Shanann’s purse, cellphone and car keys were inside. Investigative sources tell The Daily Beast that baby blankets were missing on the childrens’ beds.

Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared

He probably wrapped the two little girls bodies in their blankets...

Cass, that link takes me to an big error.... This page is so lost, even our intrepid reporters can't find it...
Can you see if it still works for you? Thanks

There is this one, also: (if it works)
Last Person to See Shanann Alive: Why I Suspect Chris Watts

ETA:

Thanks, scapa!

I wondered if it might be the same article, different name

It is a Good Morning America video but was on the Daily Beast website. I thought it had all the info wrong because it was saying that CW told the friend that they were going to separate. I thought it was SW stating problems, not CW. So I used a different browser to try to open GMA, Chrome will not connect me. Yes it is written that CW was saying this to Nickola. I thought Daily beast was like Radar on line.

I looked it up: A factual search reveals that the Daily Beast has failed a fact check, however when brought to their attention, they issued a correction to the story. By issuing a correction they remain High for factual reporting.

Last edited:
Questions about Colorado tragedy may be answered Monday as Christopher Watts faces charges in wife, daughters’ deaths

[Weld County District Attorney Michael] Rourke statutorily has until 3:30 p.m. Monday to file the charges. The charges will then be read at Watts’ next court hearing, at 10 a.m. Tuesday. Watts has been held without bond in the Weld County Jail since his arrest.

Questions about gruesome facts of the case may be answered as early as Monday if a judge decides to open a sealed arrest warrant affidavit that explains why police arrested him. At the request of prosecutors, a judge sealed the affidavit.

During this interview one of our questions has been answered. Atkinson says, there was no movement after I dropped her off until 5 when CW left for work. So he took all 3 together to his place of work. I truly hope SW did not witness her children being murdered or see what he had done when she arrived home. Dear Lord.

Unless he had already disposed of the girls' bodies before Shannan got home? Those cameras will help nail him. Interesting that Atkinson did not know about the separation from SW. Seems to indicate that story might have been a reason for CW to explain her disappearance.

Did anyone notice that in both interviews (porch and driveway), CW used the same lines word for word, like that he was waiting for them to "barrel rush" him. He certainly had his speech prepared.

I don't think he's a sociopath or a psychopath. You could see his nerves. He was rattled, and clearly haunted by the "ghost town" he'd created.

My thoughts have been, from the beginning, that he had already killed the girls on Sunday evening before SW arrived home. I am on the fence about whether he disposed of them on Sunday or waited and dumped them all at once, but from LE stating the girls had been in crude oil for 4 days, that would indicate it was the Sunday, as they were recovered Thursday.

I believe that the imminent charges reflect this, given the 2x 1st degree murder - position of trust, and the 1x 1st degree murder after deliberation.

I don't like to speculate on the "why" at this stage. Finances appear to be a possibility, but I will reserve my opinion until we have more facts.

Does anyone know if the Watts were particularly religious? MLMs give me LDS links in my head, but that could just be because of Travis Alexander and Prepaid Legal lol

MLMs are basically cults, IMO

I’m wondering if she insulted his precious ego somehow and this enraged him.

———

“There are no specific combinations of traits or characteristics shown to differentiate serial
killers from other violent offenders.”

FBI: Serial Murder

———

“Family Annihilators”: Understanding What Drives Fathers to Kill | TIME.com

“The picture that emerged shows that men who kill their families were most likely to commit their crimes on Sundays and in August, times when children are typically out of school. The most common method was stabbing; the second was carbon monoxide poisoning. More than half of the men were in their 30s and more than 80% committed or tried to commit suicide after killing their children. While previous research found that “annihilators” are often characterized by failure, most of the men in the current sample were employed — and had jobs ranging from surgeon to librarian to taxi driver.“

-An observation again so far, ahow CW may be less common as a FA, didn’t use a knife (that we know of) and didn’t commit suicide (actually from what I read so far about 50 percent of FAs commit suicide).

——

10 Notorious Cases of Familicide - Oddee

———

Why Ordinary People Murder Their Families

“Known as "family annihilators", these people, most always men, have a profound need for control that drives them to destroy their family when they can no longer provide for them financially or when the family has been divided by divorce. (With men who commit murder-suicides there tends to be a catalyst such as a financial or personal defeat that they view as catastrophic, while women who kill loved ones are more likely to have a history of mental-health conditions like postpartum psychosis, as in the case of Andrea Yates, the Texas mother who drowned her five young children in 2001.)“

——-

Characteristics of family killers revealed by first taxonomy study

“Family annihilators have received little attention as a separate category of killer," said Professor David Wilson, one of the paper's three authors, and Director of the Centre of Applied Criminology at Birmingham City University. "Often they are treated like spree or serial murderers, a view which presupposes traits, such as the idea that the murderer 'snaps', or that after killing their partner or children the killer may force a stand-off with the police."“

Snip

“Over half of these men, 55%, were in their thirties; 10% were in their twenties and the oldest was discovered to be 59.

August was found to be the most common month for the killing to take place, accounting for 20% of cases. Just under half of all murders were committed over weekends, especially on a Sunday.“

—-eta: oh wait a minute, getting a different state here on suicide, from the above link:

“81% of the men attempted suicide after the act, which refutes the traditional idea that family annihilators may force the police to shoot them, as is common with spree murderers. There were no recorded cases of stand-offs with the law.”
Very interesting

But that would mean they had a landline and an answering machine

Those are vanishing species nowadays.
Unless when it was noticed her phone was still there, a voicemail was seen and played on speaker or something?

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest

I know that Chris and her were having some issues about three weeks prior to everything happening. But as far as the social media and what actually went on behind closed doors I don't know.

“He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is,” she added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa